Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

wow, two days now, and i've still won. :joy:

check page 250 ;)

Yes... but now you need to make up for the posts you had to delete in order to keep the total post count proper.

My friend is really trying to talk me into getting World At War so we can kick it out co-op style.

*Sigh*

I'm sure I probably will... though already have too many games I still need to finish before I spend a chunk of change and a lot of time on a new one.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes... but now you need to make up for the posts you had to delete in order to keep the total post count proper.

My friend is really trying to talk me into getting World At War so we can kick it out co-op style.

*Sigh*

I'm sure I probably will... though already have too many games I still need to finish before I spend a chunk of change and a lot of time on a new one.

I hear that. I like to go one at a time, master a game and then move on to the next. Right now I'm playing some Mirror's Edge, trying to three star all the time trials. The game is a lot more fun when no one is shooting at you and you don't have to fight anyone...

But Lego Indiana Jones came with the 360, and I also want to play that. Kung Fu Panda, too, but I doubt I'll bother playing that one, at least not until I've played through the games I really want to play. The Force Unleashed will be up after Mirror's Edge, and I think I may pick up Ace Combat 6, too. That should take me right up to the point Street Fighter IV comes up, at which point I may have to get on X-Box Live.

I have to ask, why do you think you are worth that much Scar?

post 2:

Because Admiral, for starters I have an active clearance, which if I get hired any background check will show that, and that'll be the end of that.

However, if I am hired with out it, and I need to be required for a clearance, the company would have to spend quite the sum of money to perform the check. Last time I was given info on that it was about 50k to perform the check.

Next, it's not just my experience of performing my job when I was in the Navy, it also what else pertains with the things like, equipment, documentation, etc

The safeguarding and protection of siad equipment is one very main reason why anyone with a clearance keeps his job til he goes off to do something else; Instead of getting kicked out of that workspace, never to return, and get put cleaning dishes with one less paygrade, and continue to do so til you get kicked off the boat

I've had the opportunity to see that happen during my time. honest. that person got no sympathy from anyone.

if you want Admiral, I can send you my resume to see what I'm talking about.

i gotta work today...actually woke up a little early today (2 hours before work)...

not sure if i'll get out early today or not...cause i still got the 40 minutes of overtime i gotta cut...they might tell me to take extra time on my lunch, but i don't really like that idea at all, lunches are long enough as it is...

i am off the next 2 days, so that is cool. i'll probably just end up staying and leaving early on friday...

Have they ever been to the ocean?

Yep, we have been maybe 3 times and then I think it was in 06 we went to a wedding at Rehoboth beach Delaware. That was great. The beach plus the fact that the water was warm. :) We also spent a week at Hunnington Beach in Cali when the wife had a work meeting. Didn't see Hasselhoff and Pam though so that kind of sucked. ;)

Ocean Shores, Wa 07...

DSC00064.jpg

Well... broke down and got CoD:WaW. Couldn't even find a used copy, so I paid full price. Ouch.

It better be amazing. I'll try to jump in on co-op tonight when I get home.

Bought a couple of CDs today too:

Yes: Yes

Jethro Tull: Crest Of A Knave

Al Stewart: Year Of The Cat

Ripping them into my work iTunes as I type.

I'm skipping the work XMas party tonight... which is going on right now.

I had a lousy time at last years... so I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

Things have slowed down at lot at work... a LOT. last week we typically had 20+ outbound trucks a day.. today we had 10. 2 at 7am, and the rest after 1pm. I spent the day watering all of the 30+ batteries we have for our equipment. Tomorrow I get to clean them off.

But then again, I am so thankful for having an easy, good paying full-time job right now.

We were only there for 4 days, very prett beach and lots of skin. :) We stayed just down the road in Dewey beach. I would like to go back some day,. The wife has alot of family back there.

Dewey, yeah, that's where I stayed too. It's like the gay beach capital of the east coast now, though. So you might see plenty of skin there, but not the kind you want :p

work was much smoother today...not so many freaking greeting card orders, we were still backed up but not more than 2 hours. lol

getting out to kill my overtime was all but impossible....people bum-rushed the picture maker, and i was like WTF so i went on my 15 minute break, by the time i got back they were finished. had to pause some orders so i could get the machines shut down by 9pm..they'll be printing tomorrow. i won't be there. the last 4 days of work have felt like 8 days...well except for today. why do i always get stuck with the irresponsible coworkers? -_-

cool that you got World at War, Ed! rank to 18 and meet with me on hardcore mode. it's the only way to team deathmatch!!!!!!!!

nah just gotta keep at it, learning when and where to "camp" and relocate takes some getting used to, once you got that down, it gets easier. also learn the maps on private match helps too. i found some sweet spots in Vacant on Cod4....i gotta dload the new maps for that sometime. :D

I think that you'll like CoD:WaW.

I'm really not all that crazy about CoD4... but now that I own both, I'm gonna do my best to get through them.

The co-op mode on WaW will help: I find I actually finish games from beginning to end when I have a co-op partner to spur me on.

Nice easy day at work. Boss told me to help train and supervise 3 employee's while they worked on new job tasks. I asked him if he wanted me to do anything else he said "No, I want you to just stand around and be available to help them out."

so most of my day was standing around and checking on my minions every hour or so and helping them out..

Life is good

Archived