Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

it's snowing.. yay. passed out on the couch. not sure how work is going to be today...snow=possibility of less customers, or more because it's friday and people are crazy.

i'm glad i don't have a hangover. :) gonna work 1-10, then come home and watch some movies i think.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And here...we... go!

I called District offices about me not being in my field services job and it being delayed indefinitely. In the absolutely nicest way possible, I threw my GM and Supervisor under a large shipping train. So when I go to work in the next few hours..... ugh.

I talked straight to our District Manager, showed alot of humility and told him the plans I had worked on to smooth the transition out to field services at the store level, but I still have no clear concise answers on why it seems like I'm being cockblocked from a higher pay, and now why someone below me whom I've worked with is being cockblocked from a promotion.

So I'll let you know how it goes.

sounds awesome.

6 days til christmas!!!!!!! haha.

i get to go last minute christmas shopping this year if i do any at all...payday is on christmas eve. then again, i could use my debit card as credit on my day off (tuesday)...easier that way since i am workin 10-6 on christmas eve!

ed: try that eharmony.com sight. lol i did last night, but damn they want alot ($59.99 or so) per month for it. at least i can "see" my matches though, no pictures or communication allowed though. :rolleyes: it's kind of lame. lol

We have quite abit of snow for out here. We had some yesterday morning but at about 3PM it really started to come down. I got home and grabbed the kids and headed to the hill at the end of the street. When me and my girl left at 6 there was more then 20 people out sledding. My wife and boy stayed out till almost 7PM. Very fun.

Ed, here is something I heard one of my friends say once...

Better to be single, then wish you were...

There is a babe out there for ya, it sometimes just takes a while to find her.

I came into work late because of the snow and traffic, and most everyone is out of work because of the holiday vacation so it's time to fire up a movie...

Todays entertainment....

Crank with Jason Statham and Amy Smart An adrenaline fueled thrill ride.....:)

Believe me I have tried a lot of dating sites and even paid money for a few. eHarmony might be expensive, but it is nice to know some people have put in an investment into finding a relationship. A lot of the other sites out there are nothing but booty call sites. or you get a picture of a nice looking woman. When you meet them you find out the picture is about 10 years old, and they have gained 150 pounds since it was taken *shudder*

Got up. Posted here. Took a sip of tea. Puked my guts out. Threw away rest of tea. Puked some more.

Called into work and got someone to cover for me tomorrow. Went back to bed. Got some more sleep. Feel better now.

Ate a little soup. Drinking some vitamin drink.

I hope the worst of it is over.

Getting sick is bad enough but pukin makes it worse. :( Sorry your feeling bad big fella.

Been sleeping on and off all day, and now the dizziness and nausea are gone. Actually got down a can of soup and some crackers... so I think it has passed.

But now I'm weak and woozy. Dehydrated, probably. Gonna drink some tea, eat some fruit, and take a shower and see if I can't feel even better.

But I suspect this was the cause of my exhaustion and black mood yesterday: I was on the verge of coming down with something.

work was fun!!!! definitely one of the best fridays this holiday season! it snowed about 4-6 inches, i saw someone curbed their car into the post office water drainage ditch like i almost did a few weeks ago. :D sucks for them!

i got into work and they were just about closing it down, and i was like 'wtf i just got here!!' so i let my 2 coworkers leave and i basically just hung out in my department all day, putting alot of freight out, changing some labels, etc. nice to do work that didn't involve alot of impatient customers...

Picked up a 42" Samsung plasma, a blu-ray player, and a blu-ray copy of Top Gun (for good measure).

Watching Tomcats scream by and realizing you can see the other plane's reflection in the cockpit glass is awesome. HDTV, where have you been all my life?

had to return world at war...was getting good at sniping, on the regular team deathmatch mode anyway...so yeah i played buncha games tonight...played Turok single player for a bit, then conquered a few territories in EndWar, and then finished up with a 2-3 hour round of Call of Duty 4, first reg team deathmatch, then on hardcore.

Nice.

I think Blu-Ray will be my next big electronics purchase.

Of course, I'll need a true Hi-Def 1080P TV to really take advantage of it... :naughty:

Next year... after I get my cellar re-done.

Unless you're getting something bigger than 50", the difference between 1080p and 720p is unnoticeable. I spent 20 minutes yesterday staring at two 42" sets from the same manufacturer, one 1080p and one 720p, and could not tell which was which without looking at the spec sheet. Hardly enough of an improvement to justify the $300 difference in price.

There's quite a difference between SD and HD, at least when playing Xbox 360, it's noticeable.

I'd like to get a nice 42" LCD HDTV for the living room. The ones we sell at walmart are half-decent. I think I'm going to go with the Vizio brand when i buy one.

Mod Edit: Congrats, R15...this is the 2,600th post. :joy: WS

Archived