Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rogue 15 reminds me how glad I am people can't really see what we're up to in our kitchen. Hair net? :dozey: Oh, you like hair, do you...?

A customer came back to the kitchen once to show me a little green caterpillar that he'd found on his salad. I say, 'Well, now you know it's safe to eat. That's the canary in the coal mine, right there.'

In R15's case, I think it's more like, 'The fingerprints mean you know your old lady's hot.' ;)

Well, I was going to take it to the dealer this morning, but it wouldn't start :mad: So I tried to jump it, which also didn't work :mad: :mad: So I had to have it towed to the dealer :mad: :mad: :mad: But on other hand, I get to work from home today and tomorrow :thumbsup:

I dont have to work tomorrow!

sucks about the car, atleast the tow was covered by the dealer right?

I read that wrong the first time through... and had to go back and read it more carefully, all the time thinking to myself: "Why exactly would Keyan want to stomp feces? :confused: What good would that do?"

S'all true, I tells 'ya.

:dozey:

Maybe it has something to do with this "Revenge of the Sh*t" I've been hearing so much about lately...

played some oblivion. Apparently you can invest in a shop once you master mercantile. just saw it on one of the loading screen tips.

played some cod4, hardcore team death match. very fun. last game i got to hear some people bragging and dissing each other's work places.

gotta pay rent today....i don't really feel like going outside and downstairs....

my dad came over last night to check the heat registers/radiators, and help me fix my bathroom sink and take care of an overflowing litter box. the sink got fixed, the litter box is clean and the cats are happy. the landlords just aren't turning the heat up enough to get it running through our radiators. I'm getting sick of it cause every time it's cold up here i have to call down there and tell them to turn the ****in heat up...i guess i'm letting them get away with it cause i can tolerate it being a little cold as long as it's not below 50 degrees. i should buy a thermometer.

my tracker is in the shop i think...i dropped it off over at the dealer, put the keys in the keybox since nobody was around. i wasn't about to drive it home and back after discovering they closed at 6 and run the miles beyond warranty. -_- hopefully they fix the problem....they better..

Got a call yesterday from not-my-girlfriend (a young lady I was once romantically interested in, but who chose another dude who eventually turned out to be a good friend, and she more like a dharmic sister) who moved up by Salem last summer.

Her boyfriend is a special individual with a lot of good points (my estimation there) despite being mildly schizophrenic. While he was living down here before, he was on meds and doing just fine--he seemed like a normal person who was just farther *out there* than the rest of us. However, after returning back to his hometown with her and her kids in tow, he discontinued the medication because it was causing health issues with his heart. Needless to say, he went loopy...and she had him put in the local psych ward.

He dumped her. Although he's resumed taking psych meds (I don't know what kind, but I assume it doesn't affect his heart,) he still doesn't want to be with her. From the sound of things, she was being mean to him--not unlikely, knowing her--at a time when he was fragile and tenuous in the mental sense, then 'tossed him in the loony bin.'

I told her to wait until he's back in his right mind, then see how he feels. He might see then that despite her faults, she does have a big heart in the first place...

If not, I'm totally gonna bird-dog that chick. :D Hoo-yeah!

My dental issues are getting better. I do have the TMJ after all, but it's getting better. Now my jaw is just sore as opposed to the plugged up ears and dizziness. Apparently, my facial musculature is simply readjusting to its new shape.

I'm off today. :max: I feel like drinking.

I'm working a Richard Thompson acoustic show today. Pretty easy and straight ahead.

I'm just wiped out, thanks to coming back to our first real full week back being non-stop and chaotic and high-stress.

Oh... and no sleep. That tends to not help a lot.

Good luck with runnin' down that fem, Zoom.

Been attempting to make some inroads in that direction myself lately... but meeting with much resistance.

Oh well...

the mechanic that was looking at my tracker never called me back after his first call after he took it for a spin. i called and he was already gone. gonna see what's up tomorrow. i hope i don't owe anything, as he said something about the warranty covering the big stuff like if the tran was to go and stuff like that....i'm going to be ****ing pissed if i have to put any $$ (which i do not have right now) into it.

A spirited warrior woman is nothing to sneeze at.

An automatic weapon firing from one hand, and carrying a baby on her other hip.

What else is there?

:joy:

But in reality: I personally tend to go for more 'girlie' types... they just don't ever seem to go for me. Either type. Any type.

Hmmm...

Show went well... other than a stupid screw-up with the catering (which, fortunately, I have nothing to do with...)

I actually watched a little of it (they had thier own engineer mixing, by the way...)

It was pretty good... though I thought loud for an acoustic show. Wasn't super thrilled with the mix... which is probably why I never see live concerts anymore: I can't deal with watching (or in this case, more accurately: listening to...) somebody else do the job I do. I usually find it a horribly painful experience.

But it's late. I'm tired. Long week.

Bed.

Plan for today:

- Haircut (that I never got last weekend.)

- Car inspected (ditto)

- Wait for phone guy to change my land-line service.

- Relax from stupid work week.

There's a bunch of other stuff in there that I know I really should be doing... but I'm still wiped out. I know I won't get far if I try to push it.

Tomorrow will be a productivity write-off: spent over my friend's house. Game day. Going over early to play some XBox and Wii... then we'll watch the Superbowl.

mechanic didn't really take a look at my car...just said transmission fluid levels were a little low. so i call my parents and tell them i can go pick up my car, they ask if they did anything to it, no they didn't.....so they bitch and yell at me to call the guy that sold me the car and explain him that the warranty is almost out and there's a problem, etc, etc. so i call and of course he's with a customer, the place is only open until 12pm, so it is highly unlikely he'll call me back before my mom comes to pick me up, and of course she'll drive past my workplace and over to the dealership and force me to go in and explain the situation, which will make me late for work. i'm at the point of calling off of work right now. i told my dad this and he calls me childish. of course, that's all they ****ing think i am anyway.

i'm really gonna be hating my job today. all my coworkers are gonna be there, so the mgmt will be forcing some of us on front register. think it's time to email a recruiter and get the ball rolling. i'm sick of being treated like ****.

edit: lol my dad called the dealer. now there's some funny ****. apparently the roads out where my parents live are a sheet of ice. i told them i could always call off, cause i don't have a ride....my landlords haven't plowed or de-iced the driveway (i just had enough salt left to get the stairs and part of the sidewalk).

Well... my furnace got switched off somehow this morning.

Of course, I never actually discovered this until I was already in the shower.

The water temperature never actually got much above "Arctic Ocean Water" warmth.

Well... I was dragging ass all morning, not wanting to get started, still half asleep.

No longer. :dozey:

**** off. :mad:

Actually... the brutally icy shower was only the warm-up (words chosen for maximum irony...) the precursor if you will, to a truly horrific "one of those days."

It was the worst of times; it was the worst of times. The best laid plans of mice and ed. I can't believe the week I'm having! And so on...

None of my carefully plotted plans came to pass in the order I set them out.

This was due mainly to the fact that the window I was given for the phone guy, 11am - 2pm, was either far too small to be realistic, or a complete work of fiction... since by the time 2:30 rolled around I still hadn't seen hide nor hair of him.

It was far closer to 3 before I heard a truck pull up outside... just as I was getting ready to give up on it and leave the house, and attempt to take care of the rest of my pressing concerns.

So now I had to walk him through the house (which is an absolute disaster at the moment, thanks to the cat and my work schedule of the last several weeks not allowing proper upkeep) and then wait the hour and a half while he installed the new equipment.

When he was finally done, I tried to get out and check off a few line items on my "to-do" list... but I met with difficulty and failure at every turn and step of the way.

The place I get my hair cut was standing-room-only for people waiting... with at least a 45-minute queue ahead of me. No thanks... I had too much other stuff to do today.

The grocery store was equally as mobbed. I skipped that too.

The car inspection place wouldn't see me today. Swell.

The pet-food store only had one bag of the dry food I normally buy.

My gas-cap tether snapped as I went to fill my tank today... meaning I'll have to make a trip to the dealer, or a parts store at the very least, in the near future...

Then the gas spout didn't shut off completely as I removed it from the car, soaking my pants and shoes... which I can still smell as I sit here typing this. Awesome.

So, out of all the stuff I set out to do when I left the house, I only managed to return with a single small bag of cat food to show for it.

As soon as I got home, I just crawled under the blankets, and tried very hard to forget today ever happened.

Hopefully the nap did me some good... but my mood hasn't really improved much.

I think the sleep was really what I needed most of all anyway.

But it means I have a really busy morning ahead of me tomorrow, to cover all that before trekking over to my buddy's house.

*grumble*

man that sounds like a bad day. i got my tracker back. they're doing 'research' on what will be needed to fix the exhaust leak. they said the transmission fluid was a little low, but not bad. if only they'd just drive it to where you can actually DRIVE IT, then they would see where i'm coming from. I don't drive it too far from home to actually NEED the extra power to go 50mph+, but when i'm headed over waymart into scranton, there's this huge ****ing hill that the tracker does NOT like getting into gear for, so i climb the hill going like 35mph with the speed limit 40-50. Maybe if i'd put the 4WD on....hmm i'll try that next time.

oh well....the guy did say he'd contact me later on.

Work was good today. people held off the whole week to develop their film on a saturday. so it kept the 8 hours rolling. i didn't eat lunch today. part of my 'save teh money' program. instead of spending money on lunch or driving home for lunch, i've come to the decision that i will leave any money and debit card at HOME, and just take a nap out in my tracker instead. All i had to eat today was a bowl of chili and a slice of bread, and 2 cups of coffee, each on my 15 minute break. (at least its free lol) this way, i save approximately $20-$30 a week, on gas AND food. (roughly $10-$20 depending where i go for food and $10 worth of gas for the extra trip home) I'm gonna just stick to it, get myself used to not eating so much. then i'll come home from work and tear the refrigerator apart....but i'll be saving about $60 a paycheck...which i may put into a little 'savings' thing. just gotta figure out what i want to save that extra $$ for. hmm maybe i'll save it for vacation, or sign up at a gym. i haven't been to a gym in forever...the last one i went to was fun, until some bitch kicked me off the treadmill. :mad:

Archived