Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

Show went well... other than a stupid screw-up with the catering (which, fortunately, I have nothing to do with...)

:max: That would be my department, I guess. My bad. (They need a chef smilie. The rabbit comes close, but not quite...) Ed, I looked up your horoscope today, and it appears that the chinese dragon is devouring the sun and unbalancing libra with its feces. The book says--and I quote--'Stay thee in bed atremble.'

I talked with not-my-girlfriend's boyfriend today. He has a psychiatric hearing monday to determine of they're gonna let him out our keep him locked up for awhile. I can't imagine this guy hurting himself or anyone else in a million years, but he didn't sound like he was back in tune with reality enough to pass an exam (in my layman's opinion.) I asked if he was taking his meds, and he said he was, although it sounded as if he were just doing it to shut the nurses up.

The subject of the female never came up. :dozey: My past feelings are not a secret, as is my 'honor first' way of living life, but I think the matter of where she would go if he rejected her is something that doesn't yet register on his radar screen. Right now, we're all focused on getting him thinking straight.

Okay. Fine. Whatever. :biggs: If she's Starbuck and he's Sam, that makes me Apollo and Dualla can show up any freaking time now! :mad:

*Sighs*

*Gets drunk*

;)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah... that was the impression I got just getting out of bed this a.m. but for some reason I desperately tried to soldier on in a vain and foolhardy attempt to get things done.

The day went on to prove me the idiot I knew I was being. I had no business getting out of bed today, and somehow, I knew it.

Well... I'm going to try to fix something to eat, perhaps take another (proper) shower after that, and then maybe blow things up in the digital realm... although I tried some XBox earlier and was sucking very, very hard at it as well... yet another sign the stars are against me today, I suppose.

Perhaps I should just read or watch a DVD... some activity that's totally passive, so it would be hard to mess up.

My current female problems are along the lines of what happened to me today, actually.

Not outright rejection, so much... but circumstances interfering with plans, making it so not being able to ever arrange to be in the same place at the same time.

Honestly: it sometimes feels like the cosmos itself is trying to step in and quash any attempt of mine to end my extended alone-hood.

Reading: papercuts, flammable medium, could cause eyestrain headaches.

DVD: machine could be wired with homeland security RF transmitter spy cameras, disc could give off chemical vapors when heated, and (dare I say it) subliminal advertising.

Wow. I'd go with the X-box--at least you can give the buggers a taste of their own medicine...

I think that this would be most accurate chef smilie: :mad1: < I swear I work with this dude!

Meh, I think I've been out of a fighter plane so long now, I belong with the ground pounders.

Bah! You know you really belong in the sky with the rest of us flyboys, son! You've only just forgotten your true calling!

Seriously, though: pick up Ace Combat 6 when you get a chance... if for no other reason than to drool all over the graphics... which are oh so purdy!

If only they had made a Rogue Squadron game this fast and photorealistic...

Oh yeah... no doubt. But some of the graphics in this game are breathtaking... especially when you see them in true hi-def. Whew!

There's one mountain level that I kept getting wiped out on because I was too busy looking at the backgrounds for too long.

Fortunately, when you finish a level, you can go back and do a free flight: just putt around the level map with no enemies. I've done that a couple of times.

It also feels a bit faster than those games. The sense of speed can get really intense. I never quite felt that at this level in the the RS games.

The enemy AI seems more advanced too. Some of the enemy aces are a bitch-and-a-half to bring down.

Not that I think this game is better than the RS ones... but I sure wish there was an current-gen Star Wars flight game to truly compete with this one. That would be awesome!

Especially with the multiplayer options. Co-op and head-to-head.

Pweeese Lucasarts? PWETTY PWEEESE?!??

My water main froze last week and I put out my back crawling around under the house trying to fix it... Fortunately we didn't have any burst pipes, though. The back wasn't too bad... Until I really screwed it up trying to get my fiance's car out of a snowbank. She'd cleared out the snow around the car, but decided to try and just force her way through the snowplow-pile at the end of the driveway and got herself completely stuck. It really surprised me, 'cause the pile was almost up to her trunk and she's normally makes good decisions when she's behind the wheel... Anyway, after about 30 minutes of getting most of the snow out from under the car she starts getting upset about being late for work, so I figure there's enough snow moved to put down a little sand and push. And it worked, but just as the car started moving on it's own, my back felt like someone clobbered it with a crowbar.

Doc put me off work for a week and loaded me up with muscle-relaxants and anti-inflammatories. Today's my first day back to work, and it promises to be entertaining, since I'm still on the aforementioned drugs, and they leave me a bit... Loopy.

Ouchie.

:(

I typically stay away from muscle relaxants and heavy pain medications these days, as I found I was way, WAY too into them the last time I was prescribed. (The first time my upper back/ neck went into full spasm...)

I could have easily slipped right into an addiction,.. and it scared the hell out of me to realize that.

Now I typically just suffer it out. Not fun,.. but it does get a bit easier with each episode.

I think I'm developing a pretty high tolerance to pain.

Or I've unconsciously adapted my behavior in a kind of bio-feedback to minimise aggravating the problem.

Either way, it rarely bothers me anywhere near as bad as the first time I had the problem.

one of the things I notice now that I almost reached the 1/3 century mark is that I don't bounce like I did 10 years ago. I used to be able to do 6 foot drops without any trouble, now I get a bit of pain in my ankles on the drop. Not to mention I had to deal with minor aches and pains every day.

I have always had a high tolerance for pain, but I miss the bounce.

I've been dealing w/ the residual aches from my heel fractures w/o any sort of medication for them, but they've been getting better as I've been walking (b/c the bones are stronger & I'm losing weight, meaning less weight for my feet to bear).

Ed, the big news this week on the other gaming boards has been the resignation of LucasArts' president, so we can hope anew for a new X-Wing. :D

Kewl.

Well, I'm hoping for more than that, actually. A full return to LA's glory days would be sweet!

But I'd settle for a couple of really good SW games that take advantage of next-gen technology.

My buddy called off the football game party due to everybody at his place being sick as a dog with a nasty stomach virus.

Damn.

I had no backup plans... guess I'll just have to get some snacks and watch the game at home.

Oh well... at least I don't have to rush to get all my errands done now.

Plus, I had the nicest shower I've had in a long time this morning. :) When I get back from my haircut, I may just take another one. :D

gotta get ready for ****in work. stupid job. i'll miss the good food now, AND the game. bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my wonderful tooth has started to ache. Maybe i can call off cause of it? no...this one will drive on.

i had some old eggs for breakfast....the expiration date was like 12th december 2007. i ate 3 of them with some toast and microwaved butter.

i got my room all cleaned up! got my laundry together for tuesday. might vacuum the living room floor yet. actually i can't. i don't have a vacuum.

my friend got Turok from blockbuster. i hate not having $$$....damn those overdraw fees...if i wasn't so stupid then. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

think i'll blare some music and do 100 pushups then get to work.

It's a Rodgers organ. So it's like a pipe organ without the pipes, I guess. We are renting it for Triduum/Easter, which is actually six weeks away or so, but we won't get it until then, so I'll only have about five days to practice on it. I can "handel" (heh heh) the manuals, but the pedals will be completely new to me, and I know nothing about registration. I tried googling for some resources but nothing much useful. So...yeah, I'm probably screwed.

Suck. :(

Pats lose. That's a bummer.

Oh well... at least now I don't need to worry about fighting a crowd getting into Boston on parade day. :dozey:

And the rest of the season was nothing to sneeze at.

It was too bad the game was so damn boring for 3 1/2 quarters. All the real action in the last 10 minutes.

The commercials weren't all that amazing this time either.

Always next year...

Archived