Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

What game machines have you now, Rabbit?

Other than my positively geriatric PC, I have my sleek, svelte, sexah XBox 360; and my aging (yet still phun,) Gamecube.

Last I remember, you had gotten a first gen XBox.

I'm still having fun with the X-box and Gamecube. :D I got both of the Battlefront games last summer, and have been tearing that up for awhile. Overall, I was disappointed with the game selection for Gamecube, although I thought it was a neat little system.

Crackerman: I've been taking care of two sick parents, engaging in the culinary arts and writing. Pretty boring here, I'm afraid. I need a truckload of migrant orion slave girls to take a wrong turn into the driveway or something. Maybe that satellite will come down in my yard. Ninjas. Whatever.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm... Well, if you do ever get yer grubby lil' paws on a 360, be sure to also get Ace Combat 6. Together, we could be the terror of the skies! :D

I wish it were a space sci/fi game,.. as well as a true flight sim... but the combat can be pretty damn intense when you are ass-deep in it.

But I found my new favorite plane in the game tonight: The Mirage.

Like an A-Wing: way too fast and insanely maneuverable... almost too much so. Only a madman would want to fly such a machine in close combat...

So I went back and re-flew all my previously completed missions again with it. :D

On the next difficulty level. And I dismissed my wingman... I wanted all those kills for myself.

This from the curling geek?

;P

touche'

I meant it as a compliment :D

Just got done playing in a more competitive league. ONly missed 2 shots, one went through the house, one was short of the house, and one went to the back (1 miss and two half shots) The skip I was playing with was playing a real defensive game even when down 2-3 points he was still calling for me to throw stuff into the house and not guards.

went crazy on myspace....decided to check some of my old coworker's (pizza hut) friends lists...found someone i had almost developed a crush on before she went into the army, and may have been one of the people that inspired me to enlist. also browsed some other sites...makes me miss those days. hopefully the chick replies back to me.

found some cool stone thing in oblivion that recharges most of my enchanted weapons. it's awesome! The enemies are starting to make me use tactics instead of just swinging a sword at them. Gonna have to get more experience with the blunt weapons...too bad it's a minor skill. The bow is very good, but i run out of arrows too fast. I've got half the amount needed for that house in Skingrad. I've been refraining from using the fast-travel feature and just exploring caves and ruins on my way to leyawiin (coming from chorral). Bears aren't bothering me as much anymore, mountain lions are getting easier to take out. I want to get into the arcane university so i can start enchanting some bad-ass weapons. Trying to get my alchemy skill up as well, this way...i can enchant a mean daedric bow and dip my arrows in poison...that combined with going into sneak mode for the x3+-x6+ damage...would be freakin awesome!

The temperature is rising here....it rained, but it's very icy out. almost fell down my stairs. -_- once it's 50 degrees and up i'll get out and start jogging. Considering buying one of those cheap mp3 players that go for about $45-$50 at walmart to give me something to listen to when i start running.

Didn't do my taxes today....i may go onto the site later and see what i can do on there, from what i hear it's really easy...but i am having doubts. -_-

heh, today started with a high of 40 degrees and clam. then at about two we started getting rain, with the tempuratures dropping it turned to a bit of hail, freezing rain. Now it is 21 degrees, foggy, light snow, and windy

Temp is suppsoe to get down to -7 tonight, and the wind child is going down to -25 to -30

Perhaps someday I'll finish Battlestar Galactica (The Hardest Flying Game known to Man)... :biggs:

Found out today I have TMJ (which stands for Totally Messed-up Jaw, as far as I'm concerned.) I had a tooth pulled last week, and thought I was developing a dry socket infection and went back to the dentist. Turns out no, the socket isn't infected...there's just a misalignment now in my mouth which causes:

1. Plugged-up ears.

2. Jaw pain.

3. Ringing in the ears.

4. Dizziness.

5. Migraines (which I was already getting.)

The fix? Expensive partials--which I had always hoped to avoid getting whether I could afford them or not. :dozey:

Enough whining. Yar. *(Burns down a French privateer. Piracy and mayhem, etc.)* ;)

skipped gaming and cleaned out majority of the living room. took forever, but i can see the desk and the floor looks much better, and i got all my paperwork in order. (car stuff, bills, etc) cleaned up my bct video with the dvd cleaner, think i'll put it in and see if it worked.

my bottom left molar is hurting, had the one on the right side pulled about a year and a half ago. i don't wanna get another tooth pulled...having no dental insurance sucks!!! gotta work at walmart until june of this year in order to be eligible for it. :rolleyes:

I think this week and next week i'll focus on cleaning and getting rid of tons of junk in the apartment. doing that will make it much easier for me to move out.

Found out today I have TMJ...

Have a mild form of that myself. My jaw snaps and pops loudly enough for other people to hear several yards away.

But other than the ringing in my ears (which probably has far more to do with my chosen profession of listening to loud bands playing through louder speakers...) that's the only real symptom I have...

Speaking of loud bands:

Tonight at work... yeah.

I wish my first run on the new system had been something smaller, low key, and far lower profile.

But no. It wasn't fated to be. A large rhythm section, with 10 vocalists, and horns.

The speakers sound nice... but the band's sound is so cluttered, it's really hard to tell.

High-light of the day:

Spilling most of a cup of tomato soup on my pants shortly after arriving to work. Yay.

Always fun wearing sticky, crusty, smelly clothes all day on a longish shift.

And supposedly there is (or shortly will be...) a 360 version of Galactica. I'll get it as soon as I see it.

I need more flying games. First person shooters are fine for what they are... but will never replace my first love.

PS - We need to break 300 posts by the end of the month. Almost there now. Shouldn't be difficult.

That reminds me: my inspection sticker is up in 2 days.

My car gas been running a little rough lately, too. I think I might have done something to it during one of those insane unplowed snowstorms we had.

I should probably haul it over to the dealers to get that checked out before I try to pass inspection...

Maybe next weekend.

My car seems to be having a little trouble getting started. And the air bag light comes on. What the heck? Guess I better get it checked out...

head to an autoparts store like oreilly autozone etc first and see if a code pops that will tell you something

since its free and all

hard starting......only when its COLD and the car is cold?

like it doesnt want to turn over much at first and everything is in slow mo?

And supposedly there is (or shortly will be...) a 360 version of Galactica. I'll get it as soon as I see it.

YOU HEARTLESS CYLON BAS-TARDS!!!

*(Goes and attacks BSG X-box with grim purposefulness.)*

I might not have TMJ after all. The top came off a root canal that I had done at the same time (I know--I love pain) and I have to have it fixed by the dentist today. All of my symptoms could be caused by that root canal going south over the last few days.

Meanwhile, good news: sick day. Bad news: Less money in, more going out.

:dozey: And the cylons are currently winning over there on the shelf. If only they fought as poorly as the droids in Battlefront...

head to an autoparts store like oreilly autozone etc first and see if a code pops that will tell you something

since its free and all

hard starting......only when its COLD and the car is cold?

like it doesnt want to turn over much at first and everything is in slow mo?

Well, it seems to be having more trouble getting started each time, regardless of whether or not it's cold. I'm going to try to get it to the dealer tomorrow - it's still under warranty.

George Duke tonight.

Let me tell you: The funk is here.

Needed to get away from the board for 10 minutes though... been going non-stop since 6, after the same thing last night. I'm totally fried already... and we still have a couple hours of rehearsal/ soundcheck/ run-through left to go tonight, and doing the show for real tomorrow night.

The overall consensus is that the new system sounds amazing.

Oh well... back to work, I guess.

First I have to see if anybody has any snacks, though. It's been a long time since I ate lunch at 3.

i work 10-7 tomorrow.....today, did less than 1,000 prints on all the machines combined. not good since that means tomorrow everybody will try to get in their rolls of film and large print orders. thankfully, i do not close or open. it will just be annoying.

oh yeah, i got bitched at by a customer cause i was counting her pictures and apparently i was getting my finger prints on them. on stain resistant and waterproof prints at that. pissed me off, it's like the 3rd customer since i've worked there that has bitched about us not using gloves to handle the pictures. i should've took the pictures over to the sink and washed them, then got out my forensics equipment to prove that the fingerprints can easily be washed off. what's next, being forced to wear a hairnet so my imaginary hair doesn't fall into the picture?

Archived