Home

The XWA One Year Thread III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Ikhnaton

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

boring day at work. just boring. well, aside from one bit of excitement, a customer demanded to see a manager because her pictures could not be found. someone told her they would be there friday...that someone didn't pay attention to the time the lady had the pictures sent out. after 2pm=they go out the following day. i explained it to her, but she wouldn't take it from me, and she didn't have her claims ticket...that's about as exciting as my job gets, well..tomorrow and monday should be great, got some corporate peoples coming in. :rolleyes:

damn, that's alot of money for a weekend's worth of work....
Really?

Huh... that's just for the one day. I'm getting an additional $400 (give/take, depending on O.T.) fee for tomorrow's shift too...

I've earned a lot more than that for a day's work, though...

Do you just wear the vest over the suit, then? :confused:
No... but I really wish I could.

Actually... I could probably live with a shirt and tie, and maybe even the sports coat,.. IF I could get away with jeans underneath. edlib just doesn't roll in slacks (or even Dockers...)

Daily Recap:

Oh, sucky day...

(And that's pretty much it. Sums it up nicely.)

If I'm lucky, I'll fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

If I'm really lucky, I'll die in my sleep overnight so I'll never have to face a day like this one again.

Well... good night, chaps.

Wish me luck. Lotsa luck...

:)

You need to get yerself some skillz and move on up in the world, son.

Trust me: There are days I feel insanely overpaid for what I do... and then there are days like yesterday, where I feel like I'm not earning nearly a fraction of what I should be.

So I guess it all evens out. (Though if it evened out better in my favor, I certainly wouldn't be disappointed...)

well that girl i've been trying to contact via myspace has read my 2 messages. no respond, and friend request is still pending. damn. :(

but, at least she read them. *shrug*

going to work today..1-9. fun. :rolleyes: i might download the new maps and stuff of GRAW 2 when i get home. It is a damn shame that Turok's multiplayer thing sucks. Glad i bought it for the single player stuff.

I took 2 tylenol to help with toothaches i've been getting. hopefully i have a decent day at work today.

thinking about how much other people make and comparing it to what you make is nothing more then a pissing contest. It is your life and what you do with it. But seriously, there isn't much opportunity to make real decent money without getting a good collage degree. In fact, because of the current corporate mentality they don't want to train, or apprentice anyone, they want people with pieces of paper to jump into jobs and save them

That's 'cuz it's our taxes paying you in the first place. :dozey:

To re-tax it would just be weird... (though not outside the realm of possibility.)

Work was weird today. Everything was weird today.

But it will have to wait for morning to elaborate.

Gotta get up early for trash... and I think I'm starting to get sick, so I better catch all the rest I can.

I am part of a deep freeze right now. We are getting an artic blast that is going to follow up with some more snow. Looks like we are going to break our record for snowfall this season.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI

941 PM CST SUN FEB 10 2008

...BITTERLY COLD ARCTIC AIRMASS TO CONTINUE...

.LOW PRESSURE WILL CONTINUE TO DRIFT FARTHER EAST AWAY FROM

WISCONSIN HAS HIGH PRESSURE OVER THE CENTRAL PLAINS TRACKS INTO

THE REGION. THIS HAS ALLOWED WINDS ACROSS SOUTH CENTRAL WISCONSIN

TO DIMINISH TO LESS THAN 10 MPH. WHILE WINDS IN THE SOUTHEAST WILL

SEE THOSE WINDS DIMINISH LATER ON TONIGHT.

-8 degrees F tonight. Sure wish I had a special someone of the opposite sex to keep me warm in bed

lol, get a dog. :p

it's freezing here as well. 3 degrees.

got some GRAW 2 time in...controls are a bit tough getting used to after playing Call of Duty 4 and Turok. I killed some people with my M468 on shoreline though, though our team lost, i came in second place. I'm going through some of the quick missions on the easy difficulty for some achievement points. I LOVE the explosions in GRAW 2.

workin 10-6 tomorrow. after that i'll probably be playing video games or chill out at my parents' for a while and get caught up on 24 season 3.

I NEED to decrypt that email in Double Agent tomorrow. Think I'll look at a guide and see how it's done. it's like a freakin rubik's cube, except with numbers instead of colors. -_-

i play way too much video games....

I am sick. Goddammit.

I might call in to work to see if someone else can mix the show tonight and try to rest up today and blow this thing out in 24 hours.

Crap. I thought I might actually get by this season without actually getting ill. But then, spending all day Saturday in a place where every surface I was coming into contact with had only been touched by 4 or 5 thousand people before me, and those people mostly schoolkids... and after short sleep and high stress... I'm somewhat not surprised.

After I do trash this am, I think I'll get in touch with my boss and just head right back to bed.

Can't afford to get sick now... blah.

-8 degrees F tonight. Sure wish I had a special someone of the opposite sex to keep me warm in bed

That's a pretty common daily high where I live... We've had week-long cold snaps this year that hit -30F.

I remember one night a couple of years ago my band got together and jammed in a small unheated building in -50F... Between body heat and 3 tube amps it started to warm up a little, but it was still friggin' cold. I had a full set of thermal underwear, a long-sleeve t-shirt, a hoodie, and a winter coat on.

bassjamfb.jpg

Cold here too... but someone is covering my shift tonight, so I'm not going out if I don't have to.

Got some more sleep, and I feel a tiny bit better. Nowhere near 100% yet though. Not even near 50% yet... but much better than I did at 5 am this morning when I first woke up.

Gonna have a little tea w/ honey, and maybe a cup of broth... and then see if I can't sleep some more.

Archived