Home

Revan's Flowing Cape & Belt (K1 & TSL)

[align=center]Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt FAQ[/align]

Q:Can I use Revan's Flowing Cape and Belt in my mod so that it will be compatible?

A:That's not necessary, since I am only altering the model, and nothing else. It will work with all the previous and future mods that use the Revan appearance, so you can put this mod down as a requirement.

Q:When will this be done, or is it already done?

A:It's not done, and it'll be done :wid:. The TSL version will come much later than the KotOR version, so be prepared for that.

Q:Are you going to fix <INSERT_CHARACTER_WHOSE_ANIMATIONS_YOU_WANT_FIXED>?

A:I doubt it. If it's missing animations entirely, there's not much I can do short of animate every singe frame of it, which takes a really long time (18,000 frames in KotOR, 24,000 frames in TSL). The reason that this is faster is because I only have to animate 2 parts, not the whole model.

Q:What game is this going to be for?

A:KotOR and TSL. The first release will be for K1, and since I have to manually animate every frame, I can't just take what I've done in K1 and put it in TSL. I have to start from scratch all over again... :(

Anyway, please read this FAQ before posting!

Due to recent findings by settoken, he and I, (well, really more of him and not so much me) have discovered how to make a Revan model with a flowing cape. Not with the cape whacked off, but a cloth one like in TSL. What's going to take the most time is the animating. I have to animate 12000 frames, but I estimate that it'll take about one week. I will release it first for KotOR, and then for TSL. I will post screenshots from animations frequently over the next couple of days, and in-game screenshots soon also. It's been a long time coming, so I've got to make this good.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Due to recent findings by settoken, he and I, (well, really more of him and not so much me) have discovered how to make a Revan model with a flowing cape. Not with the cape whacked off, but a cloth one like in TSL. What's going to take the most time is the animating. I have to animate 12000 frames, but I estimate that it'll take about one week. I will release it first for KotOR, and then for TSL. I will post screenshots from animations frequently over the next couple of days, and in-game screenshots soon also. It's been a long time coming, so I've got to make this good.

Great news :) I as ever look foward to seeing your handywork.

On a side note; does this eman there is a chance of creating Robes similar to the ones found in TSL in KotOR?

'Looks at screen and dies from happiness'

This is awesome SS! People have been wondering how to do this for years. Both you and Settoken deserve "people who fulfill other's dreams award!"

(I meant that in a good way :))

I'm not sure of all that you can do so let me know if I'm asking too much, but I do have a few suggestions "if" you can do it that will also make people happy.

1. Animated the hood, especially the unmasked versions to prevent clipping with the head.

2. The unmasked female Revan is as tall as the male Revan model. Shrink that model a bit.

Right now, I'm working on just the Revan model with the hood and mask, so that I don't have to deal with the head and the hood yet. I'm not 100% sure that this is going to work, but I'm at least 70% sure that it will. If it does, I may do an all nighter and get finished sooner out of excitement.

I may do an all nighter and get finished sooner out of excitement.
Do yourself a favor. Never rush a mod. Your fame for doing this will be just as great no matter how long it takes.

Notice I never do WIP threads? I don't like the idea of people pressuring me on time. Expectations happen when you do WIP threads. You just granted the community excitement before it's even out. You even said you're still not sure if this will work. What nobody knows won't hurt them, but then when it's out, they're just grateful it's out.

It's not a bad thing to do WIP thread; just make sure you still take the proper time to do it and never let someone rush you. Like if you complete the cape, but decide not to do the hood because you want to get it out because anxious people want it so bad. Heck, even authors get excited to get something out very soon because they want to reep the rewards and possible fame they'll get from what they do. You'll be more satisfied with the results if you don't feel rushed by either yourself or other users.

The only time I did a WIP thread was to do a poll on saber blade colors to see which ones would be the primary ones and which ones were going to be the alternates.

Alright, I've got it. I'm going to take Shem's advice and get some sleep. It's 12:35 AM where I live right now, so I'm going to have a peek at Revan and then go to sleep. The plan is to do the Walking animation tomorrow, and then test it out for bugs. I'll also post screenshots of whatever happens.

SS out.

Do yourself a favor. Never rush a mod.

... just make sure you still take the proper time to do it and never let someone rush you.

Amen to that!

SS, I have every confidence in your ability to do a great job, so feel free to take the time that you need. I know that a lot of people say "I can't wait for a mod", but an animated Revan's cape will definately be worth any wait.

Thanks very much for the support, guys. I withdrawl my statement that this mod will be done within a week. It'll take more time if I am careful and animate it properly. I have animated the running animation, and I'll soon test it out. If it works, and it better..., I'll post several screenshots.

Thanks very much for the support, guys. I withdrawl my statement that this mod will be done within a week. It'll take more time if I am careful and animate it properly. I have animated the running animation, and I'll soon test it out. If it works, and it better..., I'll post several screenshots.
I'm really glad to hear that. Keep up the good work! :D

GOOD NEWS! IT WORKS! It didn't exactly work the way I wanted it to, and I had to resort to an alternate method, but Revan can run and his cape flaps in the wind. His belt does too, sort of... There are quite a few problems which will have to be hammered out, but I think I'm going to be able to get it done. Here is Revan on Tatooine, running across the desert, with his cape just a flappin'!

revan_works.jpg

I'm not sure if the flex will work in KotOR, but I'll give it a try on the belt, the hood, and on the last segment of the cape.

It will...the hair of the females are using it and it's far more simple than animating it.

But do it your way the important thing is that we'll finally get it :D

We've got a few problems first, though. The cape position is moved up a bit, and the belt doesn't seem to animate correctly. I may have to clip the flap on the belt off, and only animate the cape, but I would really like to keep the belt. I'm going to try to add the cape to all three female supermodels, and see if that will work as well.

Archived