Home

Revan's Flowing Cape & Belt (K1 & TSL)

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks very much Doc, and everyone else that's posted. I can't speak for Settoken, but I'm pretty proud. It may not take as long as I originally predicted. A lot of the frames are just standing there/talking, which should be a breeze. But, I'm still going to take my time on all of it and not rush this mod. I will post more screenshots later on today, and I am having one problem. When I stop running, the cape does weird stuff, as does the belt. I will try to work this out to the best of my ability, but if anyone knows why, I'd appreciate info.

1) Brilliant mod! Do you think Settoken should become one of the

[cross]Triumvirate of The Lords of The Third Dimension?[/cross]

Quadumvirate of The Lords of The Forth Dimention?

Does he deserve it?

What does this have to do with time? :confused:

Oh and it's

[strike](text here)[/strike]

1) Brilliant mod! Do you think Settoken should become one of the

Triumvirate of The Lords of The Third Dimension?

Quadumvirate of The Lords of The Forth Dimention?

Does he deserve it?

I'm not sure. A Lord of The Third Dimension (There are only three dimensions) usually implies an area modeler. But settoken is definitely an excellent modeler, and it's Quanon's call, since he started the group. I'd say that settoken deserves it, yes. But, I think it's a rule not to discuss important stuff with folks that have less than 250 post. :xp:

Problem solved! The one I was having where the cape and belt were doing weird things when I stopped is fixed. What was happening was when the model reached an animation that I hadn't animated, it was leaving them in their current position, a very ugly effect. But when I get done with the model, it should be all sorted out. I've done about 800 frames of animation so far, about 500 of it was pauses... But anyway, the works going well, and I forsee no problems. I said I'd have more screenshots, so I'm going to post one now. I call it, 'Stealth Revan,' which is where Revan is um.... stealthy.

revan_stealth.jpg

When I get to the combat animations, I'm going to put a few custom ones in there too, like the custscene where Bastila 'fights' Revan, and Revan holds his saber in one hand at shoulder level pointed at her. I might also do a custom one for the Force Jump. But combat animations are pretty hard, due to the fact that if your saber/sword is in the wrong position, there's thin air between yours and your opponents, which is a weird effect.

What about time? :xp:

Anyway, Great job, sithspecter. I'm glad you got that problem fixed. :)

Hmmm, I just can't seem to find that axis in Max. There's only x, y, and z. How strange... :xp: Oh wait, maybe that's animation...

Yeah, I'm glad I got it fixed as well. If I didn't fix it, it would've looked worse than before I started.

The mod is not MY work, it's all from the Specta

I'm just some kind of consultant on the project, but I'm very proud of how quick he is managing it all.

And I think that it's just a beginning...

PS: I ain't no area modder, I have released nothing so I'm no lord of 3D or 4D at all

Just think of all the possibilities that tis mod will unlock! i mean just think of all the cool reskins that would now look even cooler with the MOVING/FLOWING CAPE! I was wondering though do you think you could add combat animations with this new breakthrough?

Keep up the sweet, awsome, super-cool, amazing work!

Just think of all the possibilities that tis mod will unlock! i mean just think of all the cool reskins that would now look even cooler with the MOVING/FLOWING CAPE! I was wondering though do you think you could add combat animations with this new breakthrough?

Keep up the sweet, awsome, super-cool, amazing work!

Not only could we do reskins, but we can also do new models with capes, I think. Right now, I'm only doing the Revan model with the mask, and I have made it a full-body model that doesn't use any of the default animations. To do a complete model would require editing all the supermodels with the anims, but since I have discovered that I can just load the animations into the models, I think it's probably very possible. Also possible is the creation of totally new creatures, and all kinds of other things...

This is looking amazing ss, and the cutscene anims you're working on trying to bring in is also an excellent idea, can wait however long it takes, very anxious though.

Thanks for the compliments on the cutscene animations.

{snip}

When I get to the combat animations, I'm going to put a few custom ones in there too, like the custscene where Bastila 'fights' Revan, and Revan holds his saber in one hand at shoulder level pointed at her.

{snip}

The whole flourish animation?

You are my hero. :thumbsup:

Great job SS and you to Settokon.

You're more then wellcome in our little group.

If IIRC, the fourth dimension is time and isn't animation all about keyframes and the correct timing :)

Plus you just made it possible for us to create new creatures, NPC badguys, jolly babes and whatnot that can move and do.

I've been going through my ideas what to model next a nasty critter or full new body model to play with. :p

You and SS will have to fill me and DOC in on how you these kind of cool stuff.

I guess we can do some "cool" "awesome" stuff this summer.

Now where's that sketch of my evil sith lord :p

Oh man...if this would be compatible with the BoS mods, it would rock about as hard as Guns and Roses back in their good days!

Keep it up! Sheer awesomeness! :D

@ Shem:

Thanks for explaining! :)

My knowledge of modding stopped at a basic Oblivion dungeon, so I had no idea.

Oh man...if this would be compatible with the BoS mods, it would rock about as hard as Guns and Roses back in their good days!
Of course they would. If you think about it caredully you will realize that this is just Darth Revan model replacements that won't interfere with Silveredge9's hit mod. They'll just replace the Darth Revan models that you see in his mod. ;)

Is there any chance that once this is completed you would be willing to create a tutorial giving the method...or some way that can teach me and others how to do this...this would seriously come in handy for my Final Fantasy VII Kotor 1 Mod...especially if new creatures and body models can be made.

Archived