Home

Revan's Flowing Cape & Belt (K1 & TSL)

Wow, this thread is a beast! Almost more than I can keep up with during my sneaky-forum-checking-whilst-should-be-working-peeks!

SS, you make me want to learn modelling and animating =/ badly.

In fact! This stuff is so inspirational that I probably shouldn’t read anymore until I’ve finished what I started or it’ll never get done :p

I wish I could help you in some way, but failing that I’m just going to stand here and cheer. Go you!

Paper – AKA “SS Groupie #5”

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging by the thickness and texture of Revan's cape, I'd judge that it was made of a little heavier material than Vader's cape. But, I'll still try to make it a bit more fluid. I'll also watch the cutscenes where Revan has his cape.

@Paper: Nooo! You've got to finish your mod before you start tampering in the modeling world. Once you go down this path, you cannot go back! :xp: I want the Carth Rescue Mod!

Thank you very much for the feedback and constructive criticism. I'll be sure to take a deeper look into how the cape should really flow.

You are welcome. :) Good work should allways be criticised constructive so that you can look at a specific matter from other views. It is also important for the worker to get the feedback he or she deserves and you deserve the best. ;)

@redrob41: You are right, but every kind of material has to follow the physics, even in Star Wars. I don't think that a strange or unrealistic way of animation is needed but that you see a (slight) reaction of the material during a movement that is created by a movement. :)

Best regards

Joris

Ah this is looking awsome, keep up the good work!

I have a few questions though:

-Will this be compatible with Darth Revan's Robes? (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Darth_Revans_Robes;64116)

And

Darth Revan Cutscene Force Power Fix (1.02) (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Darth_Revan_Cutscene_Force_Power_Fix;85317) ?

-Will this require a new game?

Thanks in advance!

It will be compatible with all the mods that do not alter Darth Revan's model. I don't know about compatibility with KristyKristic's mod, but this mod should fix the cutscene and camera issues.

-Will this require a new game?

No.

Good work should allways be criticised constructive so that you can look at a specific matter from other views. It is also important for the worker to get the feedback he or she deserves and you deserve the best. ;)

Amen to that.

@redrob41: You are right, but every kind of material has to follow the physics, even in Star Wars. I don't think that a strange or unrealistic way of animation is needed but that you see a (slight) reaction of the material during a movement that is created by a movement. :)

I agree, I just think that going too far and making the material too lively would be just as unrealistic as not reactive enough. It's a difficult thing to find that balance that looks right. I think you're absolutely correct that it should be a slight reaction.

SS, I don't envy your position of having to be the one to find that balance, especially with all the animations that have to be done. Like Papership, I'll cheer you on :emodanc:, 'cause you're doing pretty good so far.

Well, it gets a bit easier. There are basically only five animations where I have to do it a whole lot. Walking, running, stealth, injured run, injured walk. At this point, I'm at the tedious talking and utility animations. What I'm looking forward to is the combat animations, but half of those are gun animations, and I still have to do them on the slight chance that someone wants to have Revan with a gun...

I agree with the others, I always imagined a heavy flourish to Revan's cape. This is an awesome mod btw. I can't think of a comparable material, but I saw it as the kinda cape that you don't give to a girl... (Due to its weight, and it holding water well.) Regardless, good work.

Ack, thats right, I forgot the deflection animation coincides with the blaster bolts. That could prove extremely difficult and probably require extensive testing.

Maybe a nice project a few months down the line for someone who really wants to get in depth with it all though :)

Just saw the bit with Revan and a Gun... Heck yeah!

I almost always give Revan an Uzi when I have Svosh's Uzi's installed, it just looks cool.... for about five seconds.

But, just for the sake of completion, make sure you have the Gun animations, after all we don't want any incomplete animations due to "Oh, the players won't want that!"

Just my two cents...

!!! Wait, did I say an Uzi... I meant two Uzi's!

OH.......MY.......GOD............

(P.S. I'm an avid agnostic, so me saying that should be a hint as to how extremely in love i am right now)

Sithspecter and settoken, you two have made my day. I think I'm going to faint now.

Is there any way you could post this in a mod on kotorfiles ?

I am actually close to wetting myself.

I AGREE.

I LOVE YOU BOTH!!!

Oh, and I just had an idea, if its at all possible for you to do, without adding a lot of pressure on. So when you were talking about that flourish from the cutscene, would it be possible to add a little saber flip to end it, instead of having revan just lower his saber into his normal stance? Like, kinda twirl it a little at the end? It was something that always bugged me in Jedi Academy, how the flourishes just ended abruptly.

Other then that, you're doing amazing work. Thank YOU!!!!

Is there any way you could post this in a mod on kotorfiles ?

Well, if we were to put it on KotOR files right now, we'd be missing half of the melee combat animations, and the cape wouldn't move in most of the animations. If this was finished, it'd already be on KotOR files. It's going to be at least another week or two before it gets done.

Ok, I had a little setback yesterday, after I had discovered that a lot of the combat animations were missing from the model. I spent quite a bit of the afternoon trying to figure out which ones I was missing and get them into the model. But, today I have successfully imported all of the combat animations. Unfortunately, two of the animations are slightly messed up, and I will have to fix them. But, instead of animating 12,000 frames, I'm going to have to animate 18,000 frames. :( But don't worry, I'm not going to leave any of them out to save on time and work. I still have a bunch of the utility and force power animations to do, then I'll work on the gun animations, and then I'll get to the sword/saber animations.

Have you considered passing some of the workload to another modeler? For example, passing the saber combat to one, deflections to another, "utility" as you put it to another, etc etc?

Not that you are in any way incapable of doing it yourself, but to ease your workload (and our wait time XD)... Ya know...

I can't wait for this to be done. I just replayed KotOR for the first time in at least a year, and went DS... I wore Revan's robes pretty much the entire game and this drove me crazy.

Archived