Home

Revan's Flowing Cape & Belt (K1 & TSL)

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me get done with Revan first... Pretty soon you'll all be wanting me to do HK-47, Malak, Jawas, Yoda, [~Snip] 5 pages of models that are missing animations and new models that are from the Original Trilogy[~Snip] , a TaunTaun, and Darth Vader. That's just too much for one person! :p

:rofl:TaunTaun :rofl:

well, if anyone could put out a tutorial, I'd pitch in and do a few. I've got the patience, but I lack the knowledge for animating. I'm sure there are others who'd want to help, so people could pick one or two models, and in a short time all 5 pages would be done ;).

In the meantime SS, you're doing a fine job.

We could do a test with Cube man !

A model made just out of some boxes, linked to the bones and see what happens in the game.

If that doesn't turn out great, then we haven't wasted time on creating a good looking model and hours on how it should move...

If you could write up some instuctions to follow SS, I would start doing some tests now and then, see what goes and all :)

We could do a test with Cube man !

A model made just out of some boxes, linked to the bones and see what happens in the game.

The problem lies in the skin modifier. I'm fairly certain that the skin won't export from MDLOps without the original model files. But anyway, ATM I'm a bit busy to work on a tutorial, but if I don't you all will kill me... :xp:

Alright. I'll do that. But, I don't think that creating and animating completely new creatures is possible, becuase MDLOps has to have the original .mdl and .mdx to write the file, but I could be wrong about that. We'll just have to see.

But anyway, ATM I'm a bit busy to work on a tutorial, but if I don't you all will kill me... :xp:

No, we're not gonna kill you. By all means, finish animating the Revan model first before doing a turorial. I just meant that there are a lot of people that want to ask you to do "~5 pages of models that are missing animations and new models that are from the Original Trilogy~", but when the time comes, those people (myself included) can pick something to do for themselves. I just thought that the crack about the TuanTuan was hilariously ridiculous (who'd want to actually do all that work?). Since I'm into playable aliens, I'd like to eventually take a crack at animating some existing models. Like I said, I'm a patient man.

Perhaps you could record some of the process of animating Revan's cape, and do a quick video tutorial? Or would that take longer than a written tut?

I don't have fast enough internet to upload videos, but I might could work on a really quick tutorial that will get you started, no pics, just text.

If you are releasing a tutorial, you might want to word it simply. Some people have trouble with them. Unless, that is, you're just releasing it to redrob, in which I withdraw my suggestion.

I don't have fast enough internet to upload videos, but I might could work on a really quick tutorial that will get you started, no pics, just text.

My heart goes out to you, and all 56k'ers. I know your pain.

Presumably, giving people the right idea would be enough to get the ball rolling. Once that happens, then maybe some kind person with a fast interweb connection will be able to upload a tutorial.

Or, for people like myself, who live in the middle of a canyon, there is Hughes Net with it RETARD "FAIR ACCESS POLICY"

Read it here:

http://www.hughes.com/HUGHES/Rooms/DisplayPages/LayoutInitial?pageid=fairaccess&Container=com.webridge.entity.Entity[OID[bD8BE0839F414B4FB7CDDCA10EFA5369]]

: /

On topic though,

You might not want to give HK melee animations, because then you would be forced to do it for K2, and you would have to do miles of code to allow him to use Melee weapons.

You might not want to give HK melee animations, because then you would be forced to do it for K2, and you would have to do miles of code to allow him to use Melee weapons.

I agree, that's a lot of work. Besides, don't most prefer to see HK-47 with a fearsome blaster rifle? I'd never even thought of giving HK-47 a sword lol.

When I bought HK-47, not only did I expect him to be able to wield melee weapons, I expected him to carry lightsabers with proficiency.

Anyway, back on topic.

I have just reached the combat animations. The first ones are the stun stick, and I will begin working on them soon. The combat animations are often a lot easier and fun to do than the dialog or miscellaneous animations, so the project should continue at a faster pace. I am still sticking to my Mid-July release claim, so you can expect it then. It will either take a lot longer or take a lot less time to do the TSL version, depending on how I have to do it. If it works out, I'll be able to import the cape animations from the TSL supermodels to make it work. If it doesn't, it's start from square one all over again.

When I bought HK-47, not only did I expect him to be able to wield melee weapons, I expected him to carry lightsabers with proficiency.

Well I guess that's just me then haha.

Nice find Darth Saruman it really does look ridiculous when Revan bends over and he's got a cape so stiff your other party members could pull up a stool and get some drinks:xp:

Another thing you should test is when you unlock things below you...On my Revan mod when you unlock footlockers you bend down and your cape is sticking strait up in the air looks really stupid...

I have to do every animation manually, so I've already covered that. Like I said before, I just finished all of the utility animations, and that includes picking up and setting mines, opening containers, unlocking doors, equipping armbands, using medpacks, .etc.

Archived