Home

McCain Vs. Obama.

HdVaderII

BO hasn't alienated the athiest vote b/c most of them realize he has to run center right in a general election if he hopes to get elected.

I'm an atheist, I don't feel alienated...I mean, especially since I realize what he's doing. If I didn't understand it at all, sure, but I do and it makes good sense. Besides, Atheists make up what, 10% of the population? We're not talking about a group the size of the Religious Right here.

Also: McCain picked: Sarah Palin...and to be honest, I dunno where he's going with that.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also: McCain picked: Sarah Palin...and to be honest, I dunno where he's going with that.

Not sure, but her resume and accomplishments sound more fit for the executive branch than either Barak or Biden. Maybe he'll snag some votes from women who resent BO's veep choice. We'll just have to wait and see. Maybe she'll end up the Rep Geraldine Ferarro. Only remaining question is what kind of skeletons are in her closet (couldn't be wrose than Wright or Ayers).

Re your sig......you are probably in a very small group of people...those w/an affinity for Juhani. Well.....no one's perfect. ;)

Not sure, but her resume and accomplishments sound more fit for the executive branch than either Barak or Biden.

You may want to check the resume of Biden again. While he may not be your choice, but I find it really difficult to doubt his resume. As to Obama, he has the same/more experience in National Politics than 3 of the past 4 Presidents. (and he will help fight gingivitis) .

Sitting in the Senate for 30+ years doesn't really qualify one for the executive branch, or there'd probably be a lot more senators becoming president. Biden may be eminently qualified to sit on a Senate committe, but that's about it. BO's 160+ "present" votes in IL and his marxist street organizer experience in Chicago politics are hardly inspiring. His Senatorial exp has been lackluster, to be kind.

Sitting in the Senate for 30+ years doesn't really qualify one for the executive branch, or there'd probably be a lot more senators becoming president.
So does that mean John McCain does not have the experience for the executive branch, or is that only a Democratic handicap? :roleyess:

So does that mean John McCain does not have the experience for the executive branch, or is that only a Democratic handicap? :roleyess:

I'm gonna go ahead and quote this for emphasis, because all the excuses I see being used against the Democratic party can easily be used with the Republican party.

I love how McCain chose a woman to be his Vice President.

Yeah, he's not just trying to appeal to Hilary supporters or anything. ;)

Quote for truth. I haven't seen many pictures of her, so I'm not sure if she's decent looking or not. :xp:

However, Palin seems like a single-minded attempt to siphon off woman voters from Hillary's fan-base. Personally, I think it's a rather bad choice, but I guess it's up to the people in November. :giveup:

I haven't seen many pictures of her, so I'm not sure if she's decent looking or not. :xp:[/Quote] palin-miss-alaska-b.jpg

I'd set in a class room listening to her teach me about creationism and anti-women’s rights. I don’t know how much she will help with the women’s vote, but she will do wonders for the horndog vote.

Now, if we wanted to see hawt women while running, we all would be voting for Kusinich(sp), 'cause his wife is smokin'.
:lol:

As for her record? I don't see it doing anything to help McCain.
Depends on what you mean by that. There's some stuff that will help him with the Republican base, but that's about it.

I, personally, think that he made a horrible mistake and I'm really hoping that it blows up in his face.

:lol:

Depends on what you mean by that. There's some stuff that will help him with the Republican base, but that's about it.

I, personally, think that he made a horrible mistake and I'm really hoping that it blows up in his face.

All I really saw that she had going for her was stuff McCain was already doing, no abortions, no gay marriage, drilling for more oil, ect... I mean, Biden has stuff Obama doesn't, but this lady? All she's got is more years to live.

There are other, hawter pics of her on the interwebs.
Yea, but Jae may have something to say if I were to go too much hawter. :xp:

It is probably my bias, but I’m not impressed with her resume and definitely not with her on the issues I consider important.

All she's got is more years to live.
And hair.

I don’t like that the candidates are getting closer to me in age, Palin is only about 9 months older than me.

All I really saw that she had going for her was stuff McCain was already doing, no abortions, no gay marriage, drilling for more oil, ect... I mean, Biden has stuff Obama doesn't, but this lady? All she's got is more years to live.
She has legitimacy. Many people fear that McCain's positions are pandering and nothing more (on some issues due to his record).

Selecting a bona fide hater gives him more cred with the hater vote.

It is probably my bias, but I’m not impressed with her resume and definitely not with her on the issues I consider important.
I concur.

I have a proposal for how she and I can settle our difference in viewpoint which I will submit to her via a personal letter. *happy thoughts*

And hair.
And glasses :)

I don’t like that the candidates are getting closer to me in age, Palin is only about 9 months older than me.
Err...you do know you're getting older, right? :xp:

No, just these guys. Her husband is a longtime BP worker and she's the Governor of Alaska. Huge oil ties there.
QFT.

Anyway, something I thought was interesting and worth a look at by people.
Hehe, nice find! I think McCain's reputation as a womanizer is going to come back and bite him on this one. I don't think Obama will bring it up, but then again, I also don't think he'll need to.

Yep, my father can't see past his religious objections to abortion and gay marriage. I talked to my father about it tonight... Basically it's as follows:

Me: "Sounds like Mccain picked some random governor from Alaska named Sarah Palin.... Sarah sounds extremely inexperienced for a VP. The biggest reason he picked her was to appeal to Hilary supporters. Obviously, Mccain is a bad decision maker, as Sarah is not very well suited to be in a position as high as VP. But Barack's plans are clearly better than Mccain's. I have to say that Barack is the lesser of the two evils. He's got a pretty good economy plan. Mccain doesn't offer anything better than the last eight years. Frankly, right now, I think Bush did a really bad job, and the whole Iraq War is a lost cause."

My Father: "I just don't understand why he didn't pick Romney... Still, I can't vote for Barack... My beleifs just aren't the same as his. His beleifs are really messed up. I guess my only choice is to vote for Mccain."

Me (Backing off): "Or you could just not vote at all... But yeah, I guess you're right."

Yep, this same exact debate has been had about a dozen times before between me and him... same outcoem every time... I have to back off to avoid being deemed as 'unchristian' about the moral issues.

Edit; But Meh, what's one more democratic vote in a conservative state? It wouldn't make any difference... I should probably just leave it alone, since I obviosuly won't have any effect on the election, living in a conservative state. Oh well. I hope all you voting Dems' come through and get Barack elected! ;)

Well, since we're talking about Palin's hawtness, let's go ahead and bring up the fact that Obama has the cutest tight little ass of any of the candidates. :roleyess:

What does Palin have? A female gender, which Obama's ticket pointedly does not have now. She supports ANWAR drilling (no surprise--oil revenue for her state), is pro-life, conservative, an NRA member who goes hunting regularly, conservationist without being viewed as ultra-flakey environmentalist (not to be confused with sane environmentalists), and did I mention FEMALE? She's going to appeal to the far right wing of the party with her conservative views, and draw some of the moderate female vote that had gone to Clinton but aren't convinced to vote for Obama. How much of an impact Palin has on the ticket is too early to tell right now, however.

Arcesious--the argument about experience would not be a wise one for the Obama campaign to bring up--he has 4 years' experience as a Senator, which is not a whole lot when you're looking at McCain's 22 years. In an executive capacity, Palin has 8 years as mayor and 2 as governor--that's 10 more than Obama has, though on a national level he has her beat hands down. They would be wise to leave foreign policy arguments alone too--with 2 1/2 miles separating an Alaskan island from a Russian one in the Bering Strait, I'd be surprised if Palin has not taken the time to familiarize herself with Russians. There are better areas for the Obama campaign to focus on--health care, higher education, economy--all those are areas that need a lot more attention than Bush has been giving them.

They would be wise to leave foreign policy arguments alone too--with 2 1/2 miles separating an Alaskan island from a Russian one in the Bering Strait, I'd be surprised if Palin has not taken the time to familiarize herself with Russians.

Eh, distance is one thing, actually talking to people is another. I couldn't dig up anything about her related to foreign policy experience (perhaps because she has none), can someone find anything?

I'm sure her Wikipedia page has just gotten a serious increase in page views.

She has no foreign experience as far as I have found from any form of news, even local.

I'm gonna say if we talk pure experience, Obama + Biden = a hell of a lot more beneficial and meaningful experience.

Wah, so John McCain went to Vietnam. So did a lot of people, doesn't mean they can run a country. I'm sorry the guy got tortured, but what can I say, mercy voting because he's crippled just degrades everything.

Archived