Home

Soul Calibur IV to feature the Secret Apprentice

sc4_pub_ss_apprentice_yoda_002094_screen.jpg

When Star Wars icons Yoda and Darth Vader were first confirmed to appear in Soulcalibur IV, would-be Jedi the world over doubtlessly dreamed of epic lightsaber duels. Those dreams were short-lived, as Namco Bandai had made each character exclusive to a single system, forcing the foes to instead beat up on the standard Soulcalibur cast of traditional-weapon-wielding fighters (or stage their own Clone Wars with character-versus-same-character matches).

However, today Namco Bandai channeled Yoda with the announcement that "there is another." Both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of the game will feature the Secret Apprentice character from LucasArts' upcoming Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, allowing for proper lightsaber-on-lightsaber duels in a fighting game for the first time since 1997's original PlayStation game Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi.

Link

I've soooooo got SCIV pre-ordered.

I was going to buy Soul Calibur IV anyway having played the previous ones (Taki kicks ass), even before the news about Yoda and Vader, so I saw having Yoda to play with as a huge bonus. Now I get to battle with Yoda against Starkiller, I can't tell you how awesome I think this is.

^ How do we know? THe game isn't even out yet. I hated the re-editions in SSBM, and it would just be killer if the Apprentice is just a clone of another character.

EDIT: The apprentice kinda looks retarded in the pic in the first post. :lol:

Archived