Home

Wall-E...Worst movie ever...? (spoiler potential)

KinchyB

I can sum up the answer in one word..."Heck-No!" (the hyphenation counts as one word!) In fact, this is actually one of the better movies someone can see this year!

Wall-E was a very good film and far exceeded all the expectations I had. I'm curious to see what others thought of the movie and also what you took away from it...?

My favorite aspect of the movie was their interpretation of how people live their lives and what role big corporations have in our lives as well. I'll expand on this a bit later if this thread actually gets any attention. :)

Curious to see what everyone thinks!!

Thanks, KinchyB

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First Achilles' date=' then you? Time to break my self imposed cinema exile:)[/quote']

Lol! :D

Well, if you do this is definitely a movie that is worth seeing. (Or you can wait for Dark Knight to come out too...)

I haven't heard 1 negative thing about Wall-E yet...quite literally. Curious to see who didn't like it and why now that I think about it...but even the critics liked it (and I think they are full of some stuff that's not soo good!). Soo, critics and normal folks liked it...I would say that's a pretty good endorsement! :xp:

I think I was looking forward to seeing it more than the 8000 kids in the theater with me. Well, except maybe the two girls behind us that kept saying "WALLLL-EEEE" in stereo. It was so neat-sounding that it didn't seem nearly as annoying as it really was. :p

Yeah, I ended up seeing it 6 times this weekend (KinchyB only saw it once because he lacks dedication). Not sure how I'm going to survive until Friday when I can commence round 2.

FWIW though, I do this with every Pixar movie, so please consider this endorsement in context.

I don't know who''s looking forward to seeing it more--the kids or me.

lol, well I can confidently say that none of you will be disappointed when you see it!! :)

Actually, the only disappointing part of the movie experience for me was that no one came to the theater dressed up as Wall-E. I was sooo expecting to see someone chug along in a cardboard box at some point...or at least a little one for the kids. That would have been hilarious, and great, all at the same time!

Edit:

(KinchyB only saw it once because he lacks dedication).

BLAH!! Yeah, I only saw it once, but I very rarely see a movie more than once in theaters. I am considering seeing it again though if that counts for anything. :)

6 times? I'm getting worried about you :xp: Why would you watch a film 6 times?
Err...because I <3 Pixar. Also, the DVD doesn't come out for a really long time (i.e. "not tomorrow"), so I have to get my fix while I can.

btw, confirmed easter eggs:

Rex from Toy Story/Toy Story 2 on the shelf in between two bowling pins after WALL*E opens his truck.

Mike Wazowski to the left of WALL*E's head (his left, your right), right after he wakes up.

Pizza Planet truck right after the scene where EVE wakes up and sees WALL*E's 'statue' of her.

Directive A113. A113 being a reoccuring Pixar easter egg (reference to CalArts animation classroom number).

Ooo, another one: My son noticed yesterday that the cockroach's lunch box might be Andy's Woody lunchbox from Toy Story.

"Coincidental" easter eggs:

Stack of traffic cones in WALL*E's truck as reference to Cozy Cone Lodge in Cars.

"Try blue, it's the new red" advertisement bares a striking resemblance to stylized Mr. Incredible from The Incredibles' credits.

Stylied characters from Finding Nemo and A Bug's Life (both of Stanton's previous films) during end credits.

Err...because I <3 Pixar. Also, the DVD doesn't come out for a really long time (i.e. "not tomorrow"), so I have to get my fix while I can.

Fair enough, because of cinema prices here its very rare I ever go to the cinema usually wait till the DVD is out (and then a few months so it becomes cheap, and then buy it). Indianna Jones and Dark Knight, I think will be the only films I watch this summer.

I heard it got really preachy about global warming

Well, all of the earth's oceans and what not dried up, and trash was everywhere...not necessarily global warming I would say but more pollution oriented. Global warming would technically cause an ice Age to occur if I'm thinking correctly so I'm not sure I would realate global warming to the scenario presented in Wall-E. Thoughts anyone?

Thoughts anyone?[/QUOTe] I suppose it could be argued either way.

I thought it kinda hit all the bases. The defunct wind farms and abandoned nuclear power stations at the beginning as a commentary on energy policy. The dried up oceans as commentary on natural resource management. The sudden powerful storms as commentary on the effects of global climate change. Etc, etc.

I don't know if I would consider these things a "preachy" so much as "present". EDIT: Or what Inyri said :D

I was concerned that you were painting The Incredibles or Ratatouille with that brush. :)

To be quite sincere, I didn't like both much. I don't know, I think they forgotten to add their special touch to those movies, especially on the comedy, which used to be their strong point.

To be quite sincere, I didn't like both much. I don't know, I think they forgotten to add their special touch to those movies, especially on the comedy, which used to be their strong point.
Interesting that you would have considered either of them to be comedies. Perhaps that explains the difference of opinion.

Archived