Home

Wall-E...Worst movie ever...? (spoiler potential)

KinchyB

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something about paying to see a film laced with propaganda, whether it's from the left or the right, does not sit well with me at all.

a) One man's truth is another man's propaganda.

b) Doesn't that mean you don't watch like 75% of films ever made?

c) If a films entertaining, I'll watch it, and given the recommendation Wall-E has received here I shall watch it when it comes over to the UK (or order it via internet on DVD).

Frankly I don't think the government wants us worrying about pollution, because it means they might have to spend money cleaning things up if we start to care. :)

Pollution...? What pollution?! There is no such thing as pollution! In fact I think it's a made up word created by fanatical left wing liberals. To prove my point let's exam this word a bit more in-depth, shall we?!

Poll - A survey

U - You

Tion - Forming nouns of condition or action

So, how do we come to the conclusion that this word has anything to do with the environment, let alone a negative impact on the environment. If anything is the action of going out and surveying the people (you).

In conclusion, pollution is purely a made up word that actually has a completely different meaning and origin than what people claim. Therefore the horrific global climate depicted in Wall-E is completely unrealistic and completely improbable.

Thank you.

P.S. - Save the penguins...!

Now we don't need another debate over Global warming and pollution... However, my parents care so little about the enviroment right now (IE, completely against Global Warming idea) that I'd honestly think that they need a little propoganda... The reality is that Global Warming (Or Global Destabilization) is most likely nature cycle in the Earth's climate. It may be natural- but it is neccessarily to slow it down. We humans have built our civilization in a very vulnerable position to climate change. (IE, flooding, tempurature shifts, storms) We have slow to these effects down long enough for us to be able to fully handle and adapt to the climate and harsh weather changes. Every little bit of effort helps.

Wall-E is still a great movie.

I must say, Wall-E is one of my new favorite movies of all time...

Probably my favorite Pixar movie besides Toy Story...

I also enjoyed Wall-E more than Indy 4... and that is extremely scary, because Indiana Jones is my idol... XD

I was really excited for both films, and I dont' go to the theater very often... I went for both, and I really think I enjoyed Wall-E more, I loved Indy, but... *sigh* It's hard for me to say...... :lol:

a) One man's truth is another man's propaganda.

b) Doesn't that mean you don't watch like 75% of films ever made?

c) If a films entertaining, I'll watch it, and given the recommendation Wall-E has received here I shall watch it when it comes over to the UK (or order it via internet on DVD).

a) Propaganda has absolutely nothing to do with the truth. The truth is not relative and does not depend on the swaying of public opinion to support it. But for some reason, propaganda does. Hmm...

b) Yup. That's what it means. I don't think that I'm missing much, either.

c) Oh, I never said that I wouldn't see it; I just said that I wouldn't pay to see it. ;)

My favorite moment is when EVE is resting her head against WALL*E's and she's humming the song from Hello Dolly and it's real quiet and you can hear every female in the audience sobbing :D

I went to see Wall-E with my friend, my brother and my friends older brother... and I was sooo trying not to cry... Because, they weren't crying... and... I couldn't stop it any longer, I began sobbing... :)

I agree. I don't care if a movie has a message, if it's a good movie, I'll go see it (and pay for it). I never take the message in a movie in anyway (if I even catch the message, that is :)).

Bless you, child. That you're capable of original thought makes you a true diamond in a sea of cubic zirconium. :)

uh, thanks? I do tend to think for myself...

All this discusion though may sway me. I will invitably see it though. My godsister is freaking out about it, so chances are she'll get it and make me watch it when I visit... I'll tell you then if I enjoy it.

I went to see Wall-E with my friend, my brother and my friends older brother... and I was sooo trying not to cry... Because, they weren't crying... and... I couldn't stop it any longer, I began sobbing...

Well, at least you weren't alone in the sobbing...I'm sure you weren't the only one in the Theater tearing up. I'm kind of curious on the percentage of people who actually cried at the end of the movie.

Hehe, reminds me of when I went and saw The Notebook in theaters...I kind of laughed (outloud and made funny comments after the movie) at all the girls crying at the end and got in trouble with the gf. :xp: Hindsight...it still kind of makes me laugh...not only sobbing but a couple were actually wailing! Crazy I say!

Personally, not sure why everyone was so upset. Had pixar ended the movie with Wall-e returning to his original programming I think it would have been even better (Now that's one heck of a message). But, that's just me. I was actually slightly bummed when he went back to normal. :dozey:

Well, at least you weren't alone in the sobbing...I'm sure you weren't the only one in the Theater tearing up. I'm kind of curious on the percentage of people who actually cried at the end of the movie.
>50%?

Hehe, reminds me of when I went and saw The Notebook in theaters...I kind of laughed (outloud and made funny comments after the movie) at all the girls crying at the end and got in trouble with the gf. :xp: Hindsight...it still kind of makes me laugh...not only sobbing but a couple were actually wailing! Crazy I say!
Same thing happened to me ala DaVinci Code. Some woman found Jesus at the back of the auditorium or something. The details are still kinda fuzzy.

Personally, not sure why everyone was so upset. Had pixar ended the movie with Wall-e returning to his original programming I think it would have been even better (Now that's one heck of a message). But, that's just me. I was actually slightly bummed when he went back to normal. :dozey:
*shakes head*

You're cold, homey.

You're cold, homey.

Why?! Think about it for a second...the ultimate sacrifice to help change humanity. It's THE perfect ending! You can't not give Wall-E an award if he "dies", since he lives...questionable...but it's still a better movie (great even?) if Wall-E "dies" (quotes there since he's a robot and cant die).

The idea of the ultimate self sacrifice is something i think we honestly don't see enough of in film and in fact I think we intentionally steer away from it. It would have made the movie "darker" and the kids would have been horribly upset...but it would have been phenomenal! Maybe they can make an edited "Darker" version on DVD.... :o

Just remember' date=' you won't be loosing coolness points around her by liking it:D[/quote']

Pfft, if I cared about being cool I wouldn't be seen with you nerds. :dozey:

Aww, I keed. You're all pretty fly. Who knows, maybe I'll see WALL-E and end up being blown away by it...

Why?! Think about it for a second...the ultimate sacrifice to help change humanity. It's THE perfect ending! You can't not give Wall-E an award if he "dies", since he lives...questionable...but it's still a better movie (great even?) if Wall-E "dies" (quotes there since he's a robot and cant die).

Tell the little kids who just stopped crying over Bambi's mother dying, that Wall-E is *not* coming back....

:(

It's acutally pretty rare when I cry at the end of movies... I can list them on my fingers... (I *laughed* when Padme died, I'm sure I'm not the only one, but that's a subject for a different time...)

But Wall-E made me cry... :( I would have cried harder if he really hadn't returned to normal, in fact I probably still would be crying...

I think I laughed at Padme dying too. I KNOW I laughed when Anakin went all Frankenstein's monster. :lol:
Even funnier than "NOOOOOOOO!!!" is "YOU'LLNOTTAKEHERFROMME!!!" because the latter was so gawd-awful that it kept getting more and more hilarious every single time I heard it. The Prequels were just so pathetic.

Saw WALL*E tonight and it was very good. Not six times in one weekend good, but very good. I’ll also say the four kids I took to WALL*E loved it, the only problem I had after the movie they wanted me to drive to Best Buy to buy them the game.

Not six times in one weekend good, but very good.
Mimartin lacks dedication too :(

I've already made plans to take my niece to see it on Friday. I took her to see Ratatouille when she was in town last Summer, so hopefully this will become a tradition for her and I :)

Archived