Home

Modding is Illegal (Y/N)

Inspired(?) by TheSource(MacCorp)'s rampage in the TSLRP thread at Holowan. I wanna know your opinion: Is Modding Illegal? (I know Source's answer: YES)

I think (and know) that modding isn't illegal. As Inyri said (and the Source refused to listen to) that EULA stated the modding is ok, as long as you don't make profits off it.

(and, if a mod/admin would like to move the conversation where the Source started the "Modding is illegal, lulz" in the TSLRP topic, go ahead :))

Official LucasArts Press Release on LFN

Fans who create game modifications (mods) based upon characters and elements in titles by LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC can now post their works on the Internet at LucasFiles, which can be found at http://www.lucasfiles.com. The new site, created by Lucas Fan Network (LFN), http://www.lfnetwork.com, an independent collection of web sites dedicated to LucasArts and its games, is an exclusive and sanctioned online location offering a variety of mods inspired by LucasArts titles. The LucasFiles database also hosts unique fan produced content, levels, and an array of other media.

"LucasArts is grateful to the Lucas Fan Network, whose enthusiastic and very dedicated members have created a distinctive online destination for fans of our games to showcase and share their creations with others," says Simon Jeffery, president of LucasArts. "The fan community is incredibly important to LucasArts and this site will provide them with a variety of ways to continue to celebrate their passion for the company and its games."

If LucasArts believes it to be legal, then that's good enough for me.

Inspired(?) by TheSource(MacCorp)'s rampage in the TSLRP thread at Holowan. I wanna know your opinion: Is Modding Illegal? (I know Source's answer: YES)

I think (and know) that modding isn't illegal. As Inyri said (and the Source refused to listen to) that EULA stated the modding is ok, as long as you don't make profits off it.

(and, if a mod/admin would like to move the conversation where the Source started the "Modding is illegal, lulz" in the TSLRP topic, go ahead :))

Wrong. I think that starting this thread was not a good idea. We all (well, most of us at least) know the truth here.

Modding is about as illegal as jumping in the park.

Absolutely.

I maintain that that is the wrong kind of question, arising from a category error.

And furthermore, Project Nemesis. o_Q

Touche. :)

Official LucasArts Press Release on LFN

If LucasArts believes it to be legal, then that's good enough for me.

Agreed. Lock this thread.

_EW_

Archived