Home

Seriously.. No one is disappointed with this game??

fastfed

Ya, I finished the game yesterday, and I was pleased with it. The only thing that I was dissappointed with was not being able to choose your ending, and the end itself on the PS2 version of the game. I think that the ending was a little bit...lacking for some reason.

The Wii version has that. Did you kill vader or did you attack the Emperor? Doing one causes one ending, and doing the other causes the other ending.

I really do think that it is a fun game, and I love the acting in it.

Yes. It is very nice.

Just how you use the force powers in the game is fun!

Yeah, its giving me an exercise :p

Great game if you ask me. I am already on my second playthrough...:D

As am I. In the Wii Version (not sure about other versions), but, after you finish the game, your asked if you want to go through the game again, with all the stuff you had at the Endgame (hilts, crystals, powers, outfits). So, with my powerful Apprentice, I just breezed through the TIE level and the first trip to the temple :) (Currently trying to find the hilt on Raxus Prime)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The cut scenes are great but I don't like the interactive ones much. When I need to push buttons in a specific series to beat an opponent, I don't feel powerful. Why is it that the really cool moves can only be done in the interactive cut scenes? Why can't I get to a level of power so massive that I can lift an ATST and slam it down all by myself?"

I agree the truth is the cut scenes had all the best moves and even if thier going to be cut scenes I shouldn't have to press buttons or in the wii case which is what I have you shake controlers. The problem is I am so concerened with beating the little bastards that I miss all the cool moves because I am waiting to see what I need to do next to move on.

"The Wii version has that. Did you kill vader or did you attack the Emperor? Doing one causes one ending, and doing the other causes the other ending."

I am not sure where this choice is. There is also talk about taking down a star destroyer and how tough that is.

My star destroyer it taken down in a cut scene there is no interaction for me at all.

The ending first I beat vader, they don't ask my opinion they just throw me in to the fight. Then I have to fight the Emperor and again i don't get asked any options it just does it.

Where are thier options trees other people are getting or are they just for non Wii versions?

"The cut scenes are great but I don't like the interactive ones much. When I need to push buttons in a specific series to beat an opponent, I don't feel powerful. Why is it that the really cool moves can only be done in the interactive cut scenes? Why can't I get to a level of power so massive that I can lift an ATST and slam it down all by myself?"

I agree the truth is the cut scenes had all the best moves and even if thier going to be cut scenes I shouldn't have to press buttons or in the wii case which is what I have you shake controlers. The problem is I am so concerened with beating the little bastards that I miss all the cool moves because I am waiting to see what I need to do next to move on.

"The Wii version has that. Did you kill vader or did you attack the Emperor? Doing one causes one ending, and doing the other causes the other ending."

I am not sure where this choice is. There is also talk about taking down a star destroyer and how tough that is.

My star destroyer it taken down in a cut scene there is no interaction for me at all.

The ending first I beat vader, they don't ask my opinion they just throw me in to the fight. Then I have to fight the Emperor and again i don't get asked any options it just does it.

Where are thier options trees other people are getting or are they just for non Wii versions?

The Wii, sadly does not have these as actual levels in the game. As you experienced, they are cut scenes:(

You don't get an actual option. This is how it works on PS3, don't know if Wii is the same:

After defeating Vader and watching the cutscene, you find yourself on a catwalk. Rush for the Emperor to fight him, or jump over the barrier to fight Vader again, and go dark.

My thoughts on this matter: if you were disappointed with this game, you expected too much. Sometimes it's very easy to build something up so much in our heads that what we expect to see is downright unrealistic, and the finished product will never be satisfactory. I, however, did not expect this game to be anything spectacular apart from the innovative Force grip functionality and really fun boss battles, which is exactly what we got and more, and I am quite pleased with it. (Except for the feeling that the 360 version is a little lacking as far as extra content goes. The two-player battle mode that the last-gen consoles have would have been a nice addition.)

Desann, please don't take any offense to this, but it seems that you just really suck at this game. :( I haven't found any of the battles to be particularly grueling as I grew in the Force, did not find any of the opponents "nearly impossible" to beat, and had no trouble defeating Shaak Ti within ten to fifteen minutes. It seems you just need to learn to use the Force more effectively.

"You must unlearn what you have learned." ;)

The Wii version has that. Did you kill vader or did you attack the Emperor? Doing one causes one ending, and doing the other causes the other ending.

I don't think that I really had a choice.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Galen attack Vader the First time, then a second time. And then I think that Galen jumped in the way of Sidious's Force Lightning and the game was basically over. Just showed the cutscene with Sidious and Galen in his Sith Stalker suit.

So ya, I don't think that I really had a chose. Or at least formally...

As am I. In the Wii Version (not sure about other versions), but, after you finish the game, your asked if you want to go through the game again, with all the stuff you had at the Endgame (hilts, crystals, powers, outfits). So, with my powerful Apprentice, I just breezed through the TIE level and the first trip to the temple :) (Currently trying to find the hilt on Raxus Prime)

I know! I am doing the same thing. You really just breeze through the first levels of the game....

I don't think that I really had a choice.

Show spoiler
Galen attack Vader the First time, then a second time. And then I think that Galen jumped in the way of Sidious's Force Lightning and the game was basically over. Just showed the cutscene with Sidious and Galen in his Sith Stalker suit.

So ya, I don't think that I really had a chose. Or at least formally...

Show spoiler
Did you jump down to attack the damaged vader? Cos if so, then before you jump down, run right to verse palpy

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few complaints from my end. First of all, the game was short. Everyone knows this. Even going through on Sith Lord difficulty and collecting all of the holocrons, I still beat the game in less than 10 hours.

Secondly, the number of problems I have had with the game. Whenever I get up to the rail gun on Raxus Prime, I can pretty much guarantee that my game will freeze before getting to the Star Destroyer. Sometimes it's when I hit one of the first two nodes with lightning, other times it's right before the Star Destroyer comes out of the factory. In addition, every time I have faced Shaak Ti, I have ended up going through the ground and being unable to attack or defend myself. I've gotten lucky twice when I managed to mash a bunch of buttons just as I got hit with her ground attack.

Last little complaint here. Sith Lord difficulty was incredibly tedious. Instead of making you actually thing and use different strategies and tactics, LA basically turned the damage resistance on the enemies up. Most notably was the Bull Rancor. I finally found a good strategy to beat it, but even then, the damage I did to it on each attack was pathetic.

Overall, I'd give the game maybe a 6 out of 10. It was fun for a little while, then it just got to be the same thing over and over. It just seems to me that LA did a quick and dirty job with this and figured with DMM and Euphoria, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Secondly, the number of problems I have had with the game. Whenever I get up to the rail gun on Raxus Prime, I can pretty much guarantee that my game will freeze before getting to the Star Destroyer. Sometimes it's when I hit one of the first two nodes with lightning, other times it's right before the Star Destroyer comes out of the factory.

I've had this problem too at times. I've crashed about 5 or 6 times total so far. I've noticed that the less I use Force Lightning, the more likely it won't crash. Since I have taken that approach, it hasn't crashed yet.

You've never read anything by Kevin J. Anderson or Tom Veich, have you?

I sort of envy you.

Kevin J. Anderson was much better than new authors like Karen Travis and Troy Denning.

But like I said before, I really liked the game, aside from its shortness. I have the Wii version, and although the duel mode is repetitive, it is really fun just to start up the game and school your friend with the Force. Graphics could have been much better, but I still love all my Gamecube games, so that wasn't such a downside after the initial shock.

Its basically fable, God of War and conan with a light saber. I am a big fan of star Wars and even a bigger when it comes to the games. I was obviously expecting much more and was horribly let down.

I just don't understand how you all could be loving it this much.. Its not a jedi character at all.. The light saber should be just that, a light saber, not a sword that glows. 1 slash and it should cut the person in half, not "injure" them.

I dunno about Conan or God of War since I haven't been able to play those, but I did notice something of a Fable-esque sheen to the proceedings. I'm only in the second level, though. (First started playing the game last night!) I was briefly bothered by the lightsaber not-instakilling, but if the lightsaber DID instakill, the game would be - I think - much less fun. (Too easy, and no room for Force powers...) So far I've been very entertained, and I don't even have that many powers yet!

Archived