Home

Mission Vao as...the Exile

Ferc Kast

The best GIMP seems to be letting me do for the skin tone using Hue/Saturation:

skin_tone.png

If I made it any brighter with Hue/Saturation, the pixels would get distorted. :confused: @Chainz: Do remember how you got yours to be the correct skin tone? Is it b/c I'm using GIMP? If so, it seems that it'll never be good enough.

Now, that's looking a lot better :) Wish I could help out with GIMP - but I'm purely a Photoshop boy... Good work so far though :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't worry, I will. I just looked & found which one you meant. It actually looks much easier to reskin than my original. Since I'll be busy most of tomorrow, I'll try to get a rough draft (do skins have drafts? or is just essays that have drafts? :xp:) posted here late tommorow or mid-Saturday.

You have gotten a lot further. Then I have ever have in modding. Keep working at it. No buddy was born the perfect modder. Heck I may even try my hand at modding again.

skin_tone.png

If I made it any brighter with Hue/Saturation, the pixels would get distorted. :confused: @Chainz: Do remember how you got yours to be the correct skin tone? Is it b/c I'm using GIMP? If so, it seems that it'll never be good enough.

Why don't you import Mission's actual head texture and then edit it until it fits the model? That's what I'd do, and it looks like what ChAiNz.2da did.

Looking much better man.. kudos :D

Photoshop myself here as well.. however does GIMP have a "Levels" control? Using Levels you can define how high your whites go compared to mids-darks.. it's what I use to get the 'flare' on the forehead. That, and Photoshop allows me to create light sources as well ;)

Also, when using HSL controls, can GIMP separate which channel you adjust (Reds, Greens, Blues)? You can also use that to choke how much of a certain color field gets adjusted by HSL. It really helps in trying to get Mission's 'powder blue' skin tone. Kill the reds.. they're murdering the blue's potential.

After that, you can use just the opposite (kill blues) on her lips then lower the saturation of red on her lips to 'pink' them out. "Draw" her new lip shape with some semi-black lines to re-shape the upper lip cress and your set. :)

Mission's face is actually just like applying makeup. You can "fake" making her have a skinnier nose ridge and smaller lips just by applying the right colors and shades (having sisters AND working in TV helps since you learn alot more about makeup than you ever wanted to know.. hehehe)

Looking much better man.. kudos :D

Photoshop myself here as well.. however does GIMP have a "Levels" control? Using Levels you can define how high your whites go compared to mids-darks.. it's what I use to get the 'flare' on the forehead. That, and Photoshop allows me to create light sources as well ;)

Also, when using HSL controls, can GIMP separate which channel you adjust (Reds, Greens, Blues)? You can also use that to choke how much of a certain color field gets adjusted by HSL. It really helps in trying to get Mission's 'powder blue' skin tone. Kill the reds.. they're murdering the blue's potential.

After that, you can use just the opposite (kill blues) on her lips then lower the saturation of red on her lips to 'pink' them out. "Draw" her new lip shape with some semi-black lines to re-shape the upper lip cress and your set. :)

Mission's face is actually just like applying makeup. You can "fake" making her have a skinnier nose ridge and smaller lips just by applying the right colors and shades (having sisters AND working in TV helps since you learn alot more about makeup than you ever wanted to know.. hehehe)

"Levels" :confused: *looks* Yep; GIMP has Levels. I've never seen or used it before though. Being involved with my school's theatre program all 4 years of high school, I know more than I would like about makeup. :xp: (Plus, I have a friends of the other gender, and 7 sisters. :p) So, I definitely know too much about makeup. After I kill the reds, do I then go back to using H/S/L? Or how does

"Levels" :confused: *looks* Yep; GIMP has Levels. I've never seen or used it before though.

Not to worry.. it's pretty simple and a tool alot of people come to love (because it's simple and effective). You'll have 3 sliders generally.. Whites, Mids, Blacks. Consider them like a throttle/choke. Depending on where you set these sliders tells the program how much (how far) they're allowed to go.

http://www.fotolinq.com/freetraining/gimphistogramsandlevels.html

other GIMP tuts :D

http://www.fotolinq.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=27

After I kill the reds, do I then go back to using H/S/L? Or how does
Yeah, you can...(be sure to switch the HSL range so you're not only affecting the one color) or use whichever method is most comfortable for you to use as far as color manipulation.

It's alot easier if you make selections around what you're manipulating first rather than 'entire skin'. Otherwise you're going to really screw stuff up hehehe.

Well, I decided to start with the head tails, just to ensure I got the correct coloring for Mission.

Test 1

I couldn't tell if I was on the right track or not.

Definitely looks powder blue to me :D

Would probably tone down the saturation of blue 'just a tad' (remember, lights and reflections in the game will amplify alot), but for the most part it looks like you're right on track man. Looks good to me :thumbsup:

Ferc: That skin colour for Mission looks great, but take ChAiNz.2da's advice and tone it down just a bit. You're well on your way now!

I can only do recoulours of armours and jedi robes, so you're better than me, I couldn't have done what you did... Well maybe I could, but I'd need to figure it out first. XD

Keep it up. ;)

Well, after a bit more tweaking, I think I got the skin tone closer:

Before | After

:^: I now only have fix the eyebrows & lip coloring, and/or the highlights if I can even figure how to do them.

Looks perfect :D

The other stuff isn't so hard once you get in to a groove. However I'll tell ya one thing.. Go ahead and save exactly what you have now and make a duplicate, and stash it somewhere safe. Applying the "makeup" can get tediuos and one false save and you're going to be bouncing off the wall :lol:

Lips will be the hardest. What you'll want to do is draw out her lip line first whether it bleeds over the blue skin or not. This is going to give you your 'guideline' so as to know what part of the lips/face will become pink and what part of the lips will be camouflaged blue to blend with her face. Basically sketch them out then fill it in.. touch up where necessary.

Mission is 'pouty' (as far as TSL heads go) 'squared' lower lip. high crests upper lip.

Eyebrows are a snap since the Twin Sister obviously plucked..hehehe

Just blend the ends in a little bit so they're not as long. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
The eyebrows are done, and TriggerGod got rid of the "spots" on her lekku for me. I'm playing around with the idea of having her in Scout Clothing at the moment. So, here's my updated Mission.

Clicky

So much better, methinks. But for me, the one thing that stands out about mission is her ever-present mischievous smile. Yeah, I read the previous posts, but maybe an ever so slight up-curl of the lips would make it seem like the old mission. This one looks too serious - which is why, I think, people said that she looks much older.

And am I the only one who thinks that the lekku spots looks hotter? Ooh, maybe that can be the dark side transition rather than the vein-popping action. Along with other evil-ler effects, of course.

Definitely downloading it once it comes out.

If it's going to be a total conversion (and this DOES look like a lot of fun!):

1. Mission was illegally trained by Revan. On an LS Revan, she's still loyal to Revan, despite attempts by the Council to turn her against Revan. On a DS Revan, she was trained, but betrayed and left to die on Lehon, only to somehow escape.

2. Or, [You'll have to ask Redhawke's permission] she was trained by her cousin Arajj Vao (from Redhawke's "Mission Jedi" mod), and Arajj can be one of the Council members you have to find. (Swapping her out for Vash would be easiest)

3. Tinker a bit with the Canderous conversations. She'll know damn well who he is the instant he opens his mouth, and they likely had a passing acquaintanceship going all the way back to Lower Taris. Ditto with the T3-M4 conversations, especially when the holo is displayed.

I'm glad people are still interested in this mod. :^: But, I have this thread for all of my WIP mods now & in the future. ;)

If it's going to be a total conversion (and this DOES look like a lot of fun!):

1. Mission was illegally trained by Revan. On an LS Revan, she's still loyal to Revan, despite attempts by the Council to turn her against Revan. On a DS Revan, she was trained, but betrayed and left to die on Lehon, only to somehow escape.

2. Or, [You'll have to ask Redhawke's permission] she was trained by her cousin Arajj Vao (from Redhawke's "Mission Jedi" mod), and Arajj can be one of the Council members you have to find. (Swapping her out for Vash would be easiest)

3. Tinker a bit with the Canderous conversations. She'll know damn well who he is the instant he opens his mouth, and they likely had a passing acquaintanceship going all the way back to Lower Taris. Ditto with the T3-M4 conversations, especially when the holo is displayed.

Anyways, I might do a "total conversion" with this mod eventually. But, due to the same reason that I'm trying to conclude modding for a while (No; I'm not saying why, yet.), I'm keeping it simply as a "as PC" WIP for now. Great ideas, though.

Archived