Home

Cheap People

Shem

Well I can understand the bathwater one. A bath is a lot of water. May as well use it for other things as well. Washing a car, watering plants, cleaning the house.
Don't take a bath then. That's gross to use water you have been sitting in washing the filth off of you to clean your dishes you eat off of.

Don't take a bath then. That's gross to use water you have been sitting in washing the filth off of you to clean your dishes you eat off of.

Oh I agree on the dishes part. That's just not right.. But everything else makes perfect sense. I mean how clean of water do you need to wash your car? How clean does it have to be to wash floors. It's far better to use the bath water to do those things than waste clean water...

Then again I live in the desert. Water is a precious commodity.

about the cheapest thing i've ever done (and i've done it several times) is to make my younger sister fill up our truck with gas. at one time, we were sharing it, and normally, we'd just take turns filling it up since we figured we were about even mileage-wise. well, there were a couple occasions where it was my turn to fill up, but i'd go ahead and make an extra trip with a low tank and then return home without filling up. that way, my sister would have to fill it up the next day when she had to use the truck or else she'd be stranded.

but don't think i'm a rotten one for doing it. believe me, she's gotten me back several times using the same trick. :)

as for those other things mentioned, i can honestly say that i've never done anything like that before, and some of those things are just a tad too ridiculous.

I have never done something like that before.

I was watching television one day last week and Ripley's Believe it or Not was on and they showcased what they think is the world's cheapest man. He took his wife of almost 30 to McDonald's for their honeymoon. And buys 2 ply toilet paper and splits it to have twice as much.

That is sad.

Archived