Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part V: The Threefold War

Alkonium

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andorra, her plan to activate the sonic resonator thwarted, dared to ask a question:

"Why do you want me? Do you intend to bring me back to my mother? No matter. I'll find her without your help, you sniveling assassins!" Her hair was dishevelled and greasy, her eyes full of stress-induced rage. Could she--or would she--kill with her bare hands?

She sprang forward toward the nearest hostile target, wrapping her hands around his neck.

Garrick looked around.

Durrel was coming up on the Sith's flank, sword drawn. Garrick had his weapons at the ready, switching his target from the Death Gaurd to the Sith.

The other 15 Mandalorians in reserve had come out of the Enclave to help the platoon that was already out here.

What were the odds with a Mando company and Jedi with warriors? Very much in their favor.

Garrick motioned with his hand to move forward. They advanced like a predator stalking the prey.

Konig coughed and saw blood spatter across his visor. He didn't have long if his system was doing as bad as it seemed.

He limped slowly away from the fight. He'd need to wait for the right moment.

(@Tysy: Wrath had already fled, and is attempting to assist the Death Guard at the moment.)

Komad sped across the clearing to reach the fleeing Death Guard and activated his lightsabers. "Surrender, Death Guard. Don't try anything, I happen to know that your eyes are nowhere near as protected as the rest of you.

Wrath looked over at the Mandalorian who had been fighting Konig. Wrath also took notice of Konig who was limping away slowly. Instead of giving the Mando the chance to finish Konig off, Wrath decided to attack him first. Wrath advanced toward the Mando and got within feet of him. Wrath raised the vibrosword with one hand an readied himself to bring it down on the Mando, his back still exposed.

"Time to die Mandalorian scum!"

Jun-la added the rider, "And I would think you wouldn't want youself caught by the trees." She was referring to the job her father and uncle were carrying out in the trees.

Then as if on cue, Tavaryn dropped silently and had his bow drawn. "The eye is not always fooled."

Andros then appeared with his own bow drawn, relieved that at least one of his children were alive. He said, "You have a choice. Unlike your master, we show mercy if you fail."

Andros looked at his sister Kalla and said, "I know not where but if we still follow, we'll be fine." He looked and pointed, "There on the ledge, we wshall have a better view of the battle."

Tiye was quick as she swung herblade upwards till it collided with the enemy's blade. She had seen him move out of the corner of her eye aiming for her Mandalorian companion. She stopped his blade and said, "Cowardice strikes at a man's back."

Garrick heard the clang of metal behind him, and he quickly spun around, facing the Sith.

The Sith had attempted to strike from behind, but Tiye had stopped him.

Garrick was surprised for a split second, not knowing quite what to do or react, but his instinct snapped back in, and he dropped into a battle stance, letting the Death Gaurd limp away from the fight.

"Cowardice strikes at a man's back."

Garrick nodded in agreement, "Indeed....Sith, you have proven yourself the dishonorable scum you are...."

Durrel stepped closer, as the events unfolded.

The Mandalorians began to form a tight circle around the Sith, letting the Death Gaurd go, and instead sharpening their blades for vengeance.

Durrel smiled, "Sith, I don't think you realize this...but you're already dead...."

Konig looked back for a moment, Wrath was giving him time, it may come at a high price though.

He just needed to make it a little farther, and then he could finish the job.

Maybe they would attack a wounded man like Konig? He didn't know, but it was working so far, he just needed to keep acting until he made it the right place....

Wrath was both surprised and impressed at the woman's speed. Wrath pulled his sword back and stared at the woman. He turned his head and saw that the Mandalorians had a new target...him. Konig was able to escape but now Wrath was in a tight situation. However rather than feeling fear he felt excitement. This was the perfect time to see what he could do.

"Sith, I don't think you realize this...but you're already dead...."

Wrath turned to the Mandalorian and laughed.

"Ahh, I see now. You want to avenge the two Mandos I killed. But they're not really dead are they. How does that saying go...Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la" Wrath laughed louder as he said the phrase. "Well come on than hero, avenge your vode!"

Wrath ignited his lightsaber in his left hand and went into a defensive stance with his blades

Andros saw the other Death Guard trying to limp away. He caught his brother's eye and they took off after him. They ran behind and separated to be an arm's distance on either side. Andros called from the close distance, "Running away now? I would have thought you try to fight to the end."

Tiye's eyes widened ever so slightly at the lightsaber. She had gone toe to toe with a dark Jedi, something unwise but she was a warrior. She was a daughter of Mandalore who followed Revan long ago. She held her blade ready to fight. When the dark Jedi spat the words in Mandalorian, she ignored them. The quickest way to death was to attack in anger, a never.

When her companion leapt forward to attack with a cry of rage, she shouted, "Don't!"

It was a reaction but Jun-la willed herself to be there to block the blow to the left. Her brother had an easier time doing it and it had always been a struggle. Still she willed it and she appeared in a trail of blue and drew her sword out. She clanged it against the lightsaber and a shower of sparked appeared. She gave a slight push to back the Mandalorian off and said to the enemy, "Inciting rage is good but when you have others with no connection to what's being said, it makes it difficult."

Durrel heard Tiye shout, but it was too late. His attack was blocked easily, and he dropped to the ground, taking cover from the Sith's attack.

Suddenly, one of the other Mandalorians dropped his weapons and dashed over to Durrel, hauling him back to a safer place.

"KOYA'VE! DI'KUTLA SHABUIR!"

Durrel kept struggling to get back up and back into the fight, cursing in Mando'a as he did.

Garrick watched as Durrel was pulled back. It was for his own good, as Durrel was not thinking clearly, he cared too much for his men.

He took a step forward, slowly and strategically. He was trying to tempt an attack from the Sith. They couldn't win by frontal assualt because of the lightsaber, so they'd need to wait for him to attack.

He moved closer to Tiye.

"Durrel cut off the charge plan. Perhaps I should move behind him, and you move forward from here. A two-pronged attack...do you approve?" He whispered.

Konig turned his head both directions, seeing the two men only a couple feet away.

"Running away now? I would have thought you try to fight to the end."

He smiled, blood coming from his mouth and smearing the inside of his helmet.

"You're right."

He'd made it to the right area, and now for a final stand.

He swung his legs at an incredible speed, moving to trip the man on the left. He then drew Bevorin's red blade and swung at the other.

He stood and prepared for whatever close-quarters attacks that would inevitably come.

Suddenly, Konig was hit in the back of the head by an inactive lightsaber, which quickly found its way back to Komad's hand. "I'm one of the few non-Sith to have dealt with Death Guards more than once. Did you think I wouldn't know how to fight you?" He asked.

Kalla looked at the carnage below, and as much as she wanted to help, she remembered their duty laid elsewhere. "We're doing more good taking Andorra somewhere safe than we could fighting down there." She said to her brother.

Andorra gritted her teeth. "If I would have had just one frag grenade..."

She shook her head with a violent twist. "No matter. I sense that--relative safety--lies that way." She pointed a little to the left of true north. "I hear a river in the distance." Her ears twitched with the delight of a newly-discovered location. "We can hide there, at least for a time. Who's with me?" She turned toward Kalla and the other Jedi.

"That's probably a good idea. I don't know about you, but I certainly worked up a sweat climbing. And it looks a good bit warmer down there, I really need to get out of this coat." Kalla commented, taking off the coat she had grabbed from the Enclave earlier.

A shreyite came and babbled at the Jedi. Andros asked Tonatius, "Do you understand what he's saying?"

Tonatius replied, "He said something about that place being the haven." He then gave a chuckle, "And to think we had to go hundreds of miles."

Andros held his bow ready. "Everything has a purpose."

Konig felt the lightsaber hit hard on the back of his neck.

He immediatley froze up, struggling to regain control, but the lightsaber had hit just the right place.

He looked back at one of the targets, Komad, and growled.

"We'll get you....Lord Virul will always get what he wants....."

Darkness crawled at his vision, and he struggled to stay awake.

He crawled about a meter until he could no longer hold out, he closed his eyes and lost conciousness.

Wrath laughed as the Mandalorian was carried away.

"What's the matter are you done already? Why I expected better from a Mando. Especially one who is the leader of this group. Why your troops must be terrible if you're their leader. I can't blame you though, its not you fault. I can blame your Mandalore or whoever it is that put you in charge. Your Mandalore must be really awful then, and here they say Mandalorians are to be feared."

Insults aside, Wrath had to get serious. He may have crushed one's spirit but there were still the others to deal with. it would be foolish for him to attack, it would leave him exposed. The smarter thing to do was to wait for them to attack and then kill them off.

At the river, Andorra and Kalla enjoyed the refreshment of paradise as the water cleansed their sweaty bodies. Andorra even found some type of soapweed and rubbed the sudsy plant over the both of them quite liberally. How long would this brief respite last, knowing that they and the other Jedi were being pursued by lethal Sith forces?

"Kalla?" asked Andorra. "I'm sorry I'm such a...weakling. I'm just not used to battle, or war, or climbing all over the mountains with only a harness to keep my gluteus safe! I was born to the life of a pampered princess, and it's hard for me to get into 'hero mode'. I just want to see my mother and all of us safe and sound. What do these monsters want?" She sighed and plucked more soapweed. "Come here," she said softly.

Suddenly, Andorra felt the familiar red waves of sublustrum start to tingle at the edge of her senses. Instead of falling unconscious, she clutched Kalla and opened her eyes wide, sending a jolt of energy through both their bodies. A voice, a vision, spoke:

Surrender. You may have defeated my minions, or some of them, but I am near.

"Insults?" Tiye asked as she stood next to Jun-la, "What manner of creature would use insults to get what he wants?"

"One who thinks that he is superior and tries to show it by attacking the weak," Jun-la answered. "His kind know nothing of shou unlike the warriors of Amshrey."

"Aye," Tiye replied, "I myself am descended from Mandalore, the companion of Revan. At least we know that Mandalorians have shou."

Both of them stood ready with their swords drawn. Jun-la's lightsaber hung from her belt but she made no move for it. Out of habit and a sense of honor to her people, she preferred to use Sanglumina. She held it ready and said, "So I guess this means we have to get our hands dirty."

"Indeed," Tiye replied.

Andros lowered his bow but Tavaryn didn't. He approached the death guard to peer at him. He said, "Nice shot Komad."

Tavaryn asked, "He dead, Brother?"

Andros looked closely at the fallen foe. He reached out with the Force to sense his life signs. Out loud he said, "Not dead. Just unconscious."

"Then we have a prisoner," Tavaryn replied. He lowered his bow slightly to toss a rope at his brother. "Best to tie him up."

Andros caught the rope and gave a slight smile. His brother had spent too much time with Kyle Katarn but it was a good thing. He made to tie the prisoner. While doing so he said to Komad, "You should call in to Tulre. Ask if the enemy are retreating."

Tonatius heard the sound in his head and gave an inward hiss. He heard something and it was dark. He covered his ears to block it out much to Andros' distress. He knew that Avalonians heard the Force on different levels and what they heard was not what other Force sensitives heard. Whatever it was must be painful for Tonatius to clutch his head. He asked, "What is it?"

Tonatius still gripped his head and said through gritted teeth, "Something dark worked its way here."

"Who? Virul?"

"Don't know. Not intended for me but a relation. It is dark...evil."

Andros thought for a moment. Evil? He quickly called his sister on her comm, "Sis, what's going on over there?"

Garrick looked at Tiye and Jun-la. 'Getting dirty' was a good sign for the Mandalorians. All of then were spoiling for a fight, Durrel especially. Perhaps the Sith's mouth was more skilled then his sword, at least that's the way it seemed.

Garrick stepped forward casually, sword held close to his side in a non-aggressive stance.

"Sith. You don't know who you insult."

The Mandalorian contingent began to move forward slowly, forcing the Sith into an even more compact circle, making an escape impossible.

Garrick turned his head at Tiye, "We move when ordered. Do we have permission?"

Garrick wanted to be sure that now was the right time.

"I don't know what to say. I've been a Jedi my whole life, but my training didn't prepare me for anything like this. I don't know what, if anything, Darth Virul wants with you, but you're right to fear him. I know from experience that he will do anything to get what he wants, even kill those he's working with once they're of more use dead than alive. Don't worry, though. No matter what he does, I will do everything I can to protect you." Kalla told Andorra, kissing her on the lips.

Maybe it was the water, their mutual state of undress, or both, but for some reason, she felt she could better open up about her own feelings and act on them right now. "Maybe when this is all over..." She started to say, but was interrupted when Andorra grabbed her, and she felt the energy coursing through both of them. What the hell is going on? She thought. Then she heard her brother's voice over the comm. Panicking though she was, now was not the best time.

Immediately after, Komad pulled a small communicator out of his pocket and activated it, a minature blue hologram of Tulre appearing before him.

"The remaining Death Guard has been incapacitated, and we're bringing him in. How are you guys holding up out there?" He inquired. Without the Death Guards or the AT-AT, the New Imperial forces wouldn't be much of a problem anymore.

Wrath was now in a very tight circle. The Mandalorians were ready to attack, especially the one he had insulted. Wrath looked around at his opponents. As he did, one of the Mandalorians spoke to him. Wrath turned to face the Mandalorian, it was the one who fought Konig before. He made a step forward, in front of the circle.

"You are a bold one Mandalorian, stepping up here to die first is quite noble of you. Don't worry I'll make sure your death is painless."

Wrath stood in a defensive position and stared at the Mando.

"Come on Mando, don't keep me waiting all day for this."

"Things are going well," Tulre replied, "The enemy is in full retreat thanks to the help of some friends." His voice indicated that they were the new friends from Miako who did a job on them. "The Belosians are holding the line to make sure the enemy is in full retreat. Do you need anything else?"

"Three against one. Hardly seems fair," Jun-la said.

"Right. Not fair for us," Tiye said. "Really do you want to go against such odds?" She asked the intruder.

Tonatius was still holding his head as Andros repeated, "Sis, everything alright there?"

Realising the urgency in her brother's calling, Kalla broke free of Andorra's grip and carried her out of the water. Then she grabbed the communicator, and activated it. "I ... don't know. Something's wrong with Andorra." She explained. Then remembering that the two of them were completely unclothed, she added, "Um, I'll figure this out myself. No need for you guys to get involved."

More concerned with ensuring Andorra's safety than anything else, Kalla tried to figure out how to rouse her. Waving her hand over Andorra's face, she had no idea how to fix this.

"Excellent. The situation is under control here. We'll meet you back at the enclave." Komad sent back. He then rejoined the group dragging the unconscious Death Guard back.

Archived