Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part V: The Threefold War

Alkonium

Andorra opened her eyes. "Did you see it?" she asked. "Did you hear it?" Receiving silence in response, she announced, "It's telling us to surrender--the same presence I saw when I passed out for good. I tried to warn you, to grab you and show you what I sensed before I fell unconscious again. It seems that this mental state of mine, this terrible sublustrum, which I've always had, is being invaded by someone else.

"Am I talking crazy? Perhaps yes, perhaps not. I felt the exact same thing right before one of my best friends passed away in a speeder crash. The same red haze, the same swimming thoughts and blurry vision, the same brief spell of unconsciousness. It wants me, Kalla, and it wants you. It's trying to get us to give in, but I'm trying to fight it."

She gazed into Kalla's eyes. "I shall try to do whatever I can to stay conscious, dear."

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I appreciate your concern for my safety however I'm quite capable of taking the three of you myself. If you want to help however I could do without this fun little circle that's formed around me."

It felt like the circle had gotten tighter around him. It would get to the point where neither him nor the other three could attack one another. This could also be what the mandalorian's want though.

As Andorra looked out over the landscape to try and clear her head, she found that she could not. She was overwhelmed with thoughts and chiding voices, doubts and second-guesses. What was this presence trying to say or do, and what did it want with her? What if it was just some mad hallucination, and she was willingly falling prey to it?

She was sure of absolutely nothing now. She activated a medical pack just in case...

"We can discuss it with my father or Master Starlighter later. We should probably get dressed; Andros and Tonatius are probably waiting for us, but I'll say this much: You do have a great body." Kalla told Andorra, grabbing her underwear and tunic from a nearby tree branch. After she got her clothes back on, she passed Andorra's clothes to her. "I don't think anyone saw us." She added.

Andorra blushed. "Good," she said, smiling, and dressed in a greater hurry than she would normally have done. She was not ashamed of Kalla seeing her in such a state of disrobe--hardly!--but, after all, she and her dearest companion had to get back to the mission. She scanned the horizon for Andros and Tonatius, her modified blaster at the ready.

"If it helps, you probably saw as much of me as I saw of you." Kalla commented, flirting a bit before taking a more serious tone. "Aside from Virul's assassin, it didn't look like anything really followed us through the mountains." Then she remembered the communicator, and turned it on. "Brother, what's your position? Over." She said, hoping Andros would get the message.

"Sis whatever is happening is affecting Tonatius," Andros said over the comm. He looked at Tonatius who was still holding his head. He then said, "It's an Avalonian thing."

Jun-la could sense the distress of her apprentice. He was worried about Tonatius and she remembered that Tonatius had not had much practice in listening and blocking out things. Still she couldn't deal with that at the moment. instead she looked at the dark Jedi and said, "Oh we aren't concerned for you. We are more concerned for us."

Tavaryn yanked on the unconcious Death Guard and dragged him towards the encalve. He said, "The sooner we have him in a cell the better. Probably a good idea to strip him of all weapons."

Garrick couldn't help but be amused at the small talk between the Sith and Jedi. It was as random as a philanthropist Tusken Raider...in other words, it was really random.

But by now, random seemed to be a major part of the universe.

"Well....don't mean to sound arrogant, but we Mandalorians have little to be concerned about."

Garrick took another cautious step forward, blade edging even closer to the Sith.

Andorra looked to Kalla. "Where is Andros now? And Tonatius? Are we safe for the moment?" She brushed an unruly swath of hair away from Kalla's face and lekku. The wind up here in the mountains was absolutely horrendous! The Avalonian girl shivered.

"We should be. Very few animals live this high up, at least on most of the planets I've been to. If I know my brother and your cousin, they should be close. I think whatever happened to you also happened to Tonatius, but he's strong. That's part of why I had a thing for him once, though he wasn't as interested." Kalla said to Andorra. "Not that I'm comparing you to him, though. You're stronger than you realise, Andorra. I'd have never expected someone like you to go through what we've been through on this planet as well as you did. You showed true bravery when you cut down those Hordesmen at the ruins. You were even brave when you came out to me before we shared our first kiss." She then pulled out her communicator again. "Just wait it out, Andorra's alright now. Again, where are you?" She asked her brother.

The mando was definitely getting ready to strike, if Wrath didn't do something soon he could be hit with a sneak attack. Wrath looked over at the woman with sword and noticed a lightsaber on her waist. If he went for her he could take out the other two but on the flip side she could be a powerful jedi. The other woman was also mandalorian and would be a challenge as well. He would have to be more defensive in this fight. wrath turned back to the male mando.

"How's this for little concern, take one more step and you'll join your two comrades in the never ending march of death."

"Death Guards usually carry just a variety of grenades and their DC-58 blaster rifle. With a gun like that and strength like theirs, they don't need to carry a melee weapon. Trust me, getting the back of one of those to the head hurts." Komad explained to Taravyn. He didn't admit this, but seeing a Death Guard dragged to a prison cell like this, along with having crushed the other, brought him feelings of satisfaction, as if he had claimed some sort of unsworn vengeance against them, after what the Death Guards had done to him at the Dantooine Mission all those years ago. He often wondered if he'd be able to forgive Jor, were he still alive.

"Not that far from you," Andros replied looking at Tonatius. he seemed to have calmed but he was still holding his head in his hands, "I don't think that Andorra got the worst of it though."

Tonatius had tuned out everything in his surroundings. All that he could still feel was the hatred and the anger. There was also something else and he sought to figure out what that was. In his state, it wouldn't have been wise but this was war and you had to do what you had to do.

Reaching out as Jun-la taught him he reached for the unknown until it felt as if the fingers of his mind held fast. He followed it to the source and he hit something. He reached out until he found it but then he felt forced back to his own reality. His head jerked up and he caught his breath. He began to breathe heavily.

Andros noticed Tonatius snap his head up quick and, unaware that his comm was still on, asked, "What's wrong?"

Tonatius didn't see Andros but heaard him. He replied, "Smoke, fire, hatred, anger, death. Battle is going on and one may not survive."

"Well whatever they carry, they should be stripped," Tavaryn insisted once they were back inside the enclave. They hadn't heard from Jun-la and Tiye so there must be stragglers still. "Fundamentals when it comes to interrogation."

Suddenly Tavaryn and Andros both grabbed the side of their temples and squeezed their eyes shut.

Jun-la saw the opponent make a move and moved her sword. "You play a dangerous game."

At the time she said it, she became aware of a disturbance that was becoming painful. She could sense Tonatius doing something and it was filtering to others. She couldn't take her eyes off the opponent but if she didn't close her eyes soon, there would be hell to pay. Instead she began to shake as if with fever and her voice took on a more crazy like quality, "A dangerous game that calls for payment. Behold the sky of red when sun is gone and moon is dead."

Greea didn't know how long she was in this dark place but she felt it taking a toll on her. It was tempting to give in and lash out. Still she kept her children in mind as she made her way towards the prisoner holdings. She reached out, Sister of Andros, can you hear me. I am coming,

The Standoff was practically killing Garrick. No one was making a move, he didn't know why, it seemed that this had become a war of words, something Mandalorians hadn't quite mastered.

"There are two types of Mando'a, Sith. The Glorious Dead.....and the Soon-to-be Glorious Dead. It is not a matter of death then. It is a matter of what you did living, and many of your enemies died with you. You Sith have problems when it comes to this."

Garrick turned his head to see that Durrel had gotten back to his senses and had joined the circle that kept getting tighter and tighter around the Sith.

He edged closer, his blade forcing the Sith back against the other swords behind, Garrick kept going, his blade mere inches away from the Sith.

He then made his move, quickly lunging forward, blade bound for the Sith's head.

Andorra had a sudden flash of insight, which both terrified and overwhelmed her, into the true purpose of her sublustrum state. Through it, she realized, if I tread ever so carefully, I might be able to trace this dark presence to its source, and there unravel it. I can create a pivotal point, one infinitesimal distraction, that could send the presence spiralling out of control. I cannot say I have the capability to drive men mad, or even to make them fall in love with me, but there was that night when Mother...

All she said to Kalla, not wanting to reveal too much of a plan that might not work in the first place, was "Cover me, sweet one." Andorra closed her eyes, wishing for the haze to come. It did, and when it did, there was something like a heart the size of a pin beating in the midst of it. The heart, pulsing inside an unknown body, floated there in the midst of the crimson tide, and it took all of the Avalonian's strength to reach it in her mind's eye. It flashed, a beckoning signal, and she thought, Choose the right moment...

Right now, the cold iron pinheart was perfectly at peace, focusing on its hate and anger in the midst of its meditations. This was a Sith's heart, no doubt, and if she shifted her mental focus to make it just a fraction more sharp...There. The heart twitched, faster than the blink of an eye, and the red haze swam around it, seeming confused and sad.

Create the right echo... Andorra exhaled slowly, slowly, and then held her breath.

...and all shall be destroyed. The red haze swam away and abruptly vanished into the blackness of vision behind one's eyes and Andorra awoke. "It is done," she told Kalla.

(I don't think Andorra would really care about making men fall in love with her, or want them to, for that matter.)

"What is done exactly?" Kalla inquired. "We really need to get back to Andros and Tonatius. Come on, you can explain on the way." Considering what she had heard over the comm, the four of them really needed to meet up again.

It's a trap, leave while you can, Master Jedi. Was all Greea heard from the Governor. "I know you're there, Jedi. Free the governor, if you can. Maybe then, she won't be the only one your filthy half-breed husband will have to rescue." Virul's voice boomed throughout the New Imperial Fortress.

"It's the iron heart of this presence I keep sensing," replied Kalla. "I saw it in my mind's eye, my state of sublustrum, and I reached out with all my being and made it...vibrate. It twitched, and if I'm not just having hallucinations or something, within a matter of moments the dark presence will start to unravel, to disintegrate within itself. If it works, the presence should vanish. If not, it should at least be weakened." Andorra felt her forehead. "I'm a bit feverish now."

"I think I understand, but I don't know how this is possible. You told me before you're not Force Sensitive." Kalla replied. "Do you have any idea what this presence might be?" After walking for a few more hours, they were reunited with Andros and Tonatius. "How are you feeling now?" Kalla asked Tonatius.

The mandalorian had finally made the first move but Wrath was caught off guard by it. He was looking at the jedi who began acting slightly creepy. He heard the mando move forward but Wrath didn't have time to block. If he jumped out of the way he would get stabbed by the swords all around him. he didn't want to get decapitated but he was going to get stabbed; all he could do was change where it him him. Wrath turned to face the mando while prompting his chest forward allowing the blade to hit it. He felt the sword pass through the armor and into his skin. Wrath stood there motionless like the blow did hurt him. Much like before with the jedi master, he recovered but this time Wrath knew he would. Wrath looked back to the mando and laughed, with the blade still in his chest.

"My turn." he said as he sliced down with his sword.

Andros called over his comm, "Sis, is Andorra doing anything strange? If so, she's not the only one." He looked at Tonatius who was looking straight forward but not at anything. Whatever is going on wasn't a good thing.

Jun-la brought her focus into a strange sort of clarity. She countered with her own blade as she said, "And piddly twiddle you are stopped not to see what cards you've got."

Tiye didn't know if it was diliberate or what but her head ached slightly from a dull ache. She lunged forward in a fient to catch the intruder off guard. She said, "I don't think this would be fair for you."

Garrick was pleased that the attack had made it in, but he knew what the Sith was trying to pull.

Sadly, as Garrick remembered, such a thing was easily countered.

He smiled and moved the blade, still in the Sith's skin, across the Sith's chest, ripping armor and flesh apart.

He then stabbed in again and pulled the hook like edge of the blade out.

He then hopped back to a safe distance and began to coordinate for another strike.

Andorra looked at Kalla, smiling kindly. "Being Force-sensitive is what you Jedi do. You can throw rocks into walls and cause people to fall to the ground with one wave of the power you wield. I can't do that! I can only--sense things, briefly, and if I concentrate enough, I can influence them. There was this one time that Mother sat at our kitchen table, crying and crying, and I wanted to help her but didn't know what was wrong. I closed my eyes, and my mind reached out to hers. I saw something tiny, a pinpoint of light, and when I looked closer, I realized it represented a spirit of someone long gone."

She stepped closer to her comrade. "I am sensitive, but not to the Force as you are."

The Mando began to move the blade around in Wrath's insides before jumping away. Wrath went down on one knee for a few seconds. He stood back up and turned to the Mando once more. His armor in the chest was slightly damaged and in the cracks of the armor was red and purple tentacle like things. He ran at the Mando and swung his blade at him. With his left arm he elbowed the Mando's jugular.

"I've never really heard of anything like that. It doesn't change how I feel about you, though. You know that no matter what, I'll always love you." Kalla told Andorra, giving her another kiss. Then, hearing her brother nearby and on the comm, she stated, "She was, and we're here now. You don't need to use the comm."

"We want answers. What is the exact reason that Darth Virul sent you here?" Komad asked the Death Guard, now stripped of his armour and locked in a holding cell.

Andorra smiled. "Whatever happens, I will try and help you fight this threat, whomever and whatever it may be. Man or woman, bird or beast, it shall fall. This is my pledge."

She sighed and brushed back a tendril of golden hair. "All I ever wanted was to see my mother safe in the middle of this never-ending war, and now what? Now she's being held captive by some--Sith--and who knows if my plan, the vibrations that I've caused through my sublustrum state, will even work? I never wanted all this fighting, and who would have thought Avalon so important in the scheme of things?"

Archived