Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part V: The Threefold War

Alkonium

Jun-la sensed Andorra's discontent and said in a watery smooth voice, "You have something worth fighting for. When blocked, a river finds its way for water is powerful but if uncontrolled it can bring about pain and suffering." She held Andorra's blade steady, the sharp end facing her palm. All Avalonian children grew up around swords and learned to treat them with respect. It was not fool hardy to hold them as she was doing. She could feel the trembling of Andorra's hand.

Tonatius and Tiye had been watching the scene. It was Tonatius who said, "Remember the lesson of balance?"

Tavaryn felt the rumblings of the ship coming out of hyperspace. He stood up and spoke to the prisoner, "You may have your good intentions but difficult it is to judge sincerity. Since there are others who wish to question, I will let them." He then went to knock on the door to indicate he wanted to be released all the while singing the warrior song.

Andros worked his way through the fortress. Bypassing the hordesmen on the bridge had been rather easy but he didn't let his guard down. He managed to find a chamber that closely resembled some of the family temples he had seen. A wave od somethign passed through him and he closed his eyes, feeling slightly faint.

Greea felt something pass over her. It was a strange feeling and she shook her head to clear it away. Her eyes then swiveled on Komad and she said, "What are you doing here assassin?"

Alkéa nodded and shared a look with her husband. They were going to war again. She said, "I will go to my squadron. Make sure my brother's children are alright?"

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Konig looked up at his captor and nodded.

"So be it," he said, in completely resignation.

Either way, he'd cracked, there was no way he could return to his former glory with the Empire. If he made it out of this alive, he promised himself to honor his fallen comrades, first by finding peace, in any way possible. Then second, righting what had been wronged. It was a simple vow, but Konig wouldn't forget it.

Now the first thing to do was to figure out how to get released, hopefully without any mass death or destruction.

Admiral Velerc looked out at the ships coming out of hyperspace.

"Our Mandalorian friends want to fight again.....Lieutenant Derek, get me a comm to Lord Virul. Ask if we may have an audience for clearance to engage the enemy."

The Lieutenant saluted and began shouting orders to the comm crew.

He looked to the First Officer.

"Caruden, order our Pelleaon-Class Star Destroyers to start up their Interdictor-generators. We won't let the Mandos leave the system, and if there are any further ships incoming, use the Interdictor to bring them in on their blind-sides."

"Yes, Admiral Velerc."

It was not long before the Republic fleet was fully prepared, and with Kalla and Reyvan at the bridge of the Omas, made the jump into hyperspace. The pull of the Interdictors did not go unnoticed, but since the ships were going that direction in the first place, did little more than to hasten the arrival of the Republic Star Destroyers. "This is Jedi Master Reyvan Skyrider. All fighters commence launch sequence, and concentrate your fire the Star Destroyers' gravity wells." Reyvan said into the inter-ship comm system.

Komad sensed it as well, but was not entirely certain who it might be. "You recognise this presence?" He asked his wife. He had been told of how she had been attacked on Mustafar, but knew little else.

"You've tracked me here to kill the governor. I will not reveal my brother's location to you," Greea replied as she backed away into a defensive posture. "I am not so easily fooled assassin."

Meanwhile Andros sensed Greea's reaction. I thought it wouldn't have affected her. He felt the same force channel through him and he felt anger, darkness and rage. He forced himself into a run to get to Komad and Greea.

"There is honor in defeat," Tavaryn said softly, "Acknowledge that you don't hold everything and it falls away."

Jun-la stopped to listen to the noise. She said, "And no the time is," and strode out of the cargo bay, pausing long enough at the door to say, "Come, we go to the surface."

Tiye and Andros followed obediently but Tonatius lingered to take his cousin's hand. He said, "If you want to go then you must follow."

Konig looked up at his captor once again, and nodded, "That I understand....I guess I don't hold everything..."

He sighed, "Aw well, I guess Bastion is under attack. My comrades are extremely well-fortified. So, with what little help it will give....good luck to you and your friends."

That was it, Konig could no longer return to the Empire. If he did, they may execute him as a deserter and traitor. He'd have to wait the rest of the war out now...

"Admiral Barek, Republic fleet inbound, they are engaging the Pelleaon-Class Star Destroyers. Your orders?"

Barek looked at the officer, "This may work to our advantage. Do not fully engage any of the Capital ships, just fire fleeting shots. No major engagements. Instead, begin the bombardment of the surface, so that the ground force has proper support."

"Yes, Admiral Barek."

The officer turned on a heel and went about his orders. Barek watched as his ship's cannons turned onto the planet Bastion, and began to pound the life out of it.

Garrick jumped into one of the landing craft, along with a large regiment of Mandalorian warriors. Durrel was not far behind.

"Captain, how many men has the Admiral committed to this operation?"

"Five regiments, a few hundred men in each."

Garrick nodded, "Excellent. We'll hit the ground first, blazing a path for the Republic to follow."

He then began walking through the center of the dark landing vessel, Mandalorian soldiers all around and preparing themselves.

Suddenly, the ship detached and everything shifted to the right, they were descending upon the planet.

Garrick checked the chrono in his helmet, he then looked back at the Mandalorians behind him.

"10 minutes until we reach planetside!! Gear up, and prepare to move once we hit the surface!! Move in diagonal formation, 3 at a time! 10 second intervals! No large groups!"

A ping of acknowledgement was sent across the cross-com, and Garrick knew that everyone got the message.

He looked out a viewport and saw the other 4 landing ships following suite.

Garrick sat down in a nearby chair and began to prepare himself mentally for the coming ordeal.

Reyvan and Kalla quickly made their way off the bridge and to the hangar, where they joined the others in the landing craft. "A direct assault is impossible with their defenses, we'll need to try to get in quietly, and shut down their turret defenses. That way, the Mandalorians and the rest of our forces can storm the front." Reyvan explained.

"Greea, what are you talking about. It's me, Komad, your husband. I don't want to hurt you, but I will defend myself." Komad replied, his lightsaber in his hand.

"I doubt the Mandalorians have made it into the fortress yet, but if they have, go ahead and kill them. They're not important." Virul explained to Wrath.

Andorra replied, "The lesson of balance...yes, I believe I remember it. Please stand back." She made a slow, deliberate move with Chetyrnadtsat, her new vibroblade, taking care not to swing it too hard, too fast, or too rashly. Her lithe body whirled around, and it seemed to the Avalonian maiden that Jun-la, Tonatius and Tiye were watching her demonstration with obvious pride. She may have been little more than a child on her home planet, but this new weapon of hers was bringing her to maturity fast. After performing a few more thrusts and parries against the air of the vessel, Andorra detached the sonic resonator from the hilt. She tossed it aside noncommittally.

"The lesson of balance has taught me I don't need this," she said. "Overkill will do us no good when we finally face Lord Virul. When we do, it shall take skill and deliberation, not hasty wastes of energy and damage to our friends as well as foes. I suspect...that Virul...would anticipate us doing something like that, too," she said slowly. "Thus, the sonic resonator's out."

"Don't get your hopes up, my love. My parents will probably get to Virul first." Kalla pointed out, holding Andorra's hand. "Still we must do what we can in there."

Master Starlighter, something's wrong. Greea's ... I don't know exactly. I need your help. Komad sent out through the Force. "Forgive me, but this might be the only way to make you snap out of this." He then said to his wife, activating his lightsaber.

"At least you see what I was getting at with your blade," Jun-la said, "The master creator of that blade was famous in his day. His blades knew battle as we shall soon know it."

"I agree," Matton said coming in. He had been watching the scene when he had come in search of Jun-la to alert her to the Avalonian fleet getting into position. He had been paying attention to the lessons on blades and why Avalonians valued them more than blasters and even more so than lightsabers. As if to justify his presence he said, "They want us on the bridge. I think the attack will be launched soon." He then turned and left.

Jun-la tried to hide the blush rising on her face by merely nodding and saying thank you. She then nodded at the others and followed Matton saying, "See you on the bridge."

Tonatius waited until she was gone before saying, "As old as she is, she still blushes like the maidens when they are courted."

Andros raised his brow in slight confusion. He replied, "Well your half does have a tendency to break in at awkward moments."

It was Tiye that started to laugh and she was joined by Tonatius. He clarified, "Not that. Haven't you noticed how they look at each other. It's like how your sister looks at my cousin."

"You have followed me here! You will not take the governor!" Greea backed into an attack posture and activated her lightsaber.

Andros felt the surge and Komad's plea. He managed to send something and hoped that it got through, It's this place. With the combined forces of our realm and Miako's merging, powers are shifting...anger...

"The Dark Side of the Force has clouded your perceptions! I am no assassin, I am your husband!" Komad called out to his deceived wife. "Reach out to me with the Force and you will see I'm telling you the truth."

Virul could sense it all. "Interesting. If others are afflicted as the Rodian Harlot is, then the Republic could easily be staved off." He commented

Tyrannus replied with an indifferent air, "She's affected because of her connection to the bastard Avalonian. If anything he is feeling worse."

Andros couldn't feel any worse than he was right now. It was taking all that he could to keep the rage from consuming Greea. He was allowing it to filter into him. He managed to get where they were and he used his lightsaber to cut a hole. As a result Greea came down into the hall landing with a cat like grace.

Greea felt the ground give away and managed to deactive her lightsaber before she landed in the hallway below. When she stood up, she saw Andros but he was not Andros. It was Tyrannus she saw. She let out a cry of rage, "You! I knew you were behind this Tyrannus."

Andros was trying hard and managed to filter out most of it. Simple combat could purge it. Yet it was pounding in his mind. He retorted, "Well wife of Komad, I don't know why you think I am the enemy but even you should know that I would give my life for your family but if it's a fight you want, I'll do what I must to purge you of that rage." His eyes began to glow an eery yellow as he backed into a stand, holding his unlit lightsaber.

Greea's eyes glowed but less intense than Andros' as she backed into a lunge position and ignited her lightsaber.

Andros knew Komad was up there and sent, Let me fight her. It should purge what she sees. Then you can take her and go.

Do what you must, but don't hurt her. Was all Komad could think to send back. Even though her vision had been warped and she had been driven to hostility, Greea was still his wife, and he couldn't bring himself to cause her harm.

"Or how you look at Tiye." Kalla commented, trying a bit to ease the tension before the attack. "We're nearing the drop zone now." Reyvan told them.

Garrick watched as Bastion got larger and larger in the viewport, he could also see, in great detail, the enemy defenses. The situation didn't look good, but that was where Mandalorians worked best.

He looked back at the troops behind him.

"2 minutes!! Buy'ce Koya vode Mando'a!!"

The troops cheered in agreement at the declaration of victory given by their commander.

Garrick smiled and placed a hand on the lever that would open the landing ramp.

Durrel looked out of another viewport at the Bastion defenses.

"Sir...were 5 regiments enough?"

Durrel no doubt had the feeling of dread that ate at Garrick as well.

"I should hope so. I fear that in order to gain vivtory, we must pay a great price. But nothing can be gained without that...."

Durrel nodded, "The Jedi will help us."

"I wouldn't pin my hopes on that, the Jedi may be our allies, but I doubt even they can stop the defenses in time..."

"Still, there is always hope."

"A fool's hope," Garrick checked his chrono again.

"We will prevail nonetheless."

He pulled down the lever, and the landing ramp flew down.

Garrick jumped through it.

"MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!! SPREAD OUT!!"

The troops split up and charged out of the landing craft, the Imperials were already firing.

Wrath went back to armory to get a quick repair on the armor. After making sure none of his flesh was exposed, he exited the armory and saw stormtroopers running everywhere. He followed the soldiers into combat and was shocked to see what had exited the ship; The Mandalorians. He cruel smile formed from under his helmet. He knew what he had to do but decided to have a little fun first. He took a rocket launcher from a trooper and fired two rockets into a crowd of mandos. He aimed away from the leaders and went for this less important Mandalorians. He handed the weapon back after the explosion from the rockets went off.

"Small world Mandalorians, small world. Its a shame though really, no jedi for you to hide behind this time. No one's coming to save and as you can see, this time I have my men behind me."

Tonatius just smirked back. It was Jun-la who said, "Then lock and load in the dropship. We drop on your mark Reyvan." She then turned to head to the ship in the hangar.

Tonatius said, "Well let's get moving."

Tavaryn, after having a long talk with the prisoner came in. He assessed the situation in front of him and asked, "So we are going to drop?"

"Yes," Jun-la replied. She then pulled up her comm, "Tulre prepare to drop with troops."

"Yes boss."

Jun-la smiled at that and replied, "Then prepare for drop." To Kalla and Andorra she said, "You two staying with my team?"

You have my word. It was all Andros could give. He had a soft spot for Greea since he remembered Jaden Korr. He eyed Greea as she made ready to spring. Her eyes were glowing as she gave a cry of rage and launched her body forward. He was ready and received her attack.

A rocket exploded in one of the groups of the Mandalorians who were charging out.

"Stay apart!! Spread out!!" He snarled at the other Mandalorians, making sure they heard him. He wouldn't lose anymore men to stupidity.

He raised his rifle to his visor and aimed at a nearby StormTrooper position.

He zeroed in and opened fire, killing off the troopers in a matter of moments. More Mandalorians poured forward, quickly overtaking enemy positions and practically slaughtering the Imperials unfortunate enough to be here.

Garrick ran forward and jumped into a crater that had just appeared from the last missile strike.

Durrel and Kajumo jumped in as well.

He nodded to them.

"We have to keep moving, otherwise those turrets will rip our troops to pieces."

He looked over at a nearby bunker wall, it was deserted as the Mandalorian bombardment had smashed its inhabitants.

Garrick pointed over to it.

"Kajumo, set up Division command over there. We'll coordinate every move until we can reach the second line of defense."

Kajumo nodded and jumped up, already sprinting to the position, motioning for the command crews to follow.

Garrick looked back at Durrel, "Take a platoon and hold the dropzone for our Jedi friends. If they come, you'll be the first to see them. Pass the word once they come to reinforce us."

Durrel nodded, "Yes....Mand'alor!"

He then jumped out of the crater as well.

Garrick smiled, "No...not Mand'alor quite yet..."

He then looked at a figure that he recognized all too well. The Dark Jedi they had battled on Amshrey.

He took out his sword and charged forward.

"Yes, it's probably best that way." Kalla replied. Reyvan then led them into the ATT and they left the landing craft, joining the Mandalorians on the battlefield. Stepping out of the dropship, Reyvan spotted the Dark Jedi and activated his lightsaber. Kalla activated her lightsaber as well and motioned for Tonatius on unsheathe his sword. "It's the same Dark Jedi who confronted us on the mountain top, he attacked my mother on Mustafar, and he kidnapped the Governor!" She shouted out to the Mandalorians.

"I would like to," replied Andorra, "for I trust you completely, with my life. If anything goes wrong with any of us, you and your team are incredibly reliable. If Virul tries anything, meaning if he tries to pit us against one another or my mother against me, for example, I'm...more than willing...to make the ultimate sacrifice. That's what war requires."

Jun-la gave a reassuring pat to the girl's shoulder as they boarded their dropship. The ride down was as bumpy as one could imagine it but there was no recourse. As soon as they landed, the team jumped out of the ship. Jun-la had her lightsaber in hand and walked forward as if it were a stroll in the middle of the battle. She surveyed the scene. It wouldn't be long before hordesmen spilled out. Ken-Lui came up and voiced, "We should make our way in."

"We need to form a perimeter. Too much risk of being cut off." Then Jun-la pulled up her comm and said, "Mandalorian, use a spread formation to take this ground."

Meanwhile Tonatius, with Tiye and Kalla were battling back troops to clear teh platform. It was then that the assassin came down and he stood lookng at him. He cursed in Avalonian and moved next to Kalla. He muttered, "We need to move on all sides. Agreed?"

"So the Jedi have landed," Tyrannus noted. "It won't be long before they make their way in the fortress. I suggest that we send the hordesmen out Virul. I believe Karaka has a bone to pick."

Andros, filled with a combat rage, against all odds managed to damp it down to stay focused as he battled Greea. When she thrust forward, he disarmed her of her lightsaber and tossed away his. Greea came at him hand to hand and it was nothing but a fist fight from there. He blocked a fist and gave a shove to the chest that knocked Greea to the ground. Andros collapsed on his knees to breathe.

Greea groaned as she cleared her head. "What happened? Komad? Where are we?"

Wrath was pleased to see the Mandalorian remembered him. Wrath took out the vibrosword on his back and ran forward as well. He stopped himself after running for a little bit and stood his ground. He readied his sword and prepared for the mando's attack. He looked to see that more stormtroopers were coming as back up.

"I've been waiting for this fight mando. You and your men won't get the best of me this time. This time I have you right where I want you."

"We're still inside Darth Virul's fortress on Bastion. Before we attempt to free the governor, we should try to disable the automated defences, in order to help our troops push through." Komad explained, helping Greea get back on her feet.

"Karaka, the Mandalorians and the Republic have begun their attack. Tell your hordesmen to wipe them out. All of them." Virul told Karaka over the comm. "I will deal with the rest of the Jedi slime myself."

"Agreed." Kalla replied, noticing several more Republic ATT's touch down on the planet's hilly surface. Numerous Republic Guardsmen stepped out of each, and immediately began firing upon the Stormtroopers. In addition, she could spot at least one AT-WP in the distance, firing all of its guns at the fortress.

"That doesn't explain why it felt like I was so angry," Greea replied as she shook her head.

"It's this place and the merging of Miako's realm with ours," Andros managed to say as he stood on his feet. His eyes still glowed but he had it under control. "As powers are shifting and rebalancing, a fierce rage takes over though why it affected you is beyond me. It would surely affect my people."

Greea shook her head in disbelief. She didn't understand what Andros was saying but looking at his eyes, she could see that something was not right with this place. "OK. So we have powers out of balance. How will that affect everyone else?"

"Don't know but it will be felt be everyone of Avalonian birth including Andorra," Andros replied. "How they deal with it is up to them but we should help in lowering defenses. I passed a room on my way here. It looked like a control room." He turned to go and motioned for KOmad and Greea to follow.

"Really?" Tiye replied as she stepped forward with Tonatius and Andorra, "Cause it seems like we have you where we want you."

Tonatius said nothing but there was something pounding at his temple. Something was swirling in his mind and he wanted to close his eyes to shut it out but he didn't for that would give the enemy a chance. Finally he burst out loud, his voice sounding warped, "You will put in your place Sith scum!"

Garrick tilted his head and chuckled.

He was also relieved that their new allies had arrived. He nodded an acknowledgement to Tiye and her comrades.

"Indeed. I wouldn't like to be in your situation. Last time we let you go too easily."

The rest of the battle faded out to Garrick, as he was completely focused completely on his target. Battle seemed to be miles away in his vision. Only one enemy. An enemy that would soon be a stain on the battlefield.

He raised his blade and began circling, like he often did in a duel.

Andorra raised Chetyrnadtsat, her mind being overwhelmed with an absolute floodtide of emotion. Part of her wanted to kill, kill until there were no more Sith left standing. The other part, however, realized that if she gave in to that dark and insidious craving, there would be no Jedi left standing, either--not by the time she was through. Tears sprang to her eyes, and the Avalonian maiden closed them tightly. No weakness. Not now.

She suddenly heard a voice inside her mind, calm yet calculating. Would it help her?

This...state you have, this powerful subconscious method of being which you deem 'sublustrum', can provide an immense measure of protection against foes who are skilled in the Force. Be mindful--the further you sink into it, for it has four levels--the more violently you will react to situations, as your heart races and your mind seethes. If you do not temper this state with some sort of calm, then you will die. Keep your eyes closed. This is the first level, when all is red, the one in which you touched Virul. Find your mother's shadow in the crimson tide, and you shall find her form as well.

Andorra shivered as a sudden thought came to her:

By the time we reach Virul, I shall be in the fourth level of 'sublustrum.' I know it--!

Tonatius felt a wave of rage spill over him and he cried out and lunged forward in attack. Tiye noticed and tried to stop him but it was then she noticed somethign was off and she could tell by the eyes. She looked at Andorra who seemed to be under control but she wondered how this was going to last. She said to the Mandalorian, "I think we may be in trouble."

Archived