Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part V: The Threefold War

Alkonium

Andros, having followed Komad, relayed, "As much as I admire your courage to rescue your wife, I would feel more comfortable if the odds were better in our favor."

Tyrannus grinned and added, "And not only that, he brought the taint of Avalon with him as well though I would have preferred the younger ones." He looked at Wrath groceling at his feet and added, "You'll find Virul that loyalty to family can be a one's undoing."

Tonatius, startled but not showing it replied, "We were waiting for you. Where's Andorra?"

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garrick sighed and checked the time.

"Durrel, Kajumo, contact our forces, get us some extraction. Zero hour is near, and we need to be ready. Most of Barek's forces may be gathered by now. It's been interesting watching the prisoner, but we have other things to attend to. Garrick out."

With that, the 3 of them left the room for the outside of the Enclave, to begin the gathering of the clans.

Konig's ears perked up at the sound of his captor's unique song. He couldn't understand it, but there was something oddly...familiar to it, though it didn't matter.

He tried to push it out of his head, but it frequently kept coming back.

He was about to ask about it, or tell the man to shut up, when he noticed the Mandalorians begin to leave.

He looked to the man, "What are they doing?"

"I think she's still talking to Jun-la about her sonic resonator. Something like that is too volatile, even for the battlefield." Kalla told them, a worried, yet inquisitive look then taking over. "Do you really think we're ready for this? We're attacking the heart of the New Empire, possibly the most fortified planet in the galaxy, and you, my brother, and I aren't even in our twenties yet. I'm not a Jedi Knight yet, and my brother hasn't even been an Apprentice that long."

After landing on the roof of the fortress, Komad explained his plan to Andros. "We should split up, and try to figure out the layout of the place. Then, as soon as possible, we head for the detention level, assuming that's where Virul is keeping the governor." Then, he activated his lightsaber, cut a hold in the roof, and jumped in.

Tavaryn had seen the Mandalorians leave but he didn't move and kept right on singing. Only when the prisoner asked a question did he pause. He replied, "What possible interest does a man have for another's leaving if it doesn't pertain to him?" He then reverted back to his singing.

"Well considering that our galaxy and Miako's galaxy are threatened by the same force, it seems inevitable that we come to a clash," Tonatius replied. Oh yes he knew he was young but ever since his father died, he and his brother have watched out for their mother. He had lived a grown man's life for a few years now. Jun-la had been an adult since the early days of Ben Skywalker's training. It seemed as if Avalonians were destined to become adults before physical maturity.

As if thinking that Tiye added, "Some have been forced to take on the role of adults. You have Kalla with you coming with us on this quest. Your brother will be forced as well. Is it not true that a Jedi's life is sacrifice?"

Andros couldn't get a word out as Komad jumped in, leaving him there. "Damn impulsive," he muttered. To split up was fool hardy considering that they had no idea of the layout. He sighed as he focused on the Force to find his sister. He could feel her physical state weak but her spirit in the Force was as strong as ever. and he could sense something else. focusing he sent Greea, is that you?

Andros?

Where are you?

In a ventilation shaft overlooking your sister's prison. Where I don't know.

Okay. Komad and I can find you both. Can you focus to send a beacon through the Force to us?

I'll try.

As much as Andros disliked the word try when it came to the Force, he knew it was the best he had to work with. Greea was still learning as well as Komad and every other Jedi around. Being a Jedi was a learning process and as the Avalonian masters said, what took days to understand takes a lifetime to master. He sighed and sent through the Force to Komad, Komad, I found your wife.

Thank you, it's been a long time since I've seen her. Komad sent back. Feeling her presence, he attempted to navigate through the vents to find her. Finally finding her, he whispered, "I've missed you."

"I don't think I've ever really met your brother, Tonatius. What's he like?" Kalla inquired. She had always wondered why Tonatius rarely mentioned his brother. She also wondered how much time they'd have to train. The ship probably wasn't far from Bastion now.

With a few quick motions, Andorra calibrated her blade, Chetyrnadtsat, so that only a setting of 14 would work--and only in the presence of Lord Virul. People, and 'people' who were not exactly 'living' in the sense that she was, had frequencies, known in ancient times as auras. She had sensed Virul's, albeit faintly, and she knew that if she activated the resonator, either his head would explode or he'd have a serious concussion that would cause insanity. She sheathed the blade and prepared to move out.

Konig raised an eyebrow at his captor.

"Why should I wonder? We are war. And the Mandalorians are on your side. If I know Mandos correctly, when they leave, they leave for battle, and they are against my side. The next battle pertains to my army, to my comrades, and therefore, to me."

Konig stood again, and began to pace back and forth, thinking on what he should do. He needed to get to his HQ at Bastion.

He looked to his captor, "I'll tell you what. You let me out, and I'll tell you what you want to know. Just don't cause any problems for my leave."

It was a weak attempt, but something needed to be tried.

"I'll be taking that blade you hold as well..."

Garrick led Durrel and Kajumo outside of the Enclave and looked up.

As expected, a massive capital ship had cruised from space, and settled in a hover near the Enclave.

Garrick leaned to the right and looked up into space, and to his delight, he could see it was filled with many...perhaps hundreds of Mandalorian starships.

"Barek is ready, it would seem. Prepare the troops for embarkation."

Durrel nodded, "Yessir."

Admiral Velerc has just come out of hyperspace, and the bridge of the Super-Star Destroyer was filled with activity.

The Admiral stood quietly, though, watching Bastion through a viewport.

Suddenly something caught his eyes, a small speck had descended on the planet.

He looked to the First Officer.

"Lieutenant Caruden. Get me a systems report on the ship that we just saw."

"Yes sir, checking stats."

A few minutes later the First Officer looked up again.

"Admiral, we have identified the ship as a class 38 of the X-wing division of starships."

"An X-38......the New Republic...."

Velerc looked down at the planet again.

"Sound for battle-stations and send down a warning to Bastion's main garrison. It is in there hands....and they are far more capable as of right now."

"Yes, Admiral Velerc."

"Still intend to use sonic resonators I see." Jun-la looked at Andorra was a gentle smile. "Still I cannot change your mind and I know well the magicks of auras. Just be wary that this decision may be based out of a desire for revenge." She then withdrew Sanglumina and held it ready. She then said, "Adjustments need time therefore let us practice now. Dance we must." She waited for Andorra to observe the proper rules of sword battle.

"My brother looks like me but my exact opposite," Tonatius admitted. He hadn't spoken of his family since this journey began and since he was among friends he felt he could do so. "He stayed to defend Mother on the water world, her home and I chose to face the threat directly." He withdrew the sword he had and turned to face Kalla. He raised it in formal acceptance. He knew she would use her lightsaber but he wasn't afraid of it.

Tiye had heard this story before of brothers torn apart by their sense of duty yet she sensed that they had agreed upon it. They knew where the danger was at bothe ends and each took a side. She went to play referee and said, "Brothers who know where to lay defenses are wise. They recognize the hardness that comes but they still retain loyalty."

"Indeed," Tonatius replied as he sword began to clash with Kalla's lightsaber. Sparks flew off but he was used to it. "We agreed to separate to honor Father's request."

Greea greeted her husband with a reserved, "Indeed it has been too long Husband. We must not linger. We must make our way through the fortress and lay traps. If we walk in there, vile creatures will come at every turn."

Perhaps it was the weight of darkness or the urgency of the situation but Greea rarely if ever spoke in that manner. As much as she wanted sentiment, there was no time. "Where is Master Starlighter?"

Tavaryn raised his brow in amusement. It was all he could do to kept from laughing. He replied, "Let you out so you can warn your comrades at Bastion? Katarn taught me better than that." He then chuckled as he sat back down in his seat. He then began to sing a tune about a warrior foolish enough to trust the serpent. It was in Avalonian but it suited the occassion.

Wrath was pleased that Tyrannus was willing to help him. Wrath had a lot on his mind like what the Gen'Dai history was. He also wanted to know why they are nearly invincible and for that matter how there are only a few left. What bother him most of all was why he was told he was something he was not. Wrath stayed down on the ground but looked up at Tyrannus.

"Lord Tyrannus, you are very wise. Do you know what happened to the Gen'Dai and why there are so few left?"

"As with any life form, it has its season to exist and then cease to exist. It is the way of things," Tyrannus replied stating the obvious. He was amused at the groveling but his mind was more focused on the prey falling into the web. They thought they had the upper hand but it merely was an illusion like anything else.

"All I know is he's somewhere in the vents. The Republic fleet's on its way as well. If we can take out the defences, this has the potential to be an attack the New Empire may never recover from." Komad explained. "The ships we came in are all one man fighters. We'll have to wait to get the governor off this planet anyway."

"You still miss him a lot, don't you? I remember Master Skywalker mention once that he wants you to have your father's lightsaber, but he hasn't had the chance to give it to you. It's still in a vault at the Jedi Temple." Kalla commented, parrying a swing from Tonatius' sword.

Konig sighed and sat back down. There was probably no way to convince the Avalonian. He had no cards to play. The Mandalorians and their Avalonian allies were no doubt already on their way to Bastion. But Perhaps Admiral Velerc and the Fleet would be enough to stop the incoming attack.

He had no reason left to keep anything left, his comrades dead, his honor, completely gone with capture, and Bastion, it's secrets would soon be revealed one way or another. And for what cause? A New Emperor? Even Konig, completely indoctrinated, did not believe that.

He frowned and bit a lip in thought.

He looked back up at the man.

"Okay. What do you need to know," Konig said, completely resigned.

"Send Death's Hand to the far side of the system, along with what remains of Task Force Beta 3."

Admiral Velerc had summoned the entire fleet to Bastion, he feared that a large attack may come here, ever since seeing the X-38 land on the surface.

The First Officer nodded, "Yes Grand Admiral Velerc, Death's Hand will come out of hyperspace into position. Beta 3 will follow suite."

"Good..good....."

Velerc pointed at the holographic rendition of Bastion in front of him.

"We'll pull three task forces into the center. The Republic always enjoys central attacks when they have friends on the surface."

"But sir, what if their are Mandalorians?"

"True....my old student Barek hardly lets his prey go without a massive fight. I think he will be there. That is why Second Fleet, with their new 45 Star-destroyers, 15 attack frigates, 2 Super-Star Destroyers, and 10 Pellaeon-Class Star Destroyers, will remain near one of the nearby stars, where their presence will be hidden...."

The First Officer caught on, "...until the opportune moment, sir?"

"Exactly. You're learning fast, Caruden. Keep at this rate and you'll make Captain soon."

"Thank you, sir."

Velerc walked over to the viewport over Bastion.

"Send a second dispatch to the surface. See if they can move any faster in killing the occupants of the X-38s."

"Yes, Grand Admiral Velerc.

"And what of the rest of the Belosians? If Master Starlighter is here, they will soon follow," Greea asked. She knew that the Belosians would follow Andros blindly for he was a natural leader as well as his daughter. Perhaps she would be coming as well.

"We are brothers. We are from the same cloth," Tonatius replied as if it were an obvious thing. With a quick maneuver he speed up leaving an iridescent green trail behind him as he gave a quick power attack with his sword. "As for the lightsaber, as great an honor it is, Father 's blade should remain in the temple."

Tavaryn was not easily fooled. Even though the prisoner showed signs of defeat, that didn't mean that he had a trick or two up his sleeve. He replied, "Strong it is to admit defeat but difficult to prove sincerity."

(Actually, CQ, they were already on a ship en route to Bastion)

"They, and the Mandalorian fleet, are on their way from Amshrey. They shouldn't be long." Komad explained. "How close are we to the governor now?"

"You could fight well with a lightsaber. You know you come from a long line of Jedi on your father's side of the family." Kalla commented. "Did you hear that? I think we've come out of hyperspace." Shortly after, Reyvan's voice came over the comm. "We've decided to rendezvous with the Republic fleet before we attack Bastion." Kalla looked out a nearby porthole and saw several of the Republic's new Sekot-class Star Destroyers.

"Right here," Greea indicated. She pointed at the vent that looked down into the cell. "No way in without causing alarm." She gave a look that clearly said not to try the lightsaber.

"Mother knows these ways as well," Tonatius revealed. "She was a student before she decided to follow her heart. At least that's how the story goes. Master Starlighter knows more about that." He didn't reveal that he knew a bit about lightsaber techniques. His father was a Jedi for Force's sake but he was more like his mother who preferred blades.

He felt the rumble as the ship dropped out of hyperspace. They were joined by Kalla's brother Andros who said, "The Republic fleet is here but there are also some ships I've never seen before. They look like that they can glide through water."

((Oh.....sorry, I misunderstood. Thanks, Alkonium!:D))

Konig looked at the man and frowned.

These people just don't know when they've won...or lost. I think we're in a stalemate.

He sighed, "And how do I prove my sincerity? Hmmm? If you tell me I will do it, and prove that I'm willing to give you the information."

Konig hoped that that would be enough, this whole interrogation was beginning to wear on him.

Garrick, Durrel, Kajumo, and the rest of the Mandalorian contingent, had boarded Admiral Barek's ship quickly. They entered hyperspace with the rest of the massive Mandalorian fleet.

Garrick stood next to his brother.

Barek chuckled, "You know....last time you were on this bridge was the day Father was trying to declare you Mand'alor."

Garrick nodded, "Yes....I remember, and I turned him down. For good reason, I still have much to learn."

"As we all do..."

The two brothers were silent for a time.

Barek broke the silence, "We still have no Mand'alor....you can still reclaim the throne."

Garrick nodded, "I know that. BUt...."

"But what, Vode? What can possibly be holding back the Mandalorian Empire from return?"

Garrick sighed, "I have encountered the descendants of Mand'alor the Preserver, Canderous Ordo. They have established their clan on the Avalonian sector, Amshrey, more specifically."

Barek nodded, "Then the clans have not been completely gathered...."

"No, they have not."

"After the battle, Garrick, we should find the leader of the Ordo Clan. We will discuss an agreement that will combine the clans. Do you know their Mand'alor?"

"Yes....and she is more then capable."

"A woman? That was....unexpected. Rather unheard of in Mando'yaim clans."

"As I said, she is more then capable. She could be an excellent ally, despite your prejudices on leadership, brother. I believe it is time that Mandalorians should move past such things."

"Agreed. I meant no offense, Garrick, merely an observation..."

Suddenly, Durrel came up from one of the command trenches and stood next to Garrick.

"Sir, we will arrive at Bastion in 5 standard minutes."

"Excellent, prepare a ground force."

Durrel saluted as Garrick walked to the edge of the bridge and stared out at the never-ending void of space.

"It doesn't matter much since we know where Bastion is and have some idea of defenses," Tavaryn replied. He really didn't know but he knew his brother went ahead with Komad and they had been transmitting data back to the fleet. "Still if you want to confess, you can pour your heart out."

Andros wandered through cautiously in the vents. It was slow work and a complicated maze. He knew that Komad found his wife and they were with his sister. He wanted to get there as well but the way he chose was like trying to navigate the canyons of Vrijion on Mikkado.

He knew that impatience wasn't going to get him anywhere and he came to the conclusion that the vents were not connected to the part Komad and Greea were in. He made his way to what seemed like an empty room and kicked the grating out. He jumped out and began surveying his surroundings. Concentrating on the Force he let the Force guide him through the walkways.

He came to a chasm that was only crossable by a bridge and he sensed that there were troopers and hordesmen on the other side. He sighed and tried to figure out what to do. Coming up with an idea, he started off down the bridge.

"The New Empire will most likely have half their fleet waiting on the edge of the system to ambush us. We can counter this by only sending in a portion of the fleet at first, and then, once they spring the trap, the rest will arrive. If Komad and Greea can disable the planetary defences, our fighters can focus on their Star Destroyers." Reyvan explained. "With the Mandalorian fleet ahead of us, we should be able to catch them off guard."

"I'm not too sure what those are either, brother." Kalla commented, still partially in awe. She had never really seen so many Republic Star Destroyers in one place, and definitely not the Sekot-class. They were top of the line, and armed to the teeth. They were similar in design to their predecessor, the Anakin-class Star Destroyer, though they had nearly doubled in length, the command tower had been brought closer to its base, and was now capable of separating in the event of an emergency.

"Even so, there has to be something we can to help, even if we can't safely get the governor out right now." Komad pointed out.

"Three Jedi have infiltrated the facility, including the Rodian harlot I sent you after and her filthy half-breed husband. Find them, and kill them. On second thought, bring them to me alive. I want the pleasure of killing them myself." Virul told Wrath. "Don't fail me again, Wrath, or you'll wish you weren't so indestructible." Then, a New Imperial officer approached Virul. "My Lord, we've detected several ships approaching from hyperspace." He explained. "The Republic?" Virul inquired. "No, my Lord, Mandalorian." He clarified. "Fascinating." Virul commented.

"They are Avalonian ships. From the water world," Tonatius explained. "That means my mother and brother are here." He should have sounded pleased but his voice was more of a matter of fact tone, as if he were relaying information to an army. He kept his feelings of joy at seeing his family deep inside.

Tiye, trying to spare him from explaining himself said, "I have to agree that they are Avalonian and they do have the tell tale symbols of the water world. They are beautiful."

Alkéa walked to meet her husband and reported, "The Avalonians are here though it is not as big a force as I imagined. They did request that my Rogue Squadron lead in their ships. Something about charging the defenses."

"Perhap you should tell the Lord that they are here?" Tyrannus suggested, reminding Virul that he had a higher master. "They are ones that he wants and I think he would like to see you kill them."

"Perhaps we could help but we would end up in a situation not favorable. We should stick to the battle plan. We locate and wait for the fleet." Greea looked at her husband that pleaded patience.

(OOC: Where is Andorra right now? Sorry!)

Virul. In her bones, she could feel him. In her mind, she could sense him. In her soul, she could touch him. Most of all, in her rage, she could kill him. If there was one scratch on her foster mother, the Governor of Avalon, when she arrived as part of the rescue brigade, Andorra would make the Dark Lord of the Sith pay. Not only would he not survive the encounter with her, but his essence, his soul, would be erased. Extinguished. Wiped out utterly.

She practiced combat moves with Chetyrnadtsat, her newly-treasured blade. Andorra knew that Virul would most likely wield a lightsaber, but this would more than do in order to parry and riposte his attacks. Licking her lips, the Avalonian maiden suddenly thought of her love for Kalla. She shuddered.

I must not think of that now. I must think only of Mother, and Virul.

Without the hot core of fury rising up and melting down within her, she would be as weak and dependent as she always was. She would never be so again.

(I'm guessing a cargo hold on the ship, most likely a different one from the cargo hold that Kalla and Tonatius are practising in. Also, the ship has just come out of hyperspace in order to rendezvous with the Republic fleet and she'd have felt it)

Once the ship had come out of hyperspace, Kalla looked around for Andorra, feeling that they need to speak again before the attack on Bastion. "I hope you're ready, we don't have much time left to prepare. We're going to dock at the Republic Star Destroyer Omas and attack Bastion from there. Maybe when this is all over..." Kalla's thoughts lingered there, unsure of how to finish that sentence.

"Yes, he should be here." Virul replied, still expressing disgust at the thought of having to answer to someone.

"I know. When I contacted the fleet, I spoke directly with the rest of your squadron; they're waiting for you on the Star Destroyer Omas." Reyvan replied, pointing to the Star Destroyer the ship was approaching.

The Mandalorian ships sprang out of hyperspace, just in time to see a Super-Star destroyer and a large fleet of Pellaeon-Class Star-Destroyers.

Barek shook his head, "Bad odds."

Garrick chuckled, "Remember, the Warrior Spirit does not believe in odds...."

"Now you sound like a kriffin' smuggler...or a bounty hunter..."

"Both."

Barek smiled, but began issuing orders to the crew, assembling the massive Mando'a fleet.

"Garrick, you must get your battle-group ready! I'll try my best to bombard the surface and take on the Super-Star Destroyer. It will be difficult, but we must hold until our Republic friends arrive."

Garrick nodded,"I'll get moving time is of the essence..."

He walked off the bridge, Durrel close behind.

Barek turned to the viewports again.

"I hope the Republic has the same idea."

Wrath was unaware that there was someone higher up than Virul. Virul wanted Wrath to take these jedi down but it appeared this higher Lord wanted Virul to do so. Wrath stood up and bowed to Virul.

"I will only beat them slightly and let you finish them off. That way they experience true fear from the master of darkness. Now about these Mandalorians; say there are some with the jedi, can I kill them?"

Archived