Home

Voter Fraud In Swing States

GarfieldJL

49 workers suspected of election fraud.

Inyri--in WI we are not required to show ID to vote. When I voted in the Dem primaries this spring, I went to my poll, gave the clerk my name, she checked to see if that name was in the book, and she gave me a ballot. That was it.

The only time someone has to show any kind of proof of residency is when they sign up with a person who is allowed to register people to vote, i.e. registrars. Anyone who can legally vote can sign up to be a registrar and register other people to vote--it's quite easy to do, because I was one about 15 years back.

In WI, someone who wants to commit election fraud can do it quite easily. He signs up as a registrar. He fills out a bunch of forms, using fake names and the last 4 digits of a bunch of social security numbers, and fills in addresses that he or his cohorts can receive mail at. WI doesn't cross-check SSNs against names. Say one of these fake people he signs up is Kermit Smith. He signs on the corroborator line saying that he's seen the documents that prove that "Kermit" has residency. He takes all these fake forms down to the county election office. Kermit gets put on the list of registered voters along with all the other fake voters that Mr. Fraud "signed up to vote".

Then all these 'fake voters', including 'Kermit' request absentee ballots. As long as they're already registered to vote in WI, they don't have to provide ID when they send in the ballot, per WI's own election rules. Mr. Fraud and cohorts fill in all these absentee ballots for these fake voters and send them in. Mr. Fraud can also round up a 'friend' to go to the polling place and say he's Kermit, and the nice clerk will look it up in the book, see that Kermit is a registered name, and hand Kermit a ballot. Kermit votes. Kermit has all day to vote in all the other districts where Mr. Fraud has signed up fake voters.

WI unfortunately has a system that makes it wide open for abuse, and the legislature here, sadly, has done very little to fix these problems.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inyri--in WI we are not required to show ID to vote. When I voted in the Dem primaries this spring, I went to my poll, gave the clerk my name, she checked to see if that name was in the book, and she gave me a ballot. That was it.

Same here in Knoxville, TN. All they do is check to see if your name is in "the book". If you're name is there, you get to go push buttons.

If there are any suspected 'discrepancies' they'll ask to see your voter registration card. The scary part is, anyone with half decent Photoshop skills can make one. Mine is a simple brown cardstock (business card) with mundane information and a S.S. number (no picture). Trouble is, they don't cross-check the SS# listed, they just scan the card to see if it 'looks' legit. Not very 'secure' and does little to reassure me it's a deterrent from any fraud. :(

Granted, different states have different methods... but in TN, we have 11 Electoral votes. Definitely not a swing state.. but 11 votes is 11 votes (of 270 needed to win) that, imo, wouldn't be hard to manipulate if you had the resources.

In some states there is no way the situation can be anything other than voter fraud because there are more people registering than to population of the county. See Indianapolis, Indiana.

Oh and ACORN is involved there too.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1209468,obama-indiana-rally-mccain-100808.article

http://texashillblog.wordpress.com/2008/10/06/obamas-most-dangerous-tie-acorn/

Oh and found something all the way back to 1995 that you have to dig through it but there is connections to ACORN brought up.

Obama continues his organizing work largely through classes for future leaders identified by ACORN and the Centers for New Horizons on the south side. Conducting a session in a New Horizons classroom, Obama, tall and thin, looks very much like an Ivy League graduate student. Dressed casually prep, his tie loosened and his top shirt button unfastened, he leads eight black women from the Grand Boulevard community through a discussion of "what folks should know" about who in Chicago has power and why they have it. It's one of his favorite topics, and the class bubbles with suggestions about how "they" got to be high and mighty.

http://www.chicagoreader.com/obama/951208/

And this was back in 1995, kinda shows Obama was more closely tied to ACORN than he and his campaign admit.

ACORN is under investigation in multiple states for Voter Fraud. This is an extremely serious matter.
A Dose of Reality on the ACORN Hysteria
By Zachary Roth - October 13, 2008, 1:09PM

It's worth taking a moment to step back from the slew of charges leveled over the last week at ACORN, the community-organizing group that Republicans and the McCain campaign have been trying to turn into a bogeyman for fears about vote fraud (and, of course, tie to Barack Obama).

The GOP has accused ACORN of submitting fraudulent voter registration forms numbering in the hundreds or thousands, in battleground states including Ohio, Indiana, Nevada, and Missouri.

But the most important point that's getting lost in the Fox-generated hysteria is that, according to voting experts, even when fraudulent voter registration forms are submitted, they virtually never lead to fraudulent votes being cast. Richard Hasen, a law professor at Loyola and an authority on voting law, wrote in a 2007 op-ed published last year in the Dallas Morning News and noted recently by TPM, that "the idea of massive polling-place fraud (through the use of inflated voter rolls) is inherently incredible," because of the sheer logistical challenges it would require to carry out on a large scale.

In many states, ACORN is required by law to turn in all the forms it collects, though the law differs from state to law, according to experts.

ACORN has consistently said that it flags suspicious forms for election officials. Indeed, in Nevada where last week an ACORN office was raided in an investigation headed by the Secretary of State, ACORN was already cooperating with authorities.

According to a statement from the group which has not been disputed by state officials, in July, ACORN set up a meeting with county elections officials and the Secretary of State's office to urge them to take action on information ACORN had provided. Since then, "ACORN has provided officials with copies and--in some cases--second copies of many of the personnel records and the 'problem card packages' and cover sheets with which we originally identified the problem cards."

It's also worth noting that similar allegations were made against ACORN in the last few election cycles, and several investigations were conducted, none of which found evidence of widespread voter fraud. Many of these were conducted by US attorneys, who were pressured by GOP political figures to investigate the issue, then fired after they failed to come up with sufficient evidence.

So as the GOP campaign to make an issue out of ACORN continues -- and we'll be keeping you posted as it does -- remember that the number of fraudulent votes that will be cast in November as a result of the group's voter-registration activities is close to zero. But the number of valid voters who could potentially have obstacles placed in their way of voting, as a result of the Republican campaign, is far larger.

Please PM for the direct source (potential language concerns).

I don't really care what source you're using because the FBI is involved in investigating ACORN, called in by a Democrat from Nevada.

Also you can't tell me that this is a farce, because Indianapolis has more people registered to vote than are eligible to vote in the first place. A 105% voter registration?

You can't tell me that this is a farce because a Federal Judge has stepped in concerning ballots in Ohio.

Given how close elections have been of recent, voter fraud could throw this election in key states.

I addressed this failed argument way back in post #14. I'll simply repeat what I stated there and continue to wait patiently for a response.

Yes and your post 14 doesn't bother to take into account the sources I gathered, nor does it take into account that 105% of eligible voters are registered in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Nor have you addressed the fact that the Obama Campaign donated $800,000 to get out the vote to ACORN.

Yes and your post 14 doesn't bother to take into account the sources I gathered, nor does it take into account that 105% of eligible voters are registered in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Nor have you addressed the fact that the Obama Campaign donated $800,000 to get out the vote to ACORN.

This doesn't address post 14 either. Keep trying.

This doesn't address post 14 either. Keep trying.

Achilles, if you hadn't noticed Yar'El hauled in another source, a liberal one this time that is bringing up voter fraud, also I'm not going to repeat myself from what I said in my first few posts that completely contradict post 14.

A federal judge had to step in on the Ohio Secretary of State trying to get these fraudulent balots through, and there is testimony of ACORN getting people to register as many as 73 times in Ohio.

No, I don't see Yar-El's post, so I wouldn't have noticed.

If you actually understood what post 14 said, you'd realize that it has absolutely nothing to do with your first few posts. FBI investigation. Big...****ing...deal. That's what they do. That's their job. They investigate things. An investigation is not proof of guilt. It's proof of an investigation.

So, please, for the sake of your own credibility, stop waiving around "investigation" as evidence of wrongdoing.

GarfieldJL,

Some of Obama's followers are selectively blind. We can post a massive list of crimes, and a good chunk of Obama's flock will not see the evidence. Achilles must have my posts blocked, but I will not hold anything against him. He doesn't like my comments for some reason, and he is in his own right to ignore me. McCain is not a clean guy either; however, I know where he has been sleeping at night. Anyone votting for Obama after presenting all of our evidence is just blinded. We can list McCain's errors and faults, and they will pitch in on the lynching. Obama's questionable past, affiliations, and actual crimes don't matter to these people. Obama is a problem. Obama is a big problem. I don't think we are doing any justice here.

I still think these folks are genuine; however, I don't see any truth in this particular debate. I give Obama's followers deep respect for conviction. I wish you all good luck on election day. :)

I find this voter fraud 'omg Obama is going to steal the election' business to be rather nonsensical. Why would Obama be concerned about committing voter fraud when every single poll has him up by sizable margins, and seven national polls give him a double digit advantage?

five thirty eight gives McCain a scant 4% chance at winning this election.

I find this voter fraud 'omg Obama is going to steal the election' business to be rather nonsensical. Why would Obama be concerned about committing voter fraud when every single poll has him up by sizable margins, and seven national polls give him a double digit advantage?

five thirty eight gives McCain a scant 4% chance at winning this election.

This election isn't over till election day (if even then with all the other stuff), and the ACORN thing could be a real game changer.

:nod: Even Fox News gives Obama a 46 to 39 margin.

And I've been monitoring other sites, and the ACORN argument is starting to get traction.
Oh? Are any of them not extremely conservative sites? Because it doesn't really matter if the people who were already going to vote for McCain care about ACORN since they were going to vote for him regardless.

Oh? Are any of them not extremely conservative sites? Because it doesn't really matter if the people who were already going to vote for McCain care about ACORN since they were going to vote for him regardless.

So you mean to tell me that people aren't concerned that a candidate for President could be directly complicit in Voter Fraud, remember he paid them $800,000 then mislabled it in his report to the FEC.

I mean to tell you that most people are probably able to look at the polls and numbers and deduce that it is highly unlikely that voter fraud is at all necessary for Obama to win this election by a very sizable margin.

Additionally, I will take your lack of providing of sources to mean that the 'ACORN issue is gaining momentum' statement means that it is gaining momentum among the extremely conservative group who is grasping desperately at straws to try and slow down the momentum that Obama currently has. This of course has little relevance on whether or not it is influencing the undecided voters, which continued polls would indicate it is not.

Additionally, I will take your lack of providing of sources to mean that the 'ACORN issue is gaining momentum' statement means that it is gaining momentum among the extremely conservative group who is grasping desperately at straws to try and slow down the momentum that Obama currently has. This of course has little relevance on whether or not it is influencing the undecided voters, which continued polls would indicate it is not.

QFT

In other related news...

MORE VOTER FRAUD (there is a section for comments here, so please be advised that some language may be inappropriate for children, thank you.) ...interesting quote... The commenters behaved and kept it clean enough so we could leave the link here. :) --Jae

Democrats in the state had gone to court to block the challenges. The Republicans withdrew them before a ruling was made, but not before the judge issued an order charging: "The timing of these challenges is so transparent that it defies common sense to believe the purpose is anything but political chicanery."

:xp:

Archived