Home

Canderis's WIPs

Canderis

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...regarding the Peragus sound changes, I like the new base ambient track. I notice that you also made a skin change to the mining droids to include red blood spots. A good start, though I think that the effect would work better if it looked like actual spatter, and if the red was a full, dark red (maybe maroon, even).

I have to agree with InSidious, though, about the Harbinger tracks as well as the new Peragus battle theme: too much brass, too grandiose. If I were to make a recommendation, I'd say that you should try to find a piece of music that has a dark ambient track, coupled with very pronounced drums, likely slow in tempo and in a foreboding buildup progression.

Might I also point out that the dull blue/grey of the Hanger Bay environment is perfect, and, along with the lightmapping, would also work very well for the rest of the facility.

I think that it's also worth mentioning that, if you considered adding it (as I am fairly certain that you're allowed to do, as long as credit is given), the Harbinger Ghost Ship reskin works very well in tandem with your lightmapping. I actually tried this myself, and got all warm and fuzzy inside, what with how ominous it was. x3

• 2 months later...

Looks very good... the female looks like she was born with a duck's foot for a hand :p Odd that only that portion of the model got botched... but like Dak says, perhaps running it through another time might help that. Too bad MDLOps isn't perfect; but I guess it sure is better than the alternative.

You can try to edit the envelopes for the skin....click on the arm or hand portion of the skin....on the side toolbar, click on editable mesh, then click on vertices...highlight the hand area or where the problem is so the verts turn red...then click on the skin app above editable mesh...click on the edit envelops.....sometimes this works for me, I got this from Khriszby's tutuorial on changing animations, etc...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Looks very intriguing Canderis...interested in seeing how it works.

Even though we've been talking about it on Hssiss, I must confess that I'm curious as to how it works as well. I'm also not even exactly sure "what" it does, though if it is to help skinners like me then I dont really care, i just want it:)

• 1 month later...

Im sorry to say i will be leaving modding for a while, possibly forever. But before i go i plan on completing my tool as seen in this thread. And i also plan to release patches for ALL my mods (that require one)

Starting with the combat suit:

http://minus.com/mbjciCwhsH#1f

It is in game now and working. Expect a release sometime tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived