Home

Canderis's WIPs

Canderis

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm looking to return to modding. Things in my life have calmed down somewhat, and I'm without a hobby, well, at least one that takes up enough time to really matter.

One problem remains to be crushed before i can return, and that is what the hell should I make? Since I have been away for so long, I have no plans to pick up anything I previously started, mostly because I think it was all crap lol. I need ideas. I need good ones.

I want to do something involving new areas, but not too many new areas to overwhelm myself. I'd like people to message me, or post here, ideas on a 5 module maximum mod. Anything goes really. Thanks in advanced. It feels good to be back!

Well I'm looking to return to modding. Things in my life have calmed down somewhat, and I'm without a hobby, well, at least one that takes up enough time to really matter.

One problem remains to be crushed before i can return, and that is what the hell should I make? Since I have been away for so long, I have no plans to pick up anything I previously started, mostly because I think it was all crap lol. I need ideas. I need good ones.

I want to do something involving new areas, but not too many new areas to overwhelm myself. I'd like people to message me, or post here, ideas on a 5 module maximum mod. Anything goes really. Thanks in advanced. It feels good to be back!

It's good to have you back.

• 8 months later...

Nice saberhilt there Canderis!

Why don't you go for a very basic mod that involves new modules.

Most planets in the K-games are made of:

- A hub/ landing zone. A place where the Ebon-Hawk or a shuttle can be parked. Fling in a few spaces for a shop or 2 and a Cantina of sorts.

- Follow up with 3 to 4 area models needed for the main quest; Focus on the main quest, keep that one sort of straight to do and don't get bogged down with to many little side quests.

It's what I'm trying to do with my Nar Shaddaa idea. Though I'm already falling in my own devoius ambitious nature. To many clubs to be added :lol:

Owh, model areas that have a subject that really interests you. Sith or Mandalorian, both have had differant planets occupied. IRC, the Sith had this fortress on an icey cold planet. It's a bit easier to model if you have sort of theme going.

• 5 months later...

I'd like to apologize to everyone here, especially my team mates in my still as-of-yet unannounced project for not having the update I had planned on presenting on Halloween night completed. I'm in the process of finding/apping to colleges at the moment and I have not had as much time as I had anticipated to do much of anything lately. I promise I do intend to complete some good quality mods here still. I won't leave modding until I am thoroughly satisfied with what I have contributed to this community. I intend to actually release something of worth. I'm sorry for my recent absence. Soon I shall return with a vengeance.

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone! Been awhile since I've been around, and I think it will remain that way. I have one last thing I feel is necessary for me to do before I call it quits. I have been in the process of updating my old mods that I feel are still of any worth, which is a unfortunately short list. I have spent far more time here making promises and starting projects that really did not have hope of being finished. I apologize for that.

Anyways, the mini-updates I have made for my mods are available at my new website, canderis.com, and I do believe I have one last mod worthy of an update, my hood mod. Such a poorly put together release that was. It deserves an update, and I do believe that needs to be done before I finally call it quits.

If there has been any other of my mods you all feel is worthy of an update, please let me know. I only will be hosting my mods that are completed in a final form, and does not embarrass me on my site.

Anyways, one final question for everyone:

Would you prefer my hoods to work in the way they currently do, as in a helmet item that has been colored for the standard robes, or one in which they allow a helmet still, and is compatible with any custom robe skins, but the hood will always be up.

Anyways let me know what you all think.

Thanks,

Canderis

Archived