Home

Michael Moore's take on the results

Nedak

No, It was founded on the proposition that all men are created equal. It was founded on being free from tyranny. I am not denying that those things happened. That would be uninformed(and dishonest). However to claim it was founded on that is an outright lie. It;s like saying that the freeway system was founded on stealing personal land. While it happened it was not how it was created.

I guess I should correct myself.

It BUILT off of those things. They aren't the foundation of what we have today, but without those elements we would not be here as a nation.

Same difference to me. He also went through rehab to clean up. Moore hasn't made efforts to clean himself up.

I'm not sure if Moore has a drug problem, but I do applaud Limbaugh for getting clean (if he did).

I'll say it again. I HATE Michael Moore. I'm NOT in any way defending that man, I'm just trying to show that he is AS BAD as Limbaugh.

I guess I should correct myself.

It BUILT off of those things. They aren't the foundation of what we have today, but without those elements we would not be here as a nation.

I was answering how Moore saying that our nation was "founded on genocide and built on the backs of slaves"

In truth our country was built more on being really good negotiators more than anything. Land grabs and trickery. Texas was um... borrowed indefinately without permission by the people Mexico invited to come in. But what about all of the innovations we brought. Do they mean nothing because a small percentage owned slaves?

And don't kid yourself about the Native American tribes. They were killing each other long before we got there. Oh and I'm part Cherokee(probably explains my temper haha).

And don't kid yourself about the Native American tribes. They were killing each other long before we got there. Oh and I'm part Cherokee(probably explains my temper haha).

Yes, but they weren't spreading small pox to eachother.

As am I.

But I guess that's all off-topic.

For instance, I know Jae is a liberal, but I don't believe Jae hates America, far from it.

Jae is a moderate, Garfield.

Yes, there is such a thing in this country, this group is growing larger by the minute and the first of the two major political parties to start courting it will win nearly every election thereafter. You'd think that they would have figured this out by now, instead of always forcing us to choose the lesser of two evils.

Read: There's big work to do whispering in Pelosi's ear to get what I want done before a conservative backlash hits us square in the eyes in 2 years when we go too far with our ultra-left agenda.

Exactly what will happen. This constant seesawing won't stop until we get an actual moderate candidate with a moderate platform. I thought that McCain could be that candidate. Instead, he chose to run as McSame and it cost him the election.

I wonder if he's related to windu6/windu chi?

Wait a minute: I thought he was windu chi. :p

Jae is a moderate, Garfield.

Jae isn't exactly a moderate the closest to moderate you could go is several points left of center.

Yes, there is such a thing in this country, this group is growing larger by the minute and the first of the two major political parties to start courting it will win nearly every election thereafter. You'd think that they would have figured this out by now, instead of always forcing us to choose the lesser of two evils.

So taking money from terrorist groups isn't more evil than happening to be in the same party as Bush?

Exactly what will happen. This constant seesawing won't stop until we get an actual moderate candidate with a moderate platform. I thought that McCain could be that candidate. Instead, he chose to run as McSame and it cost him the election.

Okay this is something that gotten very annoying, McCain does not equal Bush, if anything the two of them can't stand each other. I don't think McCain has forgiven Bush for taking potshots at his daughter and his wife in 2000. The two of them have some agreement on policies, but not how to manage things.

In all honesty, if McCain had been President these last eight years we probably would have been out of Iraq last year at the latest with Iraq as a stable country, instead we had tweedly dee wonder dummy botching the entire situation for several years (and Kerry would have been even worse). We also probably wouldn't have been in this financial mess or if we were we'd know who all was responsible because McCain would have had the scalps of those responsible on his desk.

This thread is full of idiots, Michael Moore is a bit of a douchebag but you people are seriously out of reality with these statements. The man may be a ****in weirdo but at least he's putting it out in a tolerable and easy to view format.

Wah.

Don't look at me...

I'm just here eaten meh turkey.

Jae isn't exactly a moderate the closest to moderate you could go is several points left of center.

Apparently you haven't read half as many of her posts as I have. ;)

So taking money from terrorist groups isn't more evil than happening to be in the same party as Bush?

Truth be told, an election is all about what people are willing to believe, reality notwithstanding. With all of the rampant Bush-hate the worst thing McCain could have done was tow the party line, which is exactly what he did and it cost him the election.

Okay this is something that gotten very annoying, McCain does not equal Bush, if anything the two of them can't stand each other. I don't think McCain has forgiven Bush for taking potshots at his daughter and his wife in 2000. The two of them have some agreement on policies, but not how to manage things.

See above.

In all honesty, if McCain had been President these last eight years we probably would have been out of Iraq last year at the latest with Iraq as a stable country, instead we had tweedly dee wonder dummy botching the entire situation for several years (and Kerry would have been even worse). We also probably wouldn't have been in this financial mess or if we were we'd know who all was responsible because McCain would have had the scalps of those responsible on his desk.

There is no doubt in my mind that McCain would have prosecuted the war on terror better than Bush. For starters he would have kicked that fool Rumsfeld to the curb as soon as his incompetence made itself known. This is a moot point now, however, as is any argument based on what-ifs.

Oh, yeah @topic: Moore is an idiot. :D

Archived