Home

[K1]Ryloth Planet Mod

HK-42

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks awesome, Rev! :xp: (That's redone from the Unknown World Enclave, right? Took me a minute to recognize it...or misrecognize it. :lol:)

Lordreven999 made that reskin, not rev. Rev isn't even on the team. Also it's koriban landing pad.

Anyway great jon LR

Looks awesome, Rev! :xp: (That's redone from the Unknown World Enclave, right? Took me a minute to recognize it...or misrecognize it. :lol:)

Actually,Endorenna,I made the skins from a three of textures I have and none of them look like sand or even close to soil.It was exciting making these new skins.And nice avatar Endorenna.Btw,Thx everyone for the good comments.And Hk-42 do you think these new skins look better than previous one.

You'll need to fix the wall texture, its not tile-able, you get this hard edge at its top.

This tutorial might help you with that LR999: Creating Seamless Tiles. You can also search for more tutorials like it, there are plenty of them on the good ol' net.

Actually,Endorenna,I made the skins from a three of textures I have and none of them look like sand or even close to soil.It was exciting making these new skins.

BittBox seems to have a lot of good tutorials, brushes and patterns. These might help you out as well: Grungy Paper tutorial & Reverse Grunge tutorial. There are also a lot of goodies to download there, as I just found out.

• 2 weeks later...

My First real reskin.

Comments? Open to ANY Ideas, something dosent seem right.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
beta.jpg

By the way this isn't Ryloth. This is a miniplanet that you will go to before getting to ryloth. Its called Ansion(look it up on wikipedia)

I made this using some skins I found online and some of Quanon's Taris Textures.

EDIT: Updated pic wrong one above left out counter table.

Show spoiler
beta2.jpg

HK-42 nice first try of skinning.Mine was worse I think.Btw,I can retouch the reskin you made of anison.Let me know if you are willing to send the ansion textures to me.

Hey LR haven't been able to talk to you in a while. Ill send you the textures when I get home I'm on it iPod. Hopefully you can fix the lightmap too.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why LR didnt post these here but here is the skin he made to a slave room on Ansion, owned by a crime lord.

Show spoiler
SL2.jpg

Show spoiler
SL1.jpg

I have been hard at work with quests and placeables/people recently, and am starting working on the room above right now.

EDIT: Before you ask, yes that is dried blood....

Just one question about the dried blood - why is it 15-20 ft. up on the ceiling? Unless they unleashed a rancor in the room that threw people up there, why put the blood all the way up the wall? Just an idea for more realism. I don't know if you can have multiple textures on a wall or not, but it would definitely look a lot more realistic if there was a way to do that.

Also, I think that making the rock walls darker in those hallways that you have the Selkath in would make it better too. Not make the room dark, just the wall texture.

Just one question about the dried blood - why is it 15-20 ft. up on the ceiling? Unless they unleashed a rancor in the room that threw people up there, why put the blood all the way up the wall? Just an idea for more realism. I don't know if you can have multiple textures on a wall or not, but it would definitely look a lot more realistic if there was a way to do that.

Also, I think that making the rock walls darker in those hallways that you have the Selkath in would make it better too. Not make the room dark, just the wall texture.

Its all one texture sadly. As for the landing, I will see about that soon I am working on Ansion(planet you go to before Ryloth) right now, bout to go back to ryloth.

@DP: Yeah I just saw that last night. Looks cool, glad to see LA and Me had almost the same general idea of what Ryloth was like.

Well Im officially recruiting someone...I can do it, I just hate doing it,

I need a lightmapper...its pretty easy, simple editing hue saturation till you get a good color...but most models have like 30 of them, which gets a bit tidious, but once you have the desired setting it goes alot faster.

If you know how please contact me!

• 1 year later...

I have the outline I created for this mod and the materials he sent me. However, as per community rules I cannot release them without HK-42's permission as the materials are his and the outline partially so (his general ideas, me taking them and turning them into specifics).

I'd appreciate it if a moderator could clarify the outline part (I'm not sure about the exact ruling around here). If I have true ownership of the outline, then I'd be happy to release it to whoever wants to make this mod a reality. However, if it belongs to HK-42, then I can't release it unless he reappears and gives permission.

In other words, I'm lost. :p

I'll rule that as long as you give HK-42 acknowledgment for some of the ideas you used creating your outline, you're good to go. The outline you wrote is yours.

Thanks for clearing that up!

With this problem resolved, if someone wants to take up Ryloth PM me. My only requirement is that you have some modding experience or knowledge, simply out of virtue that I'd prefer for this mod to not die a second time. Otherwise, the only other requirement is to list HK-42 in the credits of the mod, as Jae indicated.

Archived