Home

[K1]Ryloth Planet Mod

HK-42

Very nice work nice reskin of the room from Taris, Just a couple of thoughts:

The door in the room looks a bit new-ish perhaps it could be a made to look a bit

scruffier like the rest of the room.

The piles of sand drifted agents the side of the building in the Tattoine reskins look very odd as they are a different colure.

I was wondering when someone would find this.Yeah,Jammy,I know about it but just because I am working on other parts of the area it doesn't mean I am not going to fix these problems.I have left these minor things for last stage,because I am focusing on making the reskins of all the areas first and then revisiting and making changes as necessary.

Edit:HK-42,how about this head I just reskinned for the twilek jedi?Anyways ignore the sith uniform as I was using uthura ban's appearance to check the head.

greenishtry.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@LR: Yea that one is great!(As I told you at Team Hssiss Chat)

@Other: I have added 2 things I need help with. So if you can do these or one of the originals up in the first post tell me. The new ones are: Waypoints and Swoop Scripts.

And for the Good Stuff: I have a new module I am almost done with, it is the Swoop Area(and the track) I'll get a screenie of it when I'm done.

Cheers!

here is a screenshot of the new Wookiee you asked for. He's grey, but not as old looking as my playable Wookiee. I gave him dark blue eyes, and a unique robe with some detailed trim. Let me know if there are any changes that you'd like to see.

kilokcd3.th.jpg

I would have had it up sooner, but I'm having some problems getting it in-game as a unique appearance.

Edit: now that I'm seeing it in game, I'm thinking that he might be more of a salt & pepper colour (black & white mixed together), not actually grey. I could probably tweek that a bit.

EDIT:HK-42 have a look at these.Btw.there seems to be a problem with changing the skybox.Few buildings still remain as if they are part of the module.I tried every skybox to remove those remaining buildings but it didn't work.And on thing more the part of skybox that changed,it needs a custom made skybox.I will tell you details when you are online at msn.

:lol:, those buildings are a part of the model.

No matter what skybox changes you do they"ll stay there :)

Perhaps as a bit more long work around, is to make a "skybox" placeable.

Is it the full apartment ring you use, or only really one apartment ?

Else you would have to reskin the windows, to closed wall, or just sort of dark glass.

Else you would have to reskin the windows, to closed wall, or just sort of dark glass.

That module is just the base you use when on taris, there for it is only 1 module

Well,Quanon I also found out that it was a part of the model.Btw,how to make a skybox placeable.Btw,its only one apartment.

And if everything else fails I can close the window:xp:.

@LR:

I think what you would need to do, is create a box in Max, (smaller than the actual skybox but larger than the apartment) and texture it as you would a regular skybox.

Then export it normally as you would, then add an entry in placeables.2da for your model, then make a utp that uses your new entry.

Enter the placeable in the .git file of your area, at 0.00, 0.00, 0.00 (this is where it's important to get the size right) and voila!

I assume that's how it would work anyways.

Try it and see! ;)

Brief Update on whats happened:

LordRevan999 is working on some reskins of the modules, and has made a Character skin as well.

Canderis has been doing some 2da editing to get the appearences in game.

Darth Me has been doing some character skins.

And Marius Fett has been making a NEW Module for the Jedi Apartment as we had a problem with the window.

Meanwhile Ive been working on the Swoop Area. And made a moddb page. Here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/ryloth-planet-mod

By the way: HAPPY NEW YEARS

@LR:

I think what you would need to do, is create a box in Max, (smaller than the actual skybox but larger than the apartment) and texture it as you would a regular skybox.

Try it and see! ;)

You got it !

Infact you would only need about 2 planes. One for up and one for the front.

The sizes would be a bit problematic, perhaps a cylinder would be better as thing would be close to the windows... méh, I see this has come obsolete...

Plus it was a rather idiotic way around :lol:

Do your best MF !

Actually that is only a few cities. The city I chose had no information on it except it is on Ryloth.

While it is an interesting idea, there have been numerous books involving Ryloth.

Ryloth's orbit about its sun is similar to how our moon orbits the Earth, the same side always facing the object it orbits.

Side that Always faces the star it orbits: This part would be extremely hot, it could almost make Tatooine look like a winter ski resort in comparison temperature-wise.

Side that is always turned away from the star it orbits: This part would be extremely cold, because the planet has an atmosphere it wouldn't be absolute darkness but you get the idea. There would be wind storms from the daylight side that enters the nightside of the planet that would consist of extremely hot air.

Twilight: This narrow band was all that was habitable on the surface of Ryloth and that is just barely, the windstorms that blow through can literally kill someone caught in them. According to books the Twi'lek relied on wind power to power their cities which were underground due to the harsh environment.

One of the books that this is mentioned in I believe is Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty

It was one of the books involving the Diversity Alliance anyways. Another instance description I believe were from the Jedi Academy Trilogy, and there were other examples of cities given in some of the X-Wing books and comics.

Now I might be a little too focused on detail, but that's essentially why I'm suggesting you change the skybox with exception to maybe the landing pad so that it looks like the entire place is underground.

While it is an interesting idea, there have been numerous books involving Ryloth.

Ryloth's orbit about its sun is similar to how our moon orbits the Earth, the same side always facing the object it orbits.

Side that Always faces the star it orbits: This part would be extremely hot, it could almost make Tatooine look like a winter ski resort in comparison temperature-wise.

Side that is always turned away from the star it orbits: This part would be extremely cold, because the planet has an atmosphere it wouldn't be absolute darkness but you get the idea. There would be wind storms from the daylight side that enters the nightside of the planet that would consist of extremely hot air.

Twilight: This narrow band was all that was habitable on the surface of Ryloth and that is just barely, the windstorms that blow through can literally kill someone caught in them. According to books the Twi'lek relied on wind power to power their cities which were underground due to the harsh environment.

One of the books that this is mentioned in I believe is Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty

It was one of the books involving the Diversity Alliance anyways. Another instance description I believe were from the Jedi Academy Trilogy, and there were other examples of cities given in some of the X-Wing books and comics.

Now I might be a little too focused on detail, but that's essentially why I'm suggesting you change the skybox with exception to maybe the landing pad so that it looks like the entire place is underground.

Living on the Heat side, caused massive heat storms wiping out most of the city at anytime. Also there is cities on the heat side, including one that is going to be in a new episode of the clone wars tv series. I have a side quest with one of the heat storms. The reason why im not putting underground it that it would conflict with most of the modules.

Living on the Heat side, caused massive heat storms wiping out most of the city at anytime. Also there is cities on the heat side, including one that is going to be in a new episode of the clone wars tv series. I have a side quest with one of the heat storms. The reason why im not putting underground it that it would conflict with most of the modules.

That's an interesting tidbit, I really haven't payed much attention to that series.

Well, seems a good idea. But:

You'll need to fix the wall texture, its not tile-able, you get this hard edge at its top.

I think you'll have to make a choice, the walls are very dirty or the floor is very dirty, not both. IMO its "heavy" to look at.

I'm not saying dump the messy idea, just trim it down on the floor tiles is what I would do.

So far good progress :)

I love the reskins by LordRevan, definitely the dirt feel of Ryloth there. But is that a Selkath? If so, is the Selkath a member of the Exchange?

He is just a citizen, after the exchange rooted in the planet, more and more twi'leks are enslaved, move out of exchange areas, hide, or join the rebels. The exchange has been supporting more and more alien species to come to ryloth.

@Quanon: Ok thanks for constructive criticism ill pass it to LR.

Archived