Home

One step closer to Skynet?

jonathan7

As long as it doesn't become self-aware at 2:14 am EST on August 29, 1997 we should be ok? :xp:

Edit: I watched T2 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much! lol

:D so true.

I actually don't think the idea is that far-fetched, though I don't think any AI would become self-aware just yet. Maybe 20-30 years from now.

You Forget... Terminator 3 ;)

I don't count that one into official Terminator canon for obvious reasons. :xp:

You Forget... Terminator 3 ;)

Yes... yes I have...

Kristanna Loken is the only reason to watch it... then the end makes me wanna vomit. Worse than Highlander 2... coming from me that indeed is saying something.

From what I have heard the Sarah Connor Chronicles is forgetting T3 as well, so that might make it worth watching, perhaps on DVD when it comes out and I have the spare dough.

I kept hearing: “You want to play a game?,” playing in my head while reading the article.

wargames.jpg

I would have played Theaterwide Tactical Warfare myself... but I'm silly like that! ;)

I believe we are on an alternate time line by now. :xp:

I kept hearing: “You want to play a game?,” playing in my head while reading the article.

wargames.jpg

[nitpick]I think it was "Shall we play a game"[/nitpick]

And after that movie.. I'd pick chess :D

At any rate, many of our technological leaps came from military applications. It isn't surprising really. I mean the first computer(electronic computer) came from the Navy(When that thing had a bug in the system... it was usually a moth). GPS that's used in cars and all kinds of devices came from the military.

Thoughts on the world fastest computer yet? Does amuse me, that we are using it for weapons... I'd use it for games ;)

Agreed...

It is amazing and I would never have been able to dream of such capabilities--hell, the ipod nano I'm still kind of no over--how it can power earphones so well and strong and hold all that music--yet STILL be THAT small.

OR that we now have 1, 2, or even 3 TERRA BYTE hard drives that are portable or that we casually use for memory.

As long as it doesn't become self-aware at 2:14 am EST on August 29, 1997 we should be ok? :xp:

Edit: I watched T2 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much! lol

:lol:

I believe we are on an alternate time line by now. :xp:
Are you certain? :D

As did I.

It doesn't have to be self award for us to lose control :redskul:

QFE...We, humanity, are quite capable of dooming ourselves without the help of any machine.

Exactly. We could do a quite thorough job of condemning ourselves without the help of terminators.

So long as we keep relatively close to this in our current spiritual state, we should be okay. :lol:

Oy, this is becoming a bit too much like T2 indeed...all we need now is for some robot from the future trying to kill someone around here....I wonder who....:D

This technology is probably jsut the beginning to a much larger and more advanced age of technology. This is technically just the beginning, imagine...10-20 years from now....

Well, let's hope that this technology is only good to a certain degree, like what Redhawke said,"I have watched T2 too many times." :D

Archived