Home

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters

Trex

forumposteroz9bh8.gif

The Jedi Masters is a total conversion mod which adds an all new chapter to the Old Republic story. It is designed to work with TSL.

th_34798_1_122_981lo.jpg th_34814_2_122_899lo.jpg th_34846_3_122_819lo.jpg th_34802_4_122_1082lo.jpg

th_34889_5_122_1lo.jpg th_34882_6_122_712lo.jpg th_34902_7_122_175lo.jpg th_34891_8_122_1181lo.jpg

th_34960_10_122_387lo.jpg th_34976_11_122_53lo.jpg th_34982_12_122_234lo.jpg th_34960_9_122_830lo.jpg

Features -

- A total conversion of TSL to a whole new game. Thanks to the likes of the TOR MMORPG messing with my story, it now takes place in an 'alternate story' universe, and acts as a sort of Kotor3.

- A full new storyline spanning Seven planets and several smaller space stations and ships.

- A gameplay time over ten hours

- Five all new characters to join your party. Three returning.

- The remaining two party members are for your two apprentices. After a certain point in the game, you will be able select your padawans from a choice of Four. You will be able to train them and either guide them towards the light, or lure them to the dark side.

- An all new ship, the Eagle, which also comes with some fun new features.

- A choice of 32 new PCs, male and female.

- Two ending, LS and DS.

Story -

"From the ashes of the Sith Triumvirate's devastation, a broken peace has arisen. A panicked senate, who feared the likes of Darth Nihlilus's power once again returning, have outlawed the Jedi. Following this act with increasingly tighter restrictions and curfews, the citizens slowly began to revolt.

Their faith in the Republic shattered, the people have split into five great factions ; Those who remained with the Republic senate, those who found safety with the corporate security of Czerka, those who succumbed to the lure of the Exchange, those of metal who found their savior in the newly self proclaimed Droid Overlord, and those who settled for the enigmatic promises of the mysterious faction which simply named itself 'The Company'.

Although the factions keep to their borders, tensions are forever increasing between them. The outlying Republic world of Telos now officially fully restored, both Droid and company factions fear it as a staging ground for an attack by the ambitious Supreme Chancellor Cressa. Rumors are abound that both the Exchange and Czerka are abusing their people, and all are concerned about the mass production of War Droids taking place on the second moon of M4-78.

Amongst all this, a lone doctor (you), who's true motivations are unclear, has taken it upon themselves to find a man named Revan who might once again unite the galaxy before all finally turns to war. On the advice of a Mandalorian warrior named Canderous Ordo, they set out to establish a truce between the Republic, the Droids, and the company, and to lead all three and their resources into the unknown regions.

Little do they know, that in finding the last location of the legendary Jedi general, they will unleash upon the people an enemy more deadly than they have ever seen. A group of Dark Force users who consider themselves the 'True Sith', which the general has held at bay on the rim of the galaxy for over a decade.

As the true threat returns, Revan must once again unite the five factions under one flag, before all of them face destruction. Beyond this, with the help of his old friends, the doctor, and their party of followers, he must break the will of the chancellor and disobey the laws of the senate. He must unite the protectors of the galaxy away from their hiding. He must unite The Jedi Masters."

WIP thread : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=191199

More info : http://villainousviews.com/games/tjm.html

Things to note :

- Most dialogue does not come with a sound file. This is not a bug so much as a choice. There are 164 sound files in this game, and that's probably about a months work in it's self. The full mod includes over two thousand lines of dialogue. I'll let you do the math.

- One part I haven't had time to test 100% is the recruitment of your apprentices. I recommended saving before you 'proposition' them just in case.

- I've tried to avoid giving you the ability, but don't sell an datapads you get.

- The high resolution of the FMV movies seems to be a problem for some computers. I am unsure of how to solve this problem, feel free to PM me with suggestions. If you have the problem and still want to play, you can always disable movies in the configure settings.

- One thing I haven't been able to get around is the Nihilus/Visas Marr entrance movie starting up when you get far enough towards the light or dark sides. You can either just ignore it, watch the movie when it plays, or remove 'ScnMov01' from C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Movies

Download it here :

This is the old version of the mod. Check this thread for the latest version : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211618

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trex is this compatible with oldflash's final touch mod and the law enforcement blasters mods?

Law enforcement blasters should be fine I think (I'd recommed reinstalling it after installing this if you can).

Final touch might be more awkward and I wouldn't chance it.

- ALOT OF THIS GAME IS BASED AROUND DATAPADS NAMED 'PLOT TAGS' (IT MADE

SCRIPTING ALOT EASIER). NEVER SELL OR REMOVE ONE OF THESE FROM YOUR INVENTORY

OR THE GAME WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY!!!

I believe if your *.UTIs are marked as "plot items" you can't sell or drop them into containers. FYI

I've gotten as far as the Eagle, and have loved what I have played so far. It is a bit rough around the edges, but at the same time is a thing of beauty.

As far as noticble bugs go, my sister has posted a bug overview on the bug section of your homepage forum under "Bug Overview", that list should help you iron out a few things.

Contact me if you ever need any voice over work done for males. (Or females, as my sister can do a few lines herself.)

It is getting late where I am, but I look forward to playing more tomorrow.

Laila Tov! -Greg.

Great mod so far, I havnt gotten far though as I just spent most my sleep playing this.

I got here small spoilers:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
just finished training with freedom nadd.

As I finish this I am probably going to make a overview as how you can improve it/fix bugs in future versions and how awesome it is :D. Great Job!

This is made for Trex's Mod The Jedi Masters, though not "official" I have yet to see another "jedi masters" launcher be made.

Simply copy the picture to your swkotor2/launcher folder. The name of the overwritten file is swlauncher.bmp You may have to reconvert it to a .bmp

swlauncher2copy.jpg

I believe if your *.UTIs are marked as "plot items" you can't sell or drop them into containers. FYI

That's my hope, but I might have given one of the UTIs the wrong setting. You shouldn't be able to sell them, but as I precaution I wouldn't chance it.

It says that it isn't finished on the download link..?

you may need to clear your cache if the downloads are not showing up.

Yeah, just make sure you click refresh and I think it should appear.

Glad to see people are making sense of it. I was concerned that people might have found the

Freedon Nadd training

to be a bit confusing due to my own bad explainations. At the very least people have made it off Dxun, so no major crashes there.

I just played the mod. It was cool! Well, I didn't finish Dxun yet, but... (possible spoilers)

i must say, I didn't like beginning movie. No offence it just didn't look good (oh well, I don't think I could make it better ;)).

Things on Republic starship was pretty cool. But why didn't Wookie have a voice (he's talking in his language anyway so what was a problem?), and Twi'lek doesn't have any lipsynch? At least 'history lesson' was really funny. I love it man heh.

Onderon. Conversation between Bastila and HK-47 was awesome (master stealer! :xp:)

Cutscenes. Camera angles are often very terrible, it shows trough walls sometimes. It doesn't look good, I'd say more, it looks bad. Any chanse for patch to fix\change it?

Voice thing is sometimes annoying. I know recording would take really long, but it looks bad when sometimes VOs are there, but there's no VO in next line. Also, it's often hard to read entire text (for me, at least) and sometimes I had to load previous save to make sure what they said...

And one more thing about camera, sometimes it's really hard to say who is talking now when camera shows entire module.

(spoilers ends here)

Anyway, I am really enjoying the mod so far. For now I'm a bit confused as I don't really know what's going on, but hopefully it'll be better later in mod (will it?). As I said, I'm still on Dxun.

I'll tell more once I will play more. But it's really good man! I'd love to get more mods like that.

EDIT: I'm getting little problem. How do I enter tomb in Duxn? Door are closed, I believe I was everywhere, and still I have no idea what to do. Help?

i must say, I didn't like beginning movie. No offence it just didn't look good (oh well, I don't think I could make it better ;)).

The words 'star wars' do get a bit stuck, don't they. I was never that keen on it myself, but couldn't work out a better way to do it.

Wookie have a voice (he's talking in his language anyway so what was a problem?)

Hmm. That is odd (I would have used Hanharr's surely?). I'll have to check on it.

New problem when I try to install the movies file I get the message: Contains Invalid data files

Did the other installs all work?

Incidently, if anyone wants to start a project to do alot more of the voices, I won't object.

How do I enter tomb in Duxn? Door are closed, I believe I was everywhere, and still I have no idea what to do. Help?

There should be an 'invisible' near the lake to talk to.

Archived