Home

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters

Trex

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't get any powers from ootataa or whatever the **** his name is. I don't have any other mods installed cuz I cleaned everything out for tjm

You do know that he doesn't give you the powers, he has the powers. And they are accessed using the "Friendly Force Power" area in the GUI

Er, are the commoners standing around on the

Coruscant main street

supposed to not say anything at all? I mean, I've encountered that a lot in this game, but . . . only a very few of them--

like the Chancellor's pilot, an Irodorian merc, and a Mandalorian

--who all have dialogue cutscene tree things instead of just the box in the corner--say anything at all. It just seems a bit . . . unnatural. I looked in the Override folder and at the dlg module things under KotOR Tool, but didn't see much, so maybe it's just not there.

So, just wondering.

Side note: I don't know if it's a bug for me, or whether it's just not in this mod, but I can't change my party except by reentering the ship and leaving again. And you can't equip party members on

the Eagle

Is it my game, or is it just not integrated into this mod?

I'd really appreciate any answers! ^_^

Ah, thanks a lot! Good to know it's not just me.

Well, maybe not. If the possibility were there, maybe it could get fixed, and I could change my party.

But oh well ^_^ later versions perhaps?

Ah . . . New stuff rocks so bad . . .

I am having a problem on Coruscant.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
When I go to the Senate Building, and I have Revan in my party I am given permission by the front desk lady to go to Senate Floor by taking a left. Well I looked everywhere and I can not get to the senate floor. There are 2 guards to the left but they just sand there by a door which I can not open or select or go through at all. I am just left there talking to the Another Guard, Grenn or the front desk lady and thats about it. So where do I go from there??

Er, are the commoners standing around on the

Coruscant main street

supposed to not say anything at all?

The 'commoners' were actually a very late addition to the game. Basically Coruscant just looked a bit too empty and I had to fill it up with something.

I've actually reflected on this and decided I would have prefered the planet a little smaller. Probably just the market street with the landing pads at one end, the slums at the other, and both the temple and senate connected to the one street.

Side note: I don't know if it's a bug for me, or whether it's just not in this mod, but I can't change my party except by reentering the ship and leaving again.

It's alright. That's the way it's meant to be. It just made creating alot of the quests easier if you can control/restrict the player sometimes. I may alter it in a patch, I'm not sure. I think it depends what it interferes with.

I am having a problem on Coruscant.

Show spoiler
When I go to the Senate Building, and I have Revan in my party I am given permission by the front desk lady to go to Senate Floor by taking a left. Well I looked everywhere and I can not get to the senate floor. There are 2 guards to the left but they just sand there by a door which I can not open or select or go through at all. I am just left there talking to the Another Guard, Grenn or the front desk lady and thats about it. So where do I go from there??

If you talk to one of the two guards standing side by side, they should give you access to the senate floor.

QUESTION

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Show spoiler
Whats the name of the music that's playing at the end after Revan defeats Kannos and is about to be absorbed?

I'd really like to know!!!!!!

It's a 'relaxed' version of Lucius Dei by immediate music. The more dramtic one gets used when

Kannos destroys his planet

Check on youtube if you want the full thing, there's lots of immediate music stuff there.

yea i know that i guess i worded it strangely. i cannot get the green jawa to use his own powers they do not even show up where they should

Beyond reinstalling the override, I'm not too sure what to suggest for that.

In case your missing it, there aren't descriptions just pictures of the creatures.

The 'commoners' were actually a very late addition to the game. Basically Coruscant just looked a bit too empty and I had to fill it up with something.

I've actually reflected on this and decided I would have prefered the planet a little smaller. Probably just the market street with the landing pads at one end, the slums at the other, and both the temple and senate connected to the one street.

Don't do it - Coruscant is well as it is. Athrough it would be nice to have some more quests there.

You could make a "train" to travel around the city - like it was in Arcanum - so you can select which module you want to go and there's no need to pass two modules to reach your destination.

I've posted some more bugs on your forum, so I won't be repeating myself here.

Yesterday night I've finished the mod and it's great. Can't wait for the patch!

Don't do it - Coruscant is well as it is. Athrough it would be nice to have some more quests there.

You could make a "train" to travel around the city - like it was in Arcanum - so you can select which module you want to go and there's no need to pass two modules to reach your destination.

Fair enough.

I do like the train idea, and a sort of taxi service wouldn't be too hard to do.

BIG question for everyone :

Obviously, one of the main problems with creating any extra sound files is that I don't have access to the voice actors from the kotor series.

Would anyone find it too weird if the likes of Bastila, Canderous and HK47 had different voices? Not too different, I would try and stick to a certain sound/tone/style, but as they are, I don't think I could ever have all their lines voiced.

Just finished the mod.

. . .

HOLY COW!

More coherent reply after I've had a chance to let it sink in.

I can't really tell much right now except from being WAY overwhelmed . . .

I think I need to go do something . . . more . . . um . . . un-intense? now.

Would anyone find it too weird if the likes of Bastila, Canderous and HK47 had different voices? Not too different, I would try and stick to a certain sound/tone/style, but as they are, I don't think I could ever have all their lines voiced.

I think I would like it. If the voices aren't very different, it can be explained by their age - Bastila is about 50, Revan is 60. Ten years passed since we've seen them - their voices could have changed. And HK could have new vocabulator.

Fair enough.

I wouldn't mind, as a matter of a fact, I could do the voicing of a character or two. I have plenty of time to voice lines. though others might argue against the revoicing of the KOTOR characters. Even if no one else wants those party members voiced, I can do others (commoners, republic guards, medical staff etc). If you want, I can send you a couple of voice files so you can find exactly what I could voice.

For anyone else interested in voice acting, if you can't quite get a proper accent, try looking up some voice altering programs online, you'd be surprised by how many free ways you can help better mod your voice for free.

Bastila will be hard though unless we can find a European woman, or atleast someone who can fake it good enough. Her voice change could easily be explained by her advancing in age. (along with canderous).

First off great job man. Very well done.

Now up 1st bug is that everytime i try to get to either arpeture station or aid station and landed it wont let me leave the ship. It wont let me like click on the spot where you take the ship in for landing i have to warp there using cheats :/

2nd: When im on SPOILER: Coruscant during the final battle it wont let me through the doors to the temple i again have to warp. Plus during that war when im hk and canderous. After there chat there is nothing else to do. Wont let me through the door near them and the room that the tunnel leads to...nothing happens.

3rd when im on coruscant for the 1st time and im looking for the guy thats for SPOILER: shadows quest It wont show up..plus theres a lot of adverts around.

4th SPOILER: When revan is on the ship and i check the cameras to view his and canderous's convo. All thats said his Revan : Yes canderous? then its done and i see canderous in his underwear...if i view it again it adds ANOTHER canderous there so theres 2 there now. Same thing happens with mira and hk convo except! I can see the entire convo but hk is still standing there and adds up if i keep looking at that camera convo.

Many bugs but still great mod.

Now up 1st bug is that everytime i try to get to either arpeture station or aid station and landed it wont let me leave the ship. It wont let me like click on the spot where you take the ship in for landing i have to warp there using cheats :/

Have you tried going to the upper "wing"? There is an exit to the station or other non-planetary areas there.

2nd: When im on:

Coruscant during the final battle it wont let me through the doors to the temple i again have to warp. Plus during that war when im hk and canderous. After there chat there is nothing else to do. Wont let me through the door near them and the room that the tunnel leads to...nothing happens.

For the first thing here, Trex posted a solution for that problem in this thread, as I had a similar problem. As for the second... try loading an autosave and going through the module again.

I'm getting little problem... after playing as

green Jawa that turned into Rancor!

, it loaded another module and I see just black screen. Tried reloading but it didn't help.

EDIT: nvm I restarted game and it helped.

Would anyone find it too weird if the likes of Bastila, Canderous and HK47 had different voices?

They're ten years older, it's logical they voices changed. Only problem would be HK-47 as droids don't aging... but it'd be better to get more VOs anyway.

Coruscant - after killing Darth Ilo and the other Sith in the Senate game crashes. Reloading, restarting game, reinstaling modules and override doesn't help. Did anyone meet that problem and know how to fix it?

/it's not mine - it was described for me by a man, who doens't speak English, so I really can't give any more information/

For stations or anything your docked with, the exit is in the right arm/wing of the ship.

For the temple problem, see my reply to xenon_gun above having the same problem.

2nd: When im on SPOILER: Coruscant during the final battle it wont let me through the doors to the temple i again have to warp. Plus during that war when im hk and canderous. After there chat there is nothing else to do. Wont let me through the door near them and the room that the tunnel leads to...nothing happens.

This'll be because you warped (I think). Do the above fix and play through regularily and I think it should be fine.

4th SPOILER: When revan is on the ship and i check the cameras to view his and canderous's convo. All thats said his Revan : Yes canderous? then its done and i see canderous in his underwear...if i view it again it adds ANOTHER canderous there so theres 2 there now. Same thing happens with mira and hk convo except! I can see the entire convo but hk is still standing there and adds up if i keep looking at that camera convo.

I think I know what all those will be and I'll have to solve it in the first patch. Thanks for mentioning it.

I just saw the ending video when you know who destroys you know what and the movie clip finishs the game starts to load and then a error report pops up and it crashs what is the problem?

I'm afraid I'm not too sure what to suggest for that one. The only thing I can think of is to try playing through the last fight again and see if the problme reaccurs.

I'm getting little problem... after playing as

green Jawa that turned into Rancor!

, it loaded another module and I see just black screen. Tried reloading but it didn't help.

EDIT: nvm I restarted game and it helped.

They're ten years older, it's logical they voices changed. Only problem would be HK-47 as droids don't aging... but it'd be better to get more VOs anyway.

This seems to be a reacurring problem I'll have to fix in the first patch. Basically ootataa changes to Revan before warping and both things happening at once seems to get the game stuck.

You can either wait for the first patch or play through the ootataa fight again and hopefully it'll work right.

Hoi I am kinda new here and I heard of this mod a few months ago. Now is the mod playable?(I mean; aren't there too much bug's?)

The mod is fully playable, but I'd wait a couple of days for the first patch if you can.

I think I'll try and include as many voices with it as I can as well.

Archived