Home

Revan vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

who would win Obi-Wan or Revan  

79 members have voted

1. 1. who would win Obi-Wan or Revan

• Revan beats obi wan
    • obi wan beats revan
    • Stalemate

Revan beats Obi-Wan. Seriously, I am sick of everyone trying to make Obi-wan out to be this unbeatable jesus christ like guy.

I'd say it would be a close hard battle. Since revan ended up on the light side, he doesn't really have the disadvantages anakin did.

------

Kenobi may have been a master sword duelist, but keep in mind that his was also during a time where serious lightsaber to lightsaber combat was a rarity. Moreover enegry resistant/proof metals armors and melee weaponry were probably restricted and watched closely--hence also an extreme rarity. Shields of significant power, a super rarity too.

I suspect if what kreia said is true of sith like tulak hord--kenobi would be sliced pizza in 5 seconds.

He was powerful, but not as powerful as some who could have and would have killed him.

Also, maul and greivous were arrogant. Greivous was an idiot on top of that.

They could both have killed him at critical points but made noob ish errors instead.

Anakin was powerful but conflicted and clouded. There are so many who would have killed him had the cloak of destiny not protected him.

Kenobi's @$$ needed bailing out several times so don't even go there that he wasn't reckless in spite of his brains.

Master tactician? Sure. But even that cannot always be utilized. Since this is theoretical and could be subjectively spun any way... that doesn't add up to being very much here.

--------------------

Revan...ok he had both practical experience and jedi experience. However, even at an accellerated learning to application rate, his time here with it was only so much.

He may have mastered more in 5+ years than he ever did before that, but even so, there were others who *might* (not definitively) have bested him.

Also, we will never know exactly what could have been achieved had all those years been un-interrupted.

Lackeys were better. Possibly more dangerous. None as high stature.

However jedi and jedi masters as well as dark jedi and sith were not often encountered. Possibly not all as powerful--or more powerful.

The KOTOR period essentially were such that those strong in the force needed to be more well balanced as necessity to survive. Those with practical experience as well as force were probably some of the ultimate combatants.

Revan was a great general and tactician and sith lord, yet even still he turned a blind eye to his apprentice's growing ambition. Again tactical knowledge can only help so much and there is any number of ways.

He was a master swordsman, especially in times where serious dueling was common, but some of the forms didn't have certain revisions back then.

I agree with you Lord of Hunger about revan being the sith'ari. i don't no why everybody thinks that it is bane

Take this for what you will. I've read the novels, stories and comics on Darth Bane. Here is a rundown of Bane's abilities:

Lifetime of driving anger/dislike.

Bane learned from holocrons of Revan, freedon nadd, and belia darzu. Kept the library of sith master quordis, Great knowledge of the dark side upon which to form the foundation of his sith order.

He was tremedously powerful. Learned all sorts of dark side powers and used them to great effect. Storm, drain, choke, crush, I wouldn't doubt mind tricks and the like, probably general universal powers too.

Accellerated learning ability similar to Revan and The Exile.

Was cunning and subtle. Very sly and deceptive. Very clever.

Political manipulation form afar on the republic. (How ironic--the galaxy at peace and yet still in the palm of the sith) Good sources for information and kept himself under an alias, he spied on the republic. As I am sure his successors did, too.

Bane learned all the saber defense/attack sequences quite well--enough so that his ex master Kas'im, a blademaster no less, could not change forms effectively against him with a double bladed variant. He made master proficiency over djem so and soresu forms, and knew the basics of all others. Used a single curved hilt variant himself. Learned the 2 single blade variant to a lesser degree. As above knew the double bladed though he never used it. Taught it to Zannah. Though not the most refined, he managed to survive a Juyo lightasber assault thrown at him although he never fully encountered it before. Consequently that form was picked up--thus became a practitioner of it. Evidenced 10 years later, he went into bloodlust and used it to kill multiple foes.

Good at least on street brawling/fighting tactics as he did it his whole life.

In his time as a sith soldier, he outwitted the republic army and turned the tide of a particular battle that bought the sith time on the whole, some aptitude for military tactics.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Rev7:

Not meaning to be rude, but when you say something you should back it up with reasoning. Just saying.

Whoa there.... :confused:

There would never be a situation like this anyways....
I think the number one reasoning we need in this thread is how Revan and Obi-Wan are supposed to meet and find a suitable cause to fight in the first place.

My point being

*sigh*

These threads....:)

I believe Obi-Wan would win for this reason, as why all cool and awesome heroes win..

Obi-Wan-1.jpg

...HIS BEARD OF AWESOMENESS!!!!

Other than that, I would say that it would be a stalemate. Revan may have destroyed a Star Forge, but Obi-Wan turned into a blue ghost and didn't die...so, that's an example....oy....:D

@ Lord of Destruction: No idea. Bane accomplished two things alone:

1) Killed off the Brotherhood of Darkness (or rather the Brotherhood of Emo according to Uncyclopedia :D ).

2) Rebuilt the Sith Order using Revan's teachings.

The definition of the Sith'ari is someone who will

1) Destroy the Sith

2) In doing so, make them more powerful than ever

Bane seems to be doing pretty well in that sense. :p Sure, both Revan and Vader did those things, but in the wrong order. And Vader was definitely not free of restrictions. His armor restricted the use of his power far to much, and before his injury he knew nothing of Sith teachings. The Chosen One was Anakin, no doubt, if you read Lucas's explanations. Anakin destroyed the remaining Sith when he killed Palpatine and came back to the light, bringing an end to Bane's order and the true Sith lineage. Every Sith afterwards was simply taking the title. The Sith order following RotJ would have been considered heretical to Darth Bane and Darth Andeddu, the first known user of the "Darth" title. A lot of the knowledge of the Sith died with Palpatine. Lumiya and Krayt were merely dark side philosophers in comparison. Revan couldn't have been the Chosen One because, though he destroyed the Dark Lords of the Sith, there were still some regular Sith Lords that carried the "Darth" title to pass it in, including (but not limited to) Nihilius, Sion, and Traya.

The definition of the Sith'ari is someone who will

1) Destroy the Sith

2) In doing so, make them more powerful than ever

Bane seems to be doing pretty well in that sense. :p Sure, both Revan and Vader did those things, but in the wrong order. And Vader was definitely not free of restrictions. His armor restricted the use of his power far to much, and before his injury he knew nothing of Sith teachings. The Chosen One was Anakin, no doubt, if you read Lucas's explanations. Anakin destroyed the remaining Sith when he killed Palpatine and came back to the light, bringing an end to Bane's order and the true Sith lineage. Every Sith afterwards was simply taking the title. The Sith order following RotJ would have been considered heretical to Darth Bane and Darth Andeddu, the first known user of the "Darth" title. A lot of the knowledge of the Sith died with Palpatine. Lumiya and Krayt were merely dark side philosophers in comparison. Revan couldn't have been the Chosen One because, though he destroyed the Dark Lords of the Sith, there were still some regular Sith Lords that carried the "Darth" title to pass it in, including (but not limited to) Nihilius, Sion, and Traya.

Revan was the leader of the lords of malachor

god, fine:roleyess: Revan gets sent in a wormhole. i don't know why they would want to fight, but they just do:firemad:

PS. Revan can use both force power light and dark, and the reason i'm saying this is because he was the lord of the sith

Cause has a lot to do with a fight, you know. Obi-Wan could have killed Anakin at Mustafar, but he didn't, because he had had a mentor-student relationship with Anakin and could not just deliver a killing blow. Similarly, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon fought Darth Maul very cautiously, but when Qui-Gon was killed, Obi-Wan gave into his anger to attack Maul, as can be seen by his newly aggressive styles.

Fighting isn't just about who is "more powerful", except in Dragonball Z.

"The boy has a very high midichlorian count."

"Mmm, see this, I must."

"OVER 9000, IT IS!!!!!!!"

Revan vs. Obi Wan? Hmm...

1) Obi Wan beat Anakin. Big deal, a blind chicken can beat Anakin. Okay, but seriously, Anakin was not all that great. Granted he, like Galen Marek and Cade Skywalker, was way overpowered in terms of Force Power, but he was stuck as a Guardian, the type of Jedi that focuses the least in utilizing the power of the Force. His power made him a very strong in Shien/Djem So, but he lacked skill, awareness, and frankly intelligence (you have to admit that "You underestimate my power" and trying to jump over Kenobi thing was really stupid). Obi Wan had all of that and was one of the best Soreshu practitioners of his time. So saying that he beat Anakin is no big deal.

2) Revan is the Heart of the Force. That's just a term Kreia used to describe him. He is however the most likely candidate for Sith'ari (a lot of people say Bane, but Bane simply followed Revan's path), and was probably close to Anakin's power level. Combine that with his dueling prowess (beat Yusanis, Mandalore, Malak, Bastila (no challenge there though :D), and Bandon) and he's already more than a match.

3) Revan was a brilliant tactician. Understatement. There has been only one human to completely control the galaxy: Palpatine. How did he do it? Force Persuade. As brilliant an act this is, he never conquered the galaxy. Few have come close, and Revan was the closest. I have no doubt that if Malak had never betrayed him, Revan would have easily conquered the Galaxy in less than a year.

Result: Revan wins. Obi Wan rocks, but Revan rocks even more.

Look, he never intended to conquer the galaxy in the first place. He turned to the dark side to prevent a greater evil, the True Sith, from conquering the galaxy. He deliberately avoided stronghold worlds, knowing full well that they were capable of defending themselves. He used the Star Forge as a factory not out of ignorance of its true powers, but out of wit. He knew that if he drew upon it as the Rakata had he would be consumed by it.

He used it as a factory to manafacture a fleet, a fleet that could protect the galaxy from the True Sith. In fact, this does leave open one thing for debate. If Revan was not corrupted by either the Star Forge, Korriban nor Malachor V then how powerful was his resolve? To resist such power would require great strength of will, which translates into force ability.

Revan was, by all defenitions, a brilliant duelist, a great leader, a master tactician and a force wielder unmatched by anyone else. He knew both sides of the force and sides never before seen. He had power that dwarfed that of any other and his resolve was impossible to break.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obi-Wan was a good commander, a formidable duelist and famed Jedi knight. But the only reason he seems to be more powerful that other Jedi of his time is because hes the only one we fully see in action. They display him simply because hes important in a plotline of the films, not because hes a immensely powerful Jedi.

Darth Maul was defeated because Obi-Wan drew upon his anger, as someone else stated. Grievous, though lethal, was deft to the force and Obi-Wan simply defeated him by using his own lightsaber style against him. Anakin was trainedby Obi-Wan, after raising the boy for twenty years you generally would learn his preferred style, his tactics. Anakin oft' wielded his anger in combat, as displayed against Count Dooku. Kenobi likely used his memories from that encounter against Anakin, ultimately sealing the young Sith's defeat.

Any Jedi on the council was as powerful as Kenobi, any of them. You could say that he survived Order 66. So what? That was by circumstance, for when you have twenty blasters directly behind you . . . well lets just say you dont really have a chance. He got shot down from a cliff-face, missed the cliff face and used breath control to survive underwater. I don't see how the use of only one of his abilities makes him powerful.

All in all I think Obi-Wan is overrated, as is Revan. Revan would be formidable in modern Star Wars because of how powerful people became back then. But by the film timeline to be a master in the force is to know how to jump two metres high. All in all I think, I know, Revan would win. Obi-Wan is just a average Jedi, in a age where Lightsaber-to-Lightsaber combat was rare and powerful force abilities of the past were lost. I don't really need to go on to convince you guys do I?

Revan beats Obi-Wan. Seriously, I am sick of everyone trying to make Obi-wan out to be this unbeatable jesus christ like guy.

Umm, if anything, people make Revan out to be far more than he ever was. Much more so than Obi-Wan.

Not meaning to be rude, but when you say something you should back it up with reasoning. Just saying.

I've seen far too many of these threads to know there's no point reasoning with Revan fanboys.

Obi-Wan wins because he's not a Mary-Sue.

Force grip > Obi Wan.

And force grip is one of those things we know Revan could do (ie, it doesn't depend on what you skill)

So unless Revan is less able than Dooku when it comes to force powers, Revan wins.

Edit: If Revan cannot perform force grip due to him being a narrow-minded Jedi than I don't think we can tell. Though Kotor portrays Revan certainly more powerful than Star Wars portrays Obi.

"Who will live longer" is basically the same as saying "Who will die first" which is the same as "who would win." :p

Unless you mean in survival years. Obi-wan died when he was about 52ish. Revan was, I can't say for sure, 30ish? If whatever happened to him in the Unknown Regions doesn't kill him, he might live longer than Obi.

They would fight for all eternity until one of them died of extreme old age.

Well, I've got my vote on Obi-wan, since he Was born about 3,500 years after Revan likely died. :p

Uh, huh. From what is this derived? And what would this imply if he was? Or was that simply an idle comment?

i actuley have the book that say that, but not in those words as soon as i find i'll tell you the exact words, but i do remeber is that Darth Traya was a servant to Darth Revan, and Darth Traya recutied Nihlus, and sion

To be honest, I think it would be amazing if Revan would show up during episode 3, and pwn the emporer.

I hate the idea that the sith are slinking around in the shadows like a cowards. I would make the galaxy fear me!

Behold, I am the dark lord (insert desired name here)! Bow before my awesome might, or face the toucher of a thousand deaths!

To be honest, I think it would be amazing if Revan would show up during episode 3, and pwn the emporer.

I hate the idea that the sith are slinking around in the shadows like a cowards. I would make the galaxy fear me!

Behold, I am the dark lord (insert desired name here)! Bow before my awesome might, or face the toucher of a thousand deaths!

Subtly and cunning is the way of the Sith. Honor is a chain that binds you. Remember: Through victory my chains are broken.

your right the sith in 1-6 are wusses for doing it in the shadows

Darth Bane would be disgusted with you people.

Agreed.

The Sith went into hiding by necessity - they'd been all but wiped out by Lord Hoth's Army of Light - they wouldn't have stood a chance in open conflict with the Jedi Order.

So, they waited and watched, pulling the strings until finally, one of them would achieve the power they had long sought. They got much further through deception and 'sneaking' than they ever did through open conflict.

Agreed.

The Sith went into hiding by necessity - they'd been all but wiped out by Lord Hoth's Army of Light - they wouldn't have stood a chance in open conflict with the Jedi Order.

I thought the Sith nearly wiped themselves out in the Lord Hoth situation, with only Darth Bane and his apprentice the only survivors {something fishy in that situation:D} Of course, that incident did provoke the "only two" Sith law.:)

Archived