Home

(k1) Taris middle city

disbeliever

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, here's a few things to add. Quests are up to you guys, these are things that aren't in the game but are established elsewhere to exist. As well as suggestions of what to use.

Czerka Base, use the Sith Base on Manaan perhaps.

^ It's been bugging me that there is mention of Czerka's presence on Taris, on Korriban and yet nothing about it.

Taris Jedi Academy/Tower, use the Sith Academy perhaps.

^ Something to explore, somewhere to get exp.

An Exchange base, one of the Rakatan homes.

^ It bugs me that for a supposedly heavy presence, there's only one place to find them on Taris. This is just something to explore and kill enemies perhaps.

Another Swoop gang base, use the Bek Base.

^ Where is their base supposed to be? Might as well add one.

I have an idea for this mod

I was thinking of how on each level of Taris you have the oppertunity to do something that makes you famous, on the upper city you beat Bendak Starkiller, on the Lower City you end the gang war, and win the Swoop Race, then in the Under city you can Save the Outcasts, I was thinking about this mod and came up with an idea that in this mod you could do somehting that helps or makes you popular with the citazen of the Middle

city.

Thanks

Czerka Base, use the Sith Base on Manaan perhaps.

^ It's been bugging me that there is mention of Czerka's presence on Taris, on Korriban and yet nothing about it.

Czerka was on Korriban...

Taris Jedi Academy/Tower, use the Sith Academy perhaps.

^ Something to explore, somewhere to get exp.

Unless you were thinking of having it abandoned, Jedi wouldn't likely reside on a Sith infested world.

@Topic - Screenshots look great. I can't wait to see them textured and in-game! :)

I think it'd be cool to have some sort of minor depot for Czerka where there's a bunch of high level weapons that you can only afford from playing a lot of pazaak and winning.

Also, some sort of Exchange presence would be cool. Perhaps have a minor boss there collecting money from people (protection fees and such).

Czerka was on Korriban...

Unless you were thinking of having it abandoned, Jedi wouldn't likely reside on a Sith infested world.

@Topic - Screenshots look great. I can't wait to see them textured and in-game! :)

Get the wording, Czerka presence on Taris, mentioned on Korriban.

Jedi Tower.

Of course it would be abandoned, it was abandoned before the JCW.

Thanks for the comments guys. I like the idea of having the pc do something that would make him popular in the middle city as well. Maybe his "mission" would be to clean out the crime, since the middle city was peaceful like the upper city, however some crime was around. maybe their can be some shady things going on and the pc has to drive them out? Just thinking outloud.

I will be modeling more today. However after talking with Quanon, i realized I had a major brain fart when modeling things out. When you are on the upper city bridge you see massive buildings that obviously come up from below the line of sight. All of the buildings i made around the skybox for the middle city are big, but not big enough to see from the upper city. So I will need to model out some MASSIVE buildings to compliment my smaller ones, to give the appropriate feel and maintain the look of the upper city :)

Hopefully i will start texturizing soon, however i have never done that in 3dsm so it should be interesting lol

Get the wording, Czerka presence on Taris, mentioned on Korriban.

Jedi Tower.

Of course it would be abandoned, it was abandoned before the JCW.

Maybe a jedi tower thats abandoned, but you can find cool reads inside it of the jedi history, maybe some items etc?

Looks very good! You're great in modelling, (I've never managed to make a simple blaster:() so keep working!

Believe it or not, I have never used 3dsm before beginning work on this project :) I have always been a lightwave guy for the last 12 years or so, since it was on the video toaster :xp:

Thanks for the comments though

Perhaps killing the one that gave the quest to clear out the crime?

Maybe a jedi tower thats abandoned, but you can find cool reads inside it of the jedi history, maybe some items etc?

That's why I suggested it, maybe some mention of the Jedi Convenant and the monsterous padawn massacre.

Are you guys refering about this Jedi Tower because it had an unfortunate encounter with a certain Padawan and his con-merchant friend.

But I suppose they could have built a new one to replace that one.

Looks amazing by the way disbeliever :D

DANG IT! Now that there is a photo of it found, I will model the temple after the photo you posted.

thanks!

Ok update:

I have added in some massive buildings that would rise to the upper city, and added in what will be an abandoned jedi enclave/tower.

I think I am done for now with modeling and will begin with texturizing :)

If you need help on the texturing job don't be afraid to ask :)

I know some handy tricks, that'll save you some time and won't make you pull your haer out in disspear and frustration.

I'm amazed I'm not bald yet ^_^

It's too bad that this area won't be compatible with "Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge" as it looks like Silveredge9 is now down to the lipsyncing stage of the mod. Disbeliever, perhaps you can block off the Middle City portion when the "Flashback to the Mandalorian Invasion of Taris" part occurs in his mod. (Maybe a "lockdown"?)

It's too bad that this area won't be compatible with "Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge" as it looks like Silveredge9 is now down to the lipsyncing stage of the mod. Disbeliever, perhaps you can block off the Middle City portion when the "Flashback to the Mandalorian Invasion of Taris" part occurs in his mod. (Maybe a "lockdown"?)

It can be made compatible, why do you assume it wont?

Also disbeliever said he is leaving it to the community after modeling is done.

Archived