Home

A Nintendo Mosaic

MrWally

So we had to do this project for a computer graphics class I'm taking in which we were simply told to create an object out of a different object. It could have been an image made from text, etc. It had to have a constant theme, it couldn't be completely random.

This is what I came up with:

finalflatmattesmall.jpg

Each "8 Bit" image is made from screenshots of the corresponding character's appearance in recent games. For instance the 8 bit Link is composed of images from Twilight Princess and the like, while the 8 bit Mario is composed of images from Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Sunshine, etc.

It's actually really simple (the class really isn't all that important), but I'm figured I should share. I think the color-correction on Link might be a bit heavy, so I may fix that, but otherwise I'm pretty satisfied. I originally thought of putting them on a background made out of a conglomeration of screenshots from Nintendo games, but that didn't work out. Maybe I'll try it again.

Larger Version:

A Nintendo Mosaic and click download.

Or, http://www.deviantart.com/download/116798555/A_Nintendo_Mosaic_by_TheSeeker417.jpg for HUGE resolution.

Haha, I don't feel quite comfortable selling these--I don't think they're good enough. But if someone is honestly that interested I would redo them with less repetition and images with better matching color.

EDIT: Actually, since the screenshots are copyrighted, I can't sell them. I didn't think about that. Sorry :/

Pretty awesome sweet mang, Great work

Though I liked Link over the others, he's easily recognisable. I had to stare a for a few extra seconds to get Kong and Mario.

Do a Samus Aran in zero suit, s'il vous plait :naughty:

Ok.

Also, that's exactly the problem. Link is the most recognizable, but that's because I editedthe colors on the smaller images to match the base image too much. I liked how the first two are harder to spot, but maybe that's just me.

And thanks! leXX. I try :D

How long did it take to resize all those damn screenshots? :p Looks awesome Wally. I agree Link is the most recognizable right away, and I still got Mario and DK right away but on DK his details are harder to see right away. Excellent work. :D

Bumped because I was excited.

So I've been working on this all day. I have two versions, this one, which has color correction, and one that I applied no color correction to which doesn't look as "good" but I think I may prefer.

Zero_Suit_Samus_Photo_Mosaic_by_TheSeeker417.jpg

There's obviously a LOT of repetition and I took the liberty to rotate images, but whatever. I like how it turned out.

Full Version (MASSIVE SIZE):

http://www.deviantart.com/download/116898080/626f3daf40297d94604bd1d4592730be.jpg

Bumped because I was excited.

So I've been working on this all day. I have two versions, this one, which has color correction, and one that I applied no color correction to which doesn't look as "good" but I think I may prefer.

snip

There's obviously a LOT of repetition and I took the liberty to rotate images, but whatever. I like how it turned out.

Full Version (MASSIVE SIZE):

http://www.deviantart.com/download/116898080/626f3daf40297d94604bd1d4592730be.jpg

HOLY.****!

3smallh.jpg

I made another that doesn't have the color correction. Again, it's not as recognizable, but all of the images used are unedited and matched based on their original colors so it looks much more legit, if that makes sense.

I like the non-color corrected simply cause color correction seems kind of like cheating :p

Yeah, I suppose that's a nice way to express it, haha. It definitely felt more natural, but the color corrected one just looks so nice... haha.

I like it how her curves are more visible in the non-colour-corrected version. >.>

Saved these for posterity, legendary shtuff Wally, this is legendary.

No problem! I'd hope you saved them considering I made them for you :p

Archived