Home

Weddings!

Tysyacha

You've upstaged me again!
Just further reinforcing the point. :D

plus I have a mysterious desire to flounce around in white dresses (and cheongsams. I'd have to make a conscious effort to look elegant though. They are inherently not suited to flouncing).
I will require pics of this. ;3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I want to be married, I've already had a hard time with relationships. I never dated in high school (not that I didn't want to date; it's just that nobody asked me out, and every time I asked a boy out, they turned me down). In college, I went on a couple of dates, but not more than a handful. All the guys I went with on those dates said that I was a nice girl, but they would rather be friends. Oh, well--to each his own! Out of college, I haven't had any real "relationships", so to speak, just a guy or two that I've had a crush on. Now I'm on eHarmony, and the novelty has kind of worn off. I admit that I'm picky when it comes to my matches, but I'm looking to spend the next fifty years with The One, if we do get married. I know I have a lot of character flaws, but I'm muddling through life the best I can. If I find The One, I'll love them "warts and all.". I hope The One will do the same for me. :)

If I get cancer and end up losing my hair, breasts, and whatever else, I want The One to love me anyway. I'll definitely reciprocate. :) As for weddings, I'll get to my dream wedding later! :)

OH NOES, we must be immature because we don't bow down before the sacred institution of marriage. Could make a commitment, but don't know anyone I like enough, if I did I certainly wouldn't ruin her life by knocking her up.

What does commitment have to do with getting her pregnant? Kids aren't required for commitment to someone you love.

You are living a lie.
On May 12, Point Man and I celebrate our 19th anniversary. They are not perfect years--there is no such thing. However, it's been the best damn 19 years of my life.

I can't deny. I'm 19, there's no way I can commit myself fully to someone without knowing the 'things' in life. I feel people need to be with someone for quit a time before they know each other well enough. Like a friend of mine once said: Love can be something temporary, but 'caring' is the real thing. I don't think I'm capable of that at this age/fase in the relationship.
There's no rush. I didn't really know who I was at 19, much less what I really wanted in a relationship.

Clones. I bet Jae has already searched Ebay for Jackman and Bloom's hair.

>.>

<.<

*Jae hides hair*

Then I am done here. o_Q Eunuchs, perhaps?
Are you kidding? Eunuchs can't do anything...interesting.

And as far as marriage goes, I'd rather not get commit to any of the sort. Afraid? I don't know, possibly, but I'd rather actually live life first, rather than suffer through mid-life crises, kids, affairs, divorces, and all of the life-ending negative side-effects that can happen through marriage. Plus, it seriously cramps my style. :carms:
There's good and bad in everything. I married my friend, who is my best friend ever, and my soulmate, someone I can tell anything and know without a shadow of a doubt I will always have love, even if I totally messed up, someone who loves me for who I am, not because I'm beautiful (though he thinks I am), rich, have power because of my title, or a host of other things that would somehow be advantageous to him somehow. We haven't had affairs, haven't gotten a divorce, and certainly haven't had negative side effects that are life-ending. We're both much happier and healthier being together than we would have been on our own.

Well, either that or, like me, they have yet to run into a woman whose good points outweigh her being a disingenuous, conniving, psychopathic emotional vampire on a secret mission to undermine, dominate and ultimately destroy all of the men in her life while lying about it to herself and everyone else.
They're out there. You just have to go to places that aren't filled with conniving, emotional psychopaths.

And now that I have sufficiently balanced all of the sexism in this thread, I will bow out. :devsmoke:
You came close, but it lost it later. :lol:

*waits to find out which category Jae has stereotyped me into* :)

Now, I qualified it with 'most' for a reason. You don't fall into the category of 'most men'.

God, hate Hugh Jackman.
I'm sure that'll make your gf very happy. :lol:

I think we need to say that in SCA-talk for Jae, so I'll take the helm:

Brethren before wenches, good sir.

We're all lords and ladies until we prove ourselves otherwise. Besides, I'm in the Order of the Pelican, so I'm a Dame, not a wench. ;P

The SCA-speak does seem more appropriate for such a Medieval practice. Of course someone will probably correct me and point out that it was actually started by people that barely knew to cook their food.
Romans, Ancient Greeks and Egyptians, Babylonians, pretty much every culture at some point. Must have something going for it.

Nothing says "yeah, that makes sense" like mindless adherence to tradition.
Well, you got burned, so I can't quite blame you for feeling that way either.

My, how cynical....:p Are there any more up there like you? :lol:
Nearly everyone here, apparently. :xp:

So the idea gets the Jae stamp of approval. :D
Hey, as long as you have equal opportunity harems, I'm good.

My list of hotties is far too large to have repeats for mine...

Naw, I'd rather not have to train that many in pleasing me.

And yes, weddings - I like em. I've neglected in mentioning that I will be attending my own this October. :rhett:

Best Wishes to you!!! Don't forget the wedding license.

Even though I want to be married...Now I'm on eHarmony, and the novelty has kind of worn off.
My sister is dating a guy she met on eHarmony, but it took her a number of months to find the right guy.

I admit that I'm picky when it comes to my matches, but I'm looking to spend the next fifty years with The One, if we do get married. I know I have a lot of character flaws, but I'm muddling through life the best I can. If I find The One, I'll love them "warts and all.". I hope The One will do the same for me. :)

They're out there, and they're worth waiting for. In the meantime, enjoy the parts of bachelorettehood that you can't enjoy once you're in a relationship--doing things you want to do, when you want, on your own terms. There are some things I can't do at the drop of a hat like I did before I got serious with Point Man. The trade-off is more than worth it to me, but don't put your life on hold waiting for Mr. Right to come along. Live it fully now. :)

All had food and water too. Let's move on.
Let's not.

Food and water = necessities of life (animals have "food and water").

Marriage and slavery = tradition.

So let's hear once more how tradition for traditions sake is a good reason for doing something.

Archived