Home

Weddings!

Tysyacha

Well, since the boys in this thread were the ones making the stupid comments, I think it's true. Presumptive? No, just an accurate observation on the people who've posted here. I've read enough posts by nearly all the people who've written in this thread, including some of yours on marriage, to know that most are either way too young to make commitments at this time or are scared ****less by the very idea of any kind of serious commitment. Some have been honest enough to admit their discomfort, the rest make fun of marriage to cover up their discomfort with the idea of long term commitment to someone they love. Just an observation of the particular people here. ;)

OH NOES, we must be immature because we don't bow down before the sacred institution of marriage. Could make a commitment, but don't know anyone I like enough, if I did I certainly wouldn't ruin her life by knocking her up. You are living a lie.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. I've read enough posts by nearly all the people who've written in this thread, including some of yours on marriage, to know that most are either way too young to make commitments at this time or are scared ****less by the very idea of any kind of serious commitment. Some have been honest enough to admit their discomfort, the rest make fun of marriage to cover up their discomfort with the idea of long term commitment to someone they love. Just an observation of the particular people here. ;)

As for the harems...I want one filled with manly Orlando Blooms and Hugh Jackmans.

I can't deny. I'm 19, there's no way I can commit myself fully to someone without knowing the 'things' in life. I feel people need to be with someone for quit a time before they know each other well enough. Like a friend of mine once said: Love can be something temporary, but 'caring' is the real thing. I don't think I'm capable of that at this age/fase in the relationship.

You should know that that is not physically possible.:D

Clones. I bet Jae has already searched Ebay for Jackman and Bloom's hair.

Bless you my son! ;)
Then I am done here. o_Q
As for the harems...I want one filled with manly Orlando Blooms and Hugh Jackmans.
Eunuchs, perhaps?

And as far as marriage goes, I'd rather not get commit to any of the sort. Afraid? I don't know, possibly, but I'd rather actually live life first, rather than suffer through mid-life crises, kids, affairs, divorces, and all of the life-ending negative side-effects that can happen through marriage. Plus, it seriously cramps my style. :carms:

Well, since the boys in this thread were the ones making the stupid comments, I think it's true. Presumptive? No, just an accurate observation on the people who've posted here. I've read enough posts by nearly all the people who've written in this thread, including some of yours on marriage, to know that most are either way too young to make commitments at this time or are scared ****less by the very idea of any kind of serious commitment. Some have been honest enough to admit their discomfort, the rest make fun of marriage to cover up their discomfort with the idea of long term commitment to someone they love. Just an observation of the particular people here. ;)

Well, either that or, like me, they have yet to run into a woman whose good points outweigh her being a disingenuous, conniving, psychopathic emotional vampire on a secret mission to undermine, dominate and ultimately destroy all of the men in her life while lying about it to herself and everyone else.

And now that I have sufficiently balanced all of the sexism in this thread, I will bow out. :devsmoke:

The boys, of course, have to be silly in this thread, because the truth is, marriage and in general commitment of any kind scares the living crap out of them, and by saying completely stupid sh*t, they don't have to admit it. ;)

A most interesting comment.

TBH, my girlfriend is much more uncomfortable at the thought of marriage than I am. She's the type of girl who feels boxed in even if I mention something about our long-term future.

I kind of enjoy the prospect of marriage. Of course, that's not to say that I don't have my commitment issues, but...

I've read enough posts by nearly all the people who've written in this thread, including some of yours on marriage, to know that most are either way too young to make commitments at this time or are scared ****less by the very idea of any kind of serious commitment.

*waits to find out which category Jae has stereotyped me into* :)

God, hate Hugh Jackman.

And now that I have sufficiently balanced all of the sexism in this thread, I will bow out. :devsmoke:

Well done :)

_EW_

As for me, I'm all for marriage. It's the "have kids and go to church" part that I'm not so keen on! ;) Some people think, and say, that I'm a dumb...er, "witch with a B", but I try not to act like that. When I find The One, it doesn't matter to me whether we have a civil ceremony or a religious one. All that will matter then is that we care about each other and will be partners for life (I hope!) :)

Well, either that or, like me, they have yet to run into a woman whose good points outweigh her being a disingenuous, conniving, psychopathic emotional vampire on a secret mission to undermine, dominate and ultimately destroy all of the men in her life while lying about it to herself and everyone else.

ownage

The SCA-speak does seem more appropriate for such a Medieval practice. Of course someone will probably correct me and point out that it was actually started by people that barely knew to cook their food.

Nothing says "yeah, that makes sense" like mindless adherence to tradition.

No thnxs. I must be one of the less romantic girls on earth but marriage just isn't for me. If I love someone, I don't need a ceremony to officialize it, huge cakes, fancy dresses, expensive rings, receptions and/or...the additional paperwork (already have enough of the latter in everyday life lol), etc...

No thnxs. I must be one of the less romantic girls on earth but marriage just isn't for me. If I love someone, I don't need a ceremony to officialize it, huge cakes, fancy dresses, expensive rings, receptions and/or...the additional paperwork (already have enough of the latter in everyday life lol), etc...

Yay, I'm not alone!

D3, will you not-but-kinda-sorta-without-the-party-and-other-stuff-marry-me?!

So the idea gets the Jae stamp of approval. :D

My list of hotties is far too large to have repeats for mine...

Here in the states after a certain period of time living together you legally are married anyway. ;) Don't know about there in Canada.

You're the perfect partner for an unsentimental cheapskate. :p

Well. Let's see. As a roadie for my father who is DJ-MC/Musician of 20+ years/ordained non-denominational Christian minister... I make money at them, most of them are short sweet, to the point. Nontraditional. Even ones where my father is not presiding over. Now I'm learning the DJ-MC trade. Looks like I'll be comin' back up and and making $$$ at more gigs this summer and watching people get all S*** faced at the reception party afterwards. All the nice little areas. I've lost count of these that I've done DJ-MC. I'd estimate around 25-50. make a few hundred per gig and the gig lasts for a few hours to a day. Why not?

Other ones I went to:

My dentist's wedding: bhuddist temple church in Palo Alto, practically right across the street from Stanford University. He is Japanese-American, his bride Chinese-American.

Temple itself: while much like any church/temple in America...in a city... INSIDE: Very ornate and interesting designs inside it. Must have took lots of work and careful skillful hand crafting. The rest otherwise like you'd expect most churches and temples, if a bit wide and more well decorated in general.

But frankly, the ceremony itself was not all that different than most american weddings that are short sweet and to the point. A bhuddist sensei presiding over the ceremony summoning the blessings of...how many gods??? Anyway, it was spoken in both english and...either chinese or japanese for the prayerss or whatever it was that he was doing. Yup, an Asian-based American wedding. Which I'll never forget as long as I live.

----------------------------------

Gov't papers, official stuff. Few times. No big deal itself, but the whole secrecy thing is kinda interesting. If their friends including myself were not around, it would be eloping.

----------------------------------

A Jedi wedding...Not sure what if anything this is supposed to represent, beliefs wise.

Apparently the legalization either took place already, or had yet to. It was totally SW, itself. In a forest park. They all whipped out their lightsabers and turned them on when groom and bride kissed.

-----------------------------------

I wish I were exaggerating below. I really do.

An Atheistic Satanic Jewish biker-ish wedding. My friend's dad who is in his 50s found a blonde hottie in her 30s, though she already had 2 kids. Sparing too many little details, to give you an idea: pal and I 2+ weeks apart in age, I younger (but I graduated first HAHA! XD), bride has younger sister our age who did photography. Pal was in the army off in iraq, so I'm basically proxy for him. They found a Rabbi to do ceremony...snuck in "god" in some loose interpretative way--they always do. It was themed atheistic hellsnic. At a Scotts-Irish pub restaurant.

The joke was the groom was gonna have to give up them sheep. Yee-Haw!

Food of various kinds, scotts, irish, jewish, goth (ye olde medieval), goth modern, and Italian. Bikers and stuff there too. And just people there who they knew. Harley rides after the groom and bride kissed. Black, red, and purple dress up theme if not medieval or biker.

Go figure.

---------------

I've also been to 1 reception each of the following: jewish, greek, and Native American tribal.

==============

bros b4 hos man

I agree with that. Until circumstances would indicate that seeing it otherwise would be advantageous, even if only temporarily.

Don't call me a F***in' womanizer, either.

Aww, no $$$ to be made? No shenanigans? Nothing? Bummer.

---------------------------

Me personally... I want lasers at mine. Otherwise I hadn't thought about it much. Why bother? In all seriousness, the right woman will either come along and stay, or she'll be there 90% of the way and I'll completely f*** it up and she'll tell me to go find a horse or something. Life goes on.

^This.

I find this to be incredibly sexist and presumptive.

And this isn't? ->

Should I ever meet a female who I consider really intelligent, we'll go see a judge and be done with it. Until then I'll just stick to screwing around with ones that I consider sort of intelligent.

Ehh, it would make my parents happy if I got married (and I like making my parents happy, so so so :p), plus I have a mysterious desire to flounce around in white dresses (and cheongsams. I'd have to make a conscious effort to look elegant though. They are inherently not suited to flouncing). On another note, isn't there a thread on this? Or marriage? Something like that.

Archived