Home

Favorite Recent Comic Movie(Spoilers?)

HK-42

Favorite Recent Comic Move  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Recent Comic Move

• Nolan's Batman Movies(Begins, and Dark Knight)
    • Iron Man
    • Spider Man Trilogy
    • X-Men Trilogy
    • The Incredible Hulk
    • The Hulk
    • Hellboy (1,2)
    • Daredevil
    • Fantastic Four(1,2)
    • Superman Returns
    • Electrica
    • Catwoman
    • Blade
    • Ghost Rider
    • Other

my top 3 (and in order this time):

The Dark Knight - now one of my all-time favorites, i'm still miffed that it got snubbed at the Oscars. at least Heath Ledger and his family got their due.

Iron Man - fantastic movie that epitomizes what a character-based movie should be. getting to see Tony Stark develop into the man that eventually creates the Iron Man armor was amazing, and Downey only helped with the best acting of his career.

Batman Begins - this one set the bar awefully high for The Dark Knight with excellence all around. i especially enjoyed the theme of fear that was consistently portrayed throughout.

:doo1: thanks. my words exactly.

^ It was good, just not "OMFG, THAT THING IS L33T, DUUDEZ!!1 OMG, OMG, DROOLS AND DROOLS, DIVINE INTERVENTION, HEATH LEDGER = s2, BATZ!".

^ Agreed, it was influenced more by other movies than by the source material I think, mainly Heat or pretty much any Brian De Palma movie...

Not saying it's not a great movie, just not as good as is generally rated.

Okay, here are my top 5 with full description.

1. Watchmen. I know a lot of people will disagree with this but you have to understand, this gives a ''unique'' feeling to the whole Superhero concept. It is only Manhattan who has superpowers, the rest of the Watchmen are flawed and human (Manhattans flaw is the struggle to come to terms with being no longer that). They all have specific interests and skills which allow them to stand above the cities criminals and lesser vigilantes but each watchmen (with the exception of Night Owl and Silk Spectre) are each others foils, even when they admit to friendship and grudging respect.

2. Batman Begins. There are about 100 reasons why I feel this movie is excellent. The primary reason is because the script was written brilliantly, and they treated the source material with respect. Bruce Wayne becoming Batman was very well developed along with the mystic and Gothic direction this film was heading in. A style that was severally lacked in The Dark Knight.

3. X-Men. One word: Wolverine. That, and Magneto is pretty much one of the best villains ever. I'm not sure how to explain it, so its pretty much this. Magneto is awesome. :indif:

4. Spider-Man. At least the first one. The second one was good too, but I didn't like how Doc Ock was portrayed.

5. The Dark Knight. While it may be one of the most overrated films I've ever seen, it does deliver some pretty great acting, and a few good, memorable scenes and in conclusion, it was pretty decent.

The Dark Knight by far for me! Others I liked were Wolverine, all the X-men movies, Elektra, The Punisher, Fantastic Four 2, The Hulk (New), Batman Begins.

Though it's old, you cant forget Dick Tracy!

Okay, here are my top 5 with full description.

1. The Dark Knight. I know a lot of people will disagree with this but you have to understand, this gives a ''unique'' feeling to the whole Superhero concept. It is only Manhattan who has superpowers, the rest of the Watchmen are flawed and human (Manhattans flaw is the struggle to come to terms with being no longer that). They all have specific interests and skills which allow them to stand above the cities criminals and lesser vigilantes but each watchmen (with the exception of Night Owl and Silk Spectre) are each others foils, even when they admit to friendship and grudging respect.

2. The Dark Knight. There are about 100 reasons why I feel this movie is excellent. The primary reason is because the script was written brilliantly, and they treated the source material with respect. Bruce Wayne becoming Batman was very well developed along with the mystic and Gothic direction this film was heading in. A style that was severally lacked in The Dark Knight.

3. The Dark Knight. One word: Wolverine. That, and Magneto is pretty much one of the best villains ever. I'm not sure how to explain it, so its pretty much this. Magneto is awesome. :indif:

4. The Dark Knight. At least the first one. The second one was good too, but I didn't like how Doc Ock was portrayed.

5. The Dark Knight. While it may be one of the most overrated films I've ever seen, it does deliver some pretty great acting, and a few good, memorable scenes and in conclusion, it was pretty decent.

Fixed, for awesomeness. :carms:

Be aware I dont read comics.

Nolan's Batman Movies(Begins, and Dark Knight)

Batman Begins: Very good movie. I loved how they included the ninja training, with the end fight inside the many members, and of course the resulting fight. Also loved the showing of how the bat cave was made(even though it rarely shows a actual cave) the story with Scarecrow was good too. Great movie.

The Dark Knight: Amazing. But does get boring a bit after watching it many times. Loved the scene with Joker and the magic pencil, and Heath Ledgers played him perfectly.(too bad he cant do a sequel, RIP) The storyline was great, with some funny parts like the hospital, with joker pressing the button repeadly. Masterpiece.

Iron Man

I loved the acting of Robert Downey Jr. and all the other cast. I enjoyed the inclusion of S.H.I.E.L.D in the movie and after the credits with Nick Fury. The Action was pretty amazing as was the special effects. Cant wait for 2.

Spider Man Trilogy

1: Loved how they told the story of Peter becoming spider-man and with the goblin.

2: Another great movie. However they didnt go to deep with storyline.

3: Too many characters at once. Should have made it 1 or 2 villains not 3. Hated emo peter.

X-Men Trilogy

1: Probably the best, good story and nice introduction of the characters.

2: Storyline falls a bit, however great movie altogether.

3: Not as good as 1 and 2, but I liked the storyline with the cure. Not sure I liked Jean dying and killing alot of main characters.

The Incredible Hulk

I know this wasn't well received, but I think it was a VAST improvement over The Hulk and had some nice action, story, and funny moments. Personally I never read the actual comics, and barely remember watching any TV series, kept wondering what was coming next. Great movie for people who barely know the story of the Hulk. Also Nice inclusion of S.H.I.E.L.D at end.

The Hulk

Didnt like it. Bad effects, bad plot, bad movie altogether.

Hellboy (1,2)

1: Great movie, too be truthful thought it would be stupid, however I was proved wrong.

2: Now I saw the trailer of this before seeing 1, saw it as a preview in theaters. I remember thinking it was retarted, again proved wrong. Great movie, great plot, amazing.

Daredevil

Nice movie. Not sure why it wasnt very well received, I loved it. Nice action in it, good story, though I hope for a reboot.

Fantastic Four(1,2)

1:Liked it, not amazing but a good movie in general.

2: (just saw it today) Personally even though didnt make as much I thought it was a improvement over the first and loved the silver surfer.

Superman Returns

Havent seen.

Electrica

Havent seen.

Catwoman

Havent seen.

Blade

Havent seen. Watching the first tonight though.

Ghost Rider

Great movie. Loved the plot and the orgin story of Ghost Rider. To be truthful I didnt realize that the grave keeper guy was the other Ghost Rider till he showed Nicholas Cage(Johnny Blaze) the grave.

^ It was good, just not "OMFG, THAT THING IS L33T, DUUDEZ!!1 OMG, OMG, DROOLS AND DROOLS, DIVINE INTERVENTION, HEATH LEDGER = s2, BATZ!".

Oh, okay, you got me there:D It was indeed good, but then again, there are others that are better.

Saw the Wolverine movie during the weekend, and I was quite impressed by it!

I had pretty low expectations because of X3 so I was pleasantly surprised, and it confirms my vote for the X-Men series!

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Deadpool is a brilliant bad guy, very well executed ;-)

Archived