Home

Favorite Recent Comic Movie(Spoilers?)

HK-42

Favorite Recent Comic Move  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Recent Comic Move

• Nolan's Batman Movies(Begins, and Dark Knight)
    • Iron Man
    • Spider Man Trilogy
    • X-Men Trilogy
    • The Incredible Hulk
    • The Hulk
    • Hellboy (1,2)
    • Daredevil
    • Fantastic Four(1,2)
    • Superman Returns
    • Electrica
    • Catwoman
    • Blade
    • Ghost Rider
    • Other

Favorite recent superhero movie(based off comics) and why?

Me: Iron Man. I loved the acting of Robert Downey Jr. and all the other cast. I enjoyed the inclusion of S.H.I.E.L.D in the movie and after the credits with Nick Fury. The Action was pretty amazing as was the special effects. Cant wait for 2.

2nd Runner up: The Dark Knight. You can guess why. A perfect film, just barely got beat by Iron Man, due to the fact I perfer Marvel over DC. Great acting by Christian Bale, Heath Ledgers, and the other cast, also great directing by Nolan. Hoping for a 3rd Masterpiece.

3rd Runner Up: The Incredible Hulk. I know this wasn't well received, but I think it was a VAST improvement over The Hulk and had some nice action, story, and funny moments. Personally I never read the actual comics, and barely remember watching any TV series, kept wondering what was coming next. Great movie for people who barely know the story of the Hulk. Also Nice inclusion of S.H.I.E.L.D at end.

You?

EDIT: Can a mod add Origins under the x-men section, I forgot about that.

The Dark Knight. Yes, it's the predictable option, but it is such a damn good movie, nothing really comes close to it IMO. I'm a big comic book/superhero movie fan though, so I enjoy all the Spider-Man, X-Men, and most other of those listed.

Catwoman. :carms:

Halle was definitely hawt in that...

Iron Man, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Hellboy 1&2, Fantastic 4 1&2, Blade 1&3, And most of the others listed are also good to me.

Except the Spider Man movies, they left me feeling a whole heap of "Meh" after seeing them... while ok, they aren't my cup of tea.

I have to go with the X-Men trilogy, especially the first two parts (directed by Bryan Singer), because X-Men have, in a way, the most mature backstory and deal with mature issues (at least in the movies and last two TV shows - X-Men Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men).

Second place: the new Batman movies. Definitely an interesting interpretation of that universe, though I prefer Burton's Batman and Batman Returns.

Third place: Not sure really. Either Iron Man, or the Spiderman movies. Both are pretty good.

As for some of the other voting options, I've seen Catwoman and thought it was pure and utter crap. Same goes for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and especially Ghost Rider. Superman Returns was pretty good (Spacey as Luthor = Pure Genius :lol: ). Daredevil was OK, but nothing special. Blade movies... the first one was pretty cool, but the rest were crap. Well, that about covers it.

Haven't seen the Watchmen yet, but I've heard some mixed opinions about it.

I saw X-men Origins: Wolverine the other day, and I thought it was really cool... they slightly changed canon events and the ending was a little rushed but it was great seeing Wolverine and Sabertooth side by side in war etc :)

The only real bad thing was Deadpool... he is known as the merc with a mouth... but had no mouth lol!? anyway great film.

Spiderman and x-men are great, Batman (1990) is still the best version of the caped Crusader imo, but Bale does a great job none the less.

Iron Man.

The Dark knight was an alright movie. I'm not that big on Batman though

Other then Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four I didn't see and of the others yet.

The Fantastic Four was alright. Could have been better could have been worse.

And I love the Spider-Man story... But the movies SUCKED! All of them! That and the acting sucked. The only actors I liked were Norman and Harry Osborn

Dark Knight

Watchmen (runs a very close first with DK actually)

Hellboy 1&2

Dark City (an all-time favourite)

Im not an actual superhero fan, but I do tend to like watching Batman movies for some reason. And DK was the best of them all, Begins was a good movie too.

Man, all this does is remind me that there are a lot of movies that I haven't seen.

And a lot that I will never see. :p

EDIT: Probably an unpopular choice, but out of the ones that I've seen I'd have to rate the Spider-Man films as the best. Please note that I did not see the third one. ;)

Yeah, I heard that it was bad, which is very unfortunate given that I thought that the first two were great. :(

As far as the rest of the list goes, I want to see The Dark Knight and Iron Man. The rest I really don't care about.

EDIT: Probably an unpopular choice, but out of the ones that I've seen I'd have to rate the Spider-Man films as the best. Please note that I did not see the third one. ;)

If you like the first two (like I did), don't watch the third one. Ever. It will totally ruin the first two for you. >_<

Batman: Loved both of the movies. Number 1 on my list.

Iron Man: Loved it, as well. Number 3.

Spiderman: 1 and 2 were okay, but 3 stunk.

is what should have happened.

Xmen: I liked them all, especially number 3. Second on my list.

Ghost Rider: I didn't like it.

Fantastic Four: They were okay.

I haven't seen any of the other things on the list. I'm votin' for Batman. XD

my top 3 (and in order this time):

The Dark Knight - now one of my all-time favorites, i'm still miffed that it got snubbed at the Oscars. at least Heath Ledger and his family got their due.

Iron Man - fantastic movie that epitomizes what a character-based movie should be. getting to see Tony Stark develop into the man that eventually creates the Iron Man armor was amazing, and Downey only helped with the best acting of his career.

Batman Begins - this one set the bar awefully high for The Dark Knight with excellence all around. i especially enjoyed the theme of fear that was consistently portrayed throughout.

for the sake of balancing this list, i also give you my 3 worst picks (still in order from the worst down):

XMen 3 - jeez what a horrible movie. cheesy dialog throughout and a horrible mish-mash of undeveloped storylines. the only good part: when Magneto lifts the bridge to connect it to that little island. and whoever says that Brett Ratner can direct a good movie deserves to be shot. preferably with spitballs until they bleed to death.

Catwoman - this one combines a predictable storyline with pretty much no suspense whatsoever. oh yeah, and you can't forget about that horrible script. what a waste of a great actress like Halle Berry.

Fantastic Four - and only the first one. the second one was enough of an improvement to not make this list, but only just. this movie had some very cheesy dialog, and none of the characters were particularly interesting or inspiring. i found myself yawning constantly throughout.

Archived