Home

My favourite Guybrush so far!

Scapetti

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You could have been a bit more coragous and called me gay and horny yourself, cause that is really what you are doing isn't it?;) pretty dumb.

Well I was only messing around or I wouldn't have made the sprite and would have just said "no, you are the one that is gay, my sprite is not gay, it is you" but that would have been dumber right? XD

But anyways, calling something gay isn't really that constructive. I like constructive criticism. The shoes comment however, is something I CAN deal with

Here are two new versions:

MI2 shoes:

tmiguybrust8.gif

TMI shoes:

tmiguybrust7.gif

Which do people prefer? Or was it fine how it was...

I didn't call your drawing gay, I said guybrush looks a bit gay in your drawing, there's a bit of a difference you know. And it's a bit hard telling that you are messing about when you look at how aggressive you are acting all over these forums. Not that I mind being called gay(or horny for that matter) in the slightest. Ones comments tend to reflect upon oneself.

I didn't call your drawing gay, I said guybrush looks a bit gay in your drawing, there's a bit of a difference you know. And it's a bit hard telling that you are messing about when you look at how aggressive you are acting all over these forums. Not that I mind being called gay(or horny for that matter) in the slightest. Ones comments tend to reflect upon oneself.

Great, so I get a bad rep for being aggressive to trolls? And then you decide to be aggressive back when I'm just messing about? :/ I have said a lot of nice things on these forums also, do not judge me over one incident!

Can't we all just get along?

gaysbrush.gif

Ones comments tend to reflect upon oneself.

This is very true indeed. If you take the phrase "judge not lest ye be judged" or "criticism tells you more about the critic than the criticized" into account during your day to day life, you'll be a better person.

If I had a penny for each time that idiom applied when I've been telling someone that they were "probably thinking of naked men right now", I'd have, like, four pennies.

I mean, I'm not gay or anything.

>.>

Um...

Why do my posts always seem to end with me in a bad light like this?

If you take the phrase "judge not lest ye be judged"

I do believe that's actually a very specific Biblical phrase that literally means: Don't think you have the right to judge anyone else, only God does. Outside of Christianity, I don't think it really means anything, does it?

I do believe that's actually a very specific Biblical phrase that literally means: Don't think you have the right to judge anyone else, only God does. Outside of Christianity, I don't think it really means anything, does it?

No need to be so atheist! We don't want to start ANOTHER religious war :¬:

I don't think it needs to have a religious meaning for the statement to ring true. Of course that's where it originates, but if you assume that religious texts are a way of controlling people (as most atheists seem to) then this is just a piece of good advice turned scaremongering. I always read that phrase as: don't judge people, because they'll judge you too. Eg., don't think that someone else is a dick because they support Man Utd. etc.

If we all just got along with each other regardless of our beliefs and differences, we'd all be happier. That's the gist of that phrase to me.

I don't think it needs to have a religious meaning for the statement to ring true. Of course that's where it originates, but if you assume that religious texts are a way of controlling people (as most atheists seem to) then this is just a piece of good advice turned scaremongering. I always read that phrase as: don't judge people, because they'll judge you too. Eg., don't think that someone else is a dick because they support Man Utd. etc.

If we all just got along with each other regardless of our beliefs and differences, we'd all be happier. That's the gist of that phrase to me.

Except if you don't believe what we do( e.g. The roman catholic church) you'll burn in eternal damnation in the fires of hell. But that is of course entirely up to you.

Talk about scaremongering.

And saying that most atheists assume religious texts are a way of controlling people is slightly judgemental. But hey, let's not turn this into a religious debate, head on over to richarddawkins.net and we'll make an evening out of it:)

"Judge not lest ye be judged" means "do not judge others unless you are prepared to be judged also". I just included it because it fits in nicely next to "criticism tells you more about the critic than the criticized".

Except if you don't believe what we do( e.g. The roman catholic church) you'll burn in eternal damnation in the fires of hell. But that is of course entirely up to you.

Talk about scaremongering.

And saying that most atheists assume religious texts are a way of controlling people is slightly judgemental. But hey, let's not turn this into a religious debate, head on over to richarddawkins.net and we'll make an evening out of it:)

There is scaremongering in every religion, but that isn't what makes up religion as a whole. The Bible wasn't written by one person. Most of it used God etc. as a persistent analogy or centre point to make the teachings within it more comprehensable.

A lot of people dismiss Jesus as an idiot who babbled on about God and didn't know anything, but he was actually probably one of the most clever men of his time. He was actually a philosopher (not a goddamn carpenter), and most of his teachings hold importance and relevance regardless of your belief in God. The problem is that when people think of "religion", they think of a completely uniform system of belief, which is impossible because of our individualistic nature as people. That's why religions can't work the way they're expected (but they are good for teaching morals etc). I'm not religious in any way, but I can appreciate a lot of what Jesus said. It annoys me when people say he was speaking the word of the magic man in the sky and all that - that just makes atheists more prone to think "this is all stupid, he didn't exist". These ideas were born out of the people of the time's inability to comprehend his teachings because they were so extreme and advanced, so a lot of them attributed it all to God, and through the years the importance of God channelling himself through Jesus has outweighed the importance of Jesus' teachings.

I'm not saying that that's where the idea of God came from, obviously (I mean, Jesus was a Rabbi), but I am saying that there's a lot of misunderstandings regarding him and the role of God.

Archived