Home

New Last Crusade version!

Calling ATM... Calling ATM... Come in ATM...

As a massive fan of Last Crusade I'm especially happy that there's a new "bug fixed" version coming. But what bug-fixes could there be? I remember ATM's page pointing out that certain characters (like the butler at Brunwald Castle) had their "EGA" clothes on in the VGA version... Could this be what they mean?

Also, what's the Tandy sound going to be like? As I've said before the FM Towns music, although technically higher quality, missed out on many tracks, so wasn't perfect.

Excited! :) I hope it's not much more than $4.99 though! This IS an extremely old again and even I wouldn't want to pay a lot more for it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to be a final polish and fix of the game, ensuring all in-game elements are VGA and that sound reproduction is faithful to the original.

What bothers me is that they're using Tandy sound for the game, and not the CD soundtrack, but I gather that the updated audio wasn't comprehensive.

I'll post from my comments to the news post to here (edited and whatnot):

What CD-ROM re-release from 1992 are they talking about? The only DOS re-release was the white label release which was identical to the floppy release. The full article says "...version of The Last Crusade isn't the CD-ROM version that was released in 1992." The FM-Towns version was released in 1990, so it can't be that one. And, it was made for Adlib, which confused me as well. That version mentioned in the adventurer would make sense. I've never seen that version around though.

In conclusion and IMHO, it's either a) that mystical CD version mentioned in the Adventurer or b) something made up.

Also, what's the Tandy sound going to be like? As I've said before the FM Towns music, although technically higher quality, missed out on many tracks, so wasn't perfect.

Yes the track when you go to Venice isn´t complete and Venice has no music. :(

Excited! :) I hope it's not much more than $4.99 though! This IS an extremely old again and even I wouldn't want to pay a lot more for it.

I´d pay more!!!

The Steam version of LC is basically the same as the PC VGA version, but with one (!) typo fixed (which is also apparently fixed in the FM Towns version.)

Also you have the option to use a graphic smoothing filter and aspect ratio correction (both are enabled by default but can be turned off), like the Entertainment Pack releases in Europe a few years back.

Archived