Home

Quanons Crazy Projects!

Quanon

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A very long time ago, I passed it on to D-stoney, but since then I never heard anything from him again... So it's just like... dead I guess :-S

I believe Darth Insidious passed it on to me. As far as I have been able to check, the only thing left is programming and fine-tuning a combat mode and something about the dance floor. I simply haven't had time or a PC capable of running TSL. :(

Any inf/help/requests on that are welcome, by the way.

And some more shots on the nameless project. I made these awhile ago though. Work slowed down, because I can't get a good look for some of the smaller details for this area. I've tried various things, but I was never really pleased by it. So I let it rest for a bit.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

RenderA6_zps2db279bc.jpg

RenderA2_zpsa786b46d.jpg

RenderA8_zps884c8a7a.jpg

Wow, that could be textured into Coruscant...

I believe Darth Insidious passed it on to me. As far as I have been able to check, the only thing left is programming and fine-tuning a combat mode and something about the dance floor. I simply haven't had time or a PC capable of running TSL. :(

Any inf/help/requests on that are welcome, by the way.

lol I'm working on it too. quanon sent me the same files he gave stoney, maybe we can work together?

lol I'm working on it too. quanon sent me the same files he gave stoney, maybe we can work together?

Sure! I'll have to get back to you through PMs on my schedule, though.

Oh, dear I forgot I gave it to Darth Insidious aswell :lol:

Nice to see you guys team up. Looking forward to see the results. Hopefully this might finally see a release :p

There have been quite a few people that have taken turns. All should be credited.

That is a given, wouldn't want it any other way!

Minor update on the Nar Shaddaa streets. Fleshing out all the windows and entrances/ doors for the clubs, apartment and a shop. Some of them have taken up some more time to create then others.

Here's a sneak peak ;)

Show spoiler

This a little tunnel transition, bit ala Manaan and Telos; zigzag warping :lol:

It'll be the entrance to a more regular cantina or it might be to a second smaller street area. Nothing is certain yet.

nar06.jpg

Doorway into a 'hotel', another block of apartments. You'll have to pay it a visit for a quest.

nar07.jpg

Entryway to the Red&Blue club.

nar08.jpg

Top down view of the entire area. Shows how odd things are starting to look.

A lot of parts have been deleted, because you would never be able to seem them as a player. Well, unless you start cheating ofcourse x-D

nar09e.jpg

I love your modules, this one looks to be coming along great :-). are those grey boxes for reference?

Yes, those are the famous MAN_BOX things :lol:

They are roughly the size and bulk from a male character. Like that I know people won't knock their heads against a door post.

Wow, that could be textured into Coruscant...

Héhéhé, smart one aren't you :-p

Looks like a gloriously complicated layout!

It might look that way; but the walkable/ playable area isn't that big itself. It's always a balancing act how large/ long you make an area. Nobody want to walk several minutes just to get from A to B. But neither should it be to short as thing go to fast. So it's less exploring and discovering.

But lucky me I don't have to look far to see how to solve this or at least get a better idea what's suitable. The game itself is a prime example of how to do things ^_^

Had a few brief modding moments this week. I kept adding to the Nar Shaddaa streets. Though this time it's more off indoor streets. I needed an entrance to my Underground club, but I didn't just wanted a door somewhere. This club is sort of remote, not really hidden but not just in plain site. So I added corridors and extra rooms.

These rooms are a bit like where the refugees are hiding at the docks in TSL. Nothing breath taking, but these extra spaces can easly be used by quests and such.

Show spoiler

narback.jpg

The area is nearly done, 1 more door needs to be added. Then its more background buildings to flesh it all out and a skybox ofcourse :lol:

Looking forward to start texturing this thing.

It might look that way; but the walkable/ playable area isn't that big itself. It's always a balancing act how large/ long you make an area. Nobody want to walk several minutes just to get from A to B. But neither should it be to short as thing go to fast. So it's less exploring and discovering.

Yeah, I felt that balancing act taking place in your (unspeakably awesome) BoS

modules, especially the final tomb modules after the Korriban Wastes. Really gorgeous stuff, but not too much of it because it's just an avenue of transport.

Nice-looking rooms!

Yeah, I felt that balancing act taking place in your (unspeakably awesome) BoS

modules, especially the final tomb modules after the Korriban Wastes. Really gorgeous stuff, but not too much of it because it's just an avenue of transport.

Nice-looking rooms!

Hehehe, that's like ages ago, but true :-) One of the areas was nothing more then a sort path to the temple. Had to make fun and impressive, else it would have rather been dull to walk across.

I got your e-mail and checked it out! ^_^

I hope everyone enjoys the 'upgrade' to Telos.

I haven't forgotten about the panel thing; but it's such an odd texture. That I'm thinking of restarting my work on it.

IRC, it's actually animated, to make the buttons and screens blink/ light up.

Aaaah, nothing beats doing an early test run. Obviously it doesn't look like much yet, but I did get a sense of the scale. It's always a bit of gamble when modelling. So far I'm pretty pleased with this model. Lots to do still. But it's nice to actually walk in your model ^_^

Mind this model is for another project, I won't say much what it really is. But I let you guys enjoy the pics. Plus I need to be honest; being cheered on, it keeps me motivated to work further :lol:

Show spoiler

testaa.jpg

testcob.jpg

testdz.jpg

testddt.jpg

Mind this model is for another project, I won't say much what it really is. But I let you guys enjoy the pics. Plus I need to be honest; being cheered on, it keeps me motivated to work further :lol:

Show spoiler

testaa.jpg

testddt.jpg

Either the walkmesh needs work, or your standing in thin air. I can't decide which...

• 2 weeks later...
Ah you still got it Q! Looking fantastic as always mate, should probably look to finish some of the projects we started like 5 years ago haha

<Jaw hits the center of the earth...> GM, you're back....ARE YOU A GHOST?!

Incidentally, me and Darth Sapien are working on your Scrapyard Games mod. Any feedback or ideas would be much appreciated and definitely used. Please PM either of us if you wish to contribute. As it is, I plan to use your original idea for the Skirmish game mode.

If you're here to stay awhile, then welcome back!

Otherwise, hope you're doing well.

<Jaw hits the center of the earth...> GM, you're back....ARE YOU A GHOST?!

Incidentally, me and Darth Sapien are working on your Scrapyard Games mod. Any feedback or ideas would be much appreciated and definitely used. Please PM either of us if you wish to contribute. As it is, I plan to use your original idea for the Skirmish game mode.

If you're here to stay awhile, then welcome back!

Otherwise, hope you're doing well.

Hey! I'm glad it wasn't effort in vain, I just ran out of time to work on the projects. To be honest all my projects now are for the iPhone, and while brushing up on a bit of C I thought back to when I used to write mods for this game and figured I'd have to have a look and see if everyone is still about here aha.

As I recall, the plan for the game mode was the two game types (it's been years so I can't remember the details) we planned on doing a tournament style game in rounds of increasing difficulty and a final horribly difficult boss battle and then epic rewards in the form of SG weapons and armour.. I think I was experimenting with bullet types and stuff to get grenade launchers and lightning guns and other cool stuff that actually made the games worth playing.

Erm, as far as I remember Skirmish was going to be a kill rewards system where by you are faced against waves after waves of enemies and interval boss fights for 100 rounds or as best as you can manage and you get a better reward tiered to 10 round upgrades.

That's as far as I remember, and I'm definitely up for sticking around but I really don't have time to work, I doubt I can even remember much of Bioware's Aurora Engine haha

Hey! I'm glad it wasn't effort in vain, I just ran out of time to work on the projects. To be honest all my projects now are for the iPhone, and while brushing up on a bit of C I thought back to when I used to write mods for this game and figured I'd have to have a look and see if everyone is still about here aha.

As I recall, the plan for the game mode was the two game types (it's been years so I can't remember the details) we planned on doing a tournament style game in rounds of increasing difficulty and a final horribly difficult boss battle and then epic rewards in the form of SG weapons and armour.. I think I was experimenting with bullet types and stuff to get grenade launchers and lightning guns and other cool stuff that actually made the games worth playing.

Erm, as far as I remember Skirmish was going to be a kill rewards system where by you are faced against waves after waves of enemies and interval boss fights for 100 rounds or as best as you can manage and you get a better reward tiered to 10 round upgrades.

That's as far as I remember, and I'm definitely up for sticking around but I really don't have time to work, I doubt I can even remember much of Bioware's Aurora Engine haha

I'd be happy to carry on your experiments. As it is, I figured that's what you wanted and know how to implement it, but need time and a modding computer. But I promise you, it will see the light of day.

Archived