Home

Roman Polanski

Totenkopf

I think the film world's rallying round him is ridiculous. He may be a gifted film-maker, but he is also a fugitive from justice.

It shouldn't matter now whether or not the victim has dropped the charges - if he was innocent, I don't think he would have fled the United States for France.

Even if he is innocent, he should at least be taken to the US to face Justice.

Fleeing the US is a clear and obvious sign of guilt. At least we're trying to bring him to justice now. I would agree, if he is innocent then he should come to USA to face the accusations.

Frankly, those guilty of this kind of thing are scum. Scum who get no compassion from me. I don't care who he is, where he's from, or what he does nor how gifted he is. That kind of crime is abhorrent. The fact he is a coward only makes it more heinous.

the victim has dropped the charges.

he should at least be taken to the US to face Justice.

Who cares? The loser fled the country, he's not a threat to anyone in American jurisdiction anymore, and the victim dropped the charges anyway. Trying to get him now is just revenge. Bring him back, hold an expensive investigation, an expensive trial and stuff him into and expensive, overcrowded jail. Great idea...

Who cares? The loser fled the country, he's not a threat to anyone in American jurisdiction anymore, and the victim dropped the charges anyway. Trying to get him now is just revenge. Bring him back, hold an expensive investigation, an expensive trial and stuff him into and expensive, overcrowded jail. Great idea...

It makes no difference that Polanski isn't a threat. Nor does it make a difference that the victim forgave him. The victim cannot drop the charges in a rape case. It's not revenge at all. Polanski fled from justice after admitting his guilt in raping a 13 year old child. Would you be so willing to let him go if that was your child?

Of course he's still a threat. Allowing him to go free means more than just his case. There are others being chased just as vigorously. Just because he isn't in the states doesn't mean he's not a threat. He needs to face the charges. Accept them. Quite frankly I want the list of everyone who supports releasing him. I'll add them to my list of people whom I will never again watch one of their movies... Though Woody Allen is already on that list. And Whoopi is as well, but that's because most of her movies.... um... suck...

If it was a frat boy, CEO, guy down the street, or(as that third article notes) priest, there wouldn't be this level of protection. But no, He's one of Hollywood's "Elite" so he deserves to be free to rape a 13 year old and keep making movies. He had sex with her WITHOUT her consent, even if she HAD been old enough, it would still have been rape. But rather than face charges, he got to keep making movies, and even won an academy award. This child raping SOB got an award. If he was a catholic Priest and got away with this, would they be so willing to just give him a pass?

First off, I think what he is accused of doing is reprehensible. If he did do it, which by all accounts he did, then he should face justice.

However, isn't there a statute of limitations on rape or sex offense? I know there isn't on murder, but if there weren't a statute of limitations than why aren't the vast majority of so-accused Catholic priests in jail or standing trial?

First off, I think what he is accused of doing is reprehensible. If he did do it, which by all accounts he did, then he should face justice.

However, isn't there a statute of limitations on rape or sex offense? I know there isn't on murder, but if there weren't a statute of limitations than why aren't the vast majority of so-accused Catholic priests in jail or standing trial?

Well, if the preponderance of evidence and admission of guilt are there for those priests......lock em up and melt the key in front of them. :devsmoke:

It makes no difference that Polanski isn't a threat. Nor does it make a difference that the victim forgave him. The victim cannot drop the charges in a rape case. It's not revenge at all. Polanski fled from justice after admitting his guilt in raping a 13 year old child. Would you be so willing to let him go if that was your child?

Bull****, if this guy's half a world away and it was my child, I'd be taking care of my kid, not fuming over the media circus. He's in France now, right? He's their problem now, don't bring that guy back here, in chains or not!

He's in Switzerland. Who's fuming over a media circus? Gadflies like much of Hollywood and the other lightweights (including govts) defending RP notwithstanding, he's a fugitive from American justice, so French opinions about Polanski are irrelevant. Frankly, the weasel should take it like a man. If we're willing to waste >$1million dollars everytime a guilty schmuck like Abu Mumia Jamal wants to fight the death penalty, what's the big deal about taking RP into custody. Perhaps he should've raped the child in VT/NH (forget exactly which), they've been pretty lenient up there on child molesters.

^ It comes down to what Law and Justice exists for. You try to protect your society by getting rid of the people who aren't playing by the rules. Well, we got rid of him just by threatening justice, didn't cost the taxpayers a dime. There's no way he'll ever be able to get back to the States, so society is safe from him. It's like he's been banished from the country.

Well, if it's that easy, maybe we should just banish all people from the country who are currently rotting in jail. Think of all the money you could save by just banishing criminals from America in perpetuity. Temporary bump in unemployment, what with all the prison personel, but I suupose we could find something else constructive for them to do. ;)

Actually, he pled guilty in a plea deal to reduce the sentence, and was found guilty already. He ran just before the sentencing. He needs to be locked up. How many other girls has he molested after drugging them?

My question is why are they nabbing him now instead of years ago? It's not exactly like he's been in hiding all this time! He's been directly in the public eye. He won an oscar for christ's sake! The real question is why hasn't this happened sooner?
He was hiding in other countries--my guess is the US had to wait til he was in a country that would extradite him to the US.

Well, if it's that easy, maybe we should just banish all people from the country who are currently rotting in jail. Think of all the money you could save by just banishing criminals from America in perpetuity. Temporary bump in unemployment, what with all the prison personel, but I suupose we could find something else constructive for them to do. ;)

Well, now, too much of anything is a bad thing. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll have a stroke or something. When was the last time Mother Nature did us a favor?

Frankly, the weasel should take it like a man.

Well, now, he's in trouble for taking it like a 13 year old boy back in the 70's, so why would we expect him to take it like a man?

There's no way he'll ever be able to get back to the States, so society is safe from him.
What about the 13 year old girls who are living in the countries he's hiding out in? We just write them off because they aren't American girls?

Realistically, I don't see the need for the massive uproar over it. He's already plead guilty to his crimes, and conversely, Geimer has already stated several times that she's forgiven him. Additionally, if it's taken the U.S. this long for the arrest and extradition of him, then why bother the extra imprisonment? He may have fled from justice, but that doesn't warrant more charges based on original charges, especially if her's already plead guilty. I also wouldn't consider him to be a bona-fide active sexual deviant, particularly his past trauma at hand, with the gruesome murder of his wife and future child and all causing intense psychological decay.

House arrest for the original charges would be fair at least, as well as additional probationary and low-security internment for the fleeing of justice charges.

What about the 13 year old girls who are living in the countries he's hiding out in? We just write them off because they aren't American girls?

Yeah. The Swiss government will protect their children. They have to, because Switzerland isn't in US Jurisdiction, it's in Europe.

House arrest for the original charges would be fair at least, as well as additional probationary and low-security internment for the fleeing of justice charges.

Right. Get him away from any potential victims. That's the idea. There is no payback involved here, just solutions.

Bull****, if this guy's half a world away and it was my child, I'd be taking care of my kid, not fuming over the media circus. He's in France now, right? He's their problem now, don't bring that guy back here, in chains or not!

you are mad, sir, the victim having to live through the whole thing all over again be damned, i want that scoundrel raped back like hammurabi intended

Well, now, he's in trouble for taking it like a 13 year old boy back in the 70's, so why would we expect him to take it like a man?

I don't expect him to do anything other than what he's already done. Just saying how he should take it......not how he's likely to take it. Besides, the average 13 yr old probably wasn't using quayludes to "seduce" anyone. If they were anything like Bill Maher, they were probably doing intense self-study in autoerotica with Playboy or somesuch. :devsmoke:

Actually, he pled guilty in a plea deal to reduce the sentence, and was found guilty already. He ran just before the sentencing. He needs to be locked up. How many other girls has he molested after drugging them?

Huh, I must have had my facts wrong. I thought he was simply accused of it and needed to stand trial, not that he actually was found guilty/plead guilty. In that case, yes, lock the bastard up.

Archived