Home

Disbeliever's crazy project!

disbeliever

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I didn't find SithSpecters PMs that offensive.

Could it have been worded differantly, yes, sure.

I'm standing in the middle here, keep the door open.

Else we'll have to agree, that we don't take input from anyone.

And its just the two of us :)

I can live with that.

I'm keeping my ears open, waiting to whats going to be said.

I didn't post, YES I AGREE FULLY! With this or with that.

EDIT: This is weird PM'ing and posting, what a mess >_<

To be perfectly blunt, this is not his project. It is our project. If he wants to join that so he can be included in that, he needs to work as a teammate. You and I send countless PMs back and forth everyday with ideas, comments, suggestions, images, download links, model files etc.

If this seems mean hearted, it is not. We picked up and ran with a dead project and have been doing a fantastic job IMO, and i honestly see us finishing this planet and releasing it. I do not want someone on the team who cannot work in a team. As I said in the beginning, i invited him to join us. If he can actually join us, cool.

I apologize if I was hasty in what I posted. This is an area that I had started on a long time ago, but I worked on a little bit when I saw how this project was going. The work was mainly textures and such, but I fixed and added some buildings. It's not at all complete, and I am not trying to impose anything on you, I just got excited, that's all. Again, I apologize for any confusion.

Totally agree on this. They can do what they want. Never forget they are doing this mostly for fun/distraction (yeah, after all, they aren't paid, so no obligation...). And when the fun dies, whatever the reason, it might be reason enough for one to just stop believing he should continue.

Quanon, disbeliever, can't you just use Sithspecter's model for your own project?

Not really, not because the model is ugly or something, but off the style differance.

Go back to what Dis has made cylinder buildings look like, and those seen in SithSpecters render. You'll notice that its quiete differant.

Me and Dis early on decided to go for a very coherent look. We want the player, not to see the differance of who modelled what. To the best of our abilities.

It's the main reason, why Disbeliever is doing all the outdoors, its a really balancing act to get our stuff nicely together.

Perhaps a bit of odd point, as it has not much to do with actuall modding, but I'm crazy like that about visuall stuff :p

Now, SS dropped his little bomb, main reason Dis didn't like the attitude is this was in the public. Nor is it the way me and Dis do things.

We got our method on how to agree on how stuff is going to look. All via a heavy PM-ing.

I understand my partners concern, though I perceived Sithspecters post differantly. Less offensive.

Now I won't say more about it all, work continues, even with these bumps on the road. No doubt we'll sort it out all for the best of the mod and the community.

I'dd hate to have to turn this into a soap opera of sorts... >_<

I have heard it may need to be even larger. I will experiment :lol:

Edit: I have pulled in biowares arena to compare sizes in 3dsm. Our arena is taller, and biowares is slightly fatter. All in all I think the size is ok, I will be tweeking the arena though, to make it wider to show more size.

Wow.

I hate coming to this thread and watching the epicness that is Sleyheron come to life... if only because I then need the next batch of updates that much sooner :D

Good job on it!

Must say I'm glad I wasn't able to check LF in the past few days and missed the drama with SS and this.... :D Would've made for an uncomfortable 'live' news bit. :xp:

Update: Area is complete. We call this area the "rich" area, as it has 2 rival hutts palace's, and the grand arena :lol: I have enlarged the arena and palaces to give it an even more towering look. Will be 2 posts due to pics, sorry mods.

And Edit: This area has even less polys that the other 2 :lol: I must be improving. It stands, as seen in shots below, at 28000 polys

You enter the rich area, and climb a ramp

1.jpg

As you reach the top of the ramp you notice 2 large pipes overhead. I hope they do not crush you :lol:

2.jpg

To reach the hutt palaces and arena you have to climb even higher, but do not fall into the pitt

3.jpg

Hutt Palace 1, this belongs to the rich hutt

4.jpg

Teh grand arena!!!! Some shops on the sides, etc

5.jpg

Hutt Palace 2, this is the not so rich jealous hutt :lol:

6.jpg

Some pitts along the way to the arena, shops in background

7.jpg

Misc Arena

8.jpg

View from arena entrance of palace 1