Home

Dragon Age: Awakening Expansion

True_Avery

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6244898.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

New area, higher level cap, new enemies, and 5 new companions.

"The major add-on will feature an all-new storyline that focuses on the rebuilding of the Grey Wardens after the bloody events of the original game's campaign. It will allow players to import their Dragon Age characters or start over as an all-new new Grey Warden from the empire of Orlais. It will also delve deeper into the backstory of the Darkspawn and their ongoing objectives."

"In addition to a new storyline, Awakening will also raise the level cap for Dragon Age: Origins. It will also add new foes, with BioWare mentioning such creatures as the Inferno Golem, Spectral Dragon, and a hyperintelligent sub-race of Darkspawn. It will be set in the all-new realm of Amaranthine, and will also add new spells, abilities, and five all-new party members which players can enlist."

Looks like it as been priced around $40 American. Pre-orders Ship 3/16/2010.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/awakening

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The major add-on will feature an all-new storyline that focuses on the rebuilding of the Grey Wardens after the bloody events of the original game's campaign. It will allow players to import their Dragon Age characters or start over as an all-new new Grey Warden from the empire of Orlais. It will also delve deeper into the backstory of the Darkspawn and their ongoing objectives."

I wonder if this will work like the Origins part in Ðragon Age:Origins with separate story lines. Should be a fairly big difference between playing as the hero of Ferelden who's just ended the blight, or some as-of-yet-nobody from abroad when it comes to rebuilding the Ferelden branch of the Grey Wardens you'd think. :)

Wow, I knew they planned for a lot of DLCs, but I didn't expect a full blown expansion so soon. Awesome. I'll definitely be getting this one. I wonder though, if they'll insert a new race for the player, or perhaps just a new origin story.

I wonder if this will work like the Origins part in Ðragon Age:Origins with separate story lines. Should be a fairly big difference between playing as the hero of Ferelden who's just ended the blight, or some as-of-yet-nobody from abroad when it comes to rebuilding the Ferelden branch of the Grey Wardens you'd think. :)

No problems there...we don't know how many Grey Wardens fought at that last battle. I counted three. But the new main character could easily be a new one that simply fought there too :)

All 5 new companions should be female elves :parrot:

Morrigan

is gone so it could get lonely in the tent yes...the ears not being the only thing pointy there...^^

Anyway, since no-one has said it, I will:

WANT.

NAOH.

tyvm.

I'm really psyched for this as I did feel the original left quite a few loose ends and was missing a final act, seems like this will be it. Still hoping it is more in the 20-30 hour range, rather than the rumored 15 though.

Sandal gave me the biggest laugh and then biggest what the f...moment in any video game I have ever played.

Near the end of the game...just...epic.

Anyway, Desire demons would be nice, but...now the difficult thing: They're desire demons. They look like what you desire. So they'll look like female Elves anyway.

I win for sheer logic.

The one my mage met in the Fade sure didn't look like a female elf, but that didn't stop him. :devsmoke:

Anyway, regarding the supposed release date: considering they just postponed the latest DLC (Return to Ostagar), which was supposed to be released yesterday, it's reasonable to assume this expansion won't be ready for March as they seem to be planning. After all it is a much bigger and more complex project than RtO. Thoughts?

Nice. Glad to see an expansion pack is coming out soon. I played and beaten the first one around three times. (Currently playing as a Dalish elf.) It was a fun game and I definitely enjoyed it. The origins aspect is a great addition to the game and the execution of it (IMO) was great. I'm also glad to see that Alister has a returning role in Awakening. I actually thought he was the best character in the entire game. (Morrigan is second anyway.)

I am wondering though on how many expansion packs BioWare is planning to release for Dragon Age 1 before getting to work on Dragon Age 2... :raise:

To be honest, I'd wish they hurry up and end support for DA so that they can outsource the sequel to Obsidian. It kinda proves that BioWare doesn't know what their fans really want. >:|

I'd say it's completely the opposite. They are obviously giving the fans everything they want. On the other hand, the fans are a demanding and childish lot. If you take a look at Bioware's DA forums, you'll see what I mean.

I for one am completely satisfied with everything Dragon Age has offered so far.

Archived