Home

Hunters W.I.P.

Success! I replaced attons body with something weird.

http:

//img267.imageshack.us/i/k200005.jpg/

This means someone with better modeling skills than me can replace characters with brand new ones. It might even be possible to not have to replace a character if you spawn it through scripting and give it it's own model.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atton as a trash can :xp: Actually, it's a placeholder to show it can be done. Atton looks weird because for some reason his head stuck around. Kreia was fully replaced.

http://img139.imageshack.us/i/k200006.jpg/

Imagine if I had the skills to create a whole new character model to replace her.

Create a model from scratch. Break it up into 4 sections- head, torso, 2 arms. import a model with the bones you want into 3ds max or gmax. click on the head,torso and arm sections and take note of what each piece of skin envelopes. Delete the skin leaving only the bones. merge both the bones and new model together. convert to mesh. Envelope each piece of skin with their corresponding bone- eg arm with the arm bones. you may have to import the animations for it to be animated. export convert from ascii to binary then put in override folder.

Atton as a trash can :xp: Actually, it's a placeholder to show it can be done. Atton looks weird because for some reason his head stuck around. Kreia was fully replaced.

That might be because Kreia is a single model (both body and head included), whereas Atton has separate body and head models. I bet if you did the same thing to Atris, her head would be invisible too. Do they have goggle and mask hooks, as well as all the others (camera, lightsaber etc)?

This looks like a very interesting project you're working on. All the best luck to you :D

Actually the mask removal animation is included in the model already. However it is not on the model I animated. The flourish animation is harder. Since it is a BIK movie the animation wasn't included in the model. I could try to animate it though. I could use the challenge.

Actually the mask removal animation is included in the model already. However it is not on the model I animated. The flourish animation is harder. Since it is a BIK movie the animation wasn't included in the model. I could try to animate it though. I could use the challenge.

The model you animated is the masked model, right? Would it take very long to do the same for the unmasked model? I know the hood wouldn't be animated(unless you want to do those as well), but having the cape move is better than nothing.

• 9 months later...

Wow, long time no post. So what have I been up to? Well.....

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
kotor0000.jpg

Show spoiler
kotor0001.jpg

Show spoiler
kotor0002.jpg

Show spoiler
kotor0003.jpg

Warning: there are some clipping issues with the blades. Unfortunately, this will probably not be fixed unless I'm really lucky.

Archived