Home

Changes to Javyars- PLEASE VOTE

Do I want changes to Javyar's Cantina?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do I want changes to Javyar's Cantina?

• Yes.
    • No. Keep the old system.

I've been noticing that interest in Javyars has waned much in the past year. Entries have become few and far between and the last one had no entires at all. Therefore as moderator, I am going to make some changes. This will also be a poll to determine if the idea is a good one or a bad one.

Instead of monthly challenges, Javyars will be a quarterly challenge. There will be a period of three months to submit your entries and then a week for voting. The dates are as followed for submissions:

Jan 1-March 25

April 1- June 24

July1- Sept 24

Oct 1- Dec 25

And a week at the end of each submission time. The same rules apply for the submission of entries. It can't be a work previously submitted of from a WIP. However I am going to open up the competition to art entries as well. All submissions for art are the same as fics and must bear some relation to the theme of the competition.

Please vote on whether you like this proposed system or if you want to keep the old one.

What she didn't bother to say was that twice I was either the one or one of a pair that suggested subjects, and none of you thought the contest worthy of your attention. I agree with Writer. It's fun to twist your brain around something you might not have considered. I even wrote three stores posted directly because I had won before and was not allowed to compete.

If I can do it, you can

Yea, this sounds like a good idea.

What she didn't bother to say was that twice I was either the one or one of a pair that suggested subjects, and none of you thought the contest worthy of your attention.

Hardly. The subject can be very interesting, but without a related story idea...yea.

Yea, this sounds like a good idea.

Hardly. The subject can be very interesting, but without a related story idea...yea.

I am not the only one who can make that complaint, considering Hallucination won a few months ago with something completely unrelated, and it wasn't the first time he had posted it. Usually I'm too deep in one of my own stories to post.

I love you too, mach.

You're a sweet kid. I wish I had a daughter I could forbid to marry you. More upset that you didn't even write an actual story. You are why I suggested this below;

Hey JM12, one suggestion, give the people who want to write a chance to roll their own for the first two weeks. You don't like the subject, you ask for or suggest another. How is that? But only for that two weeks.

I was thinking that the first of the new competition would be a free for all. The only thing I would suggest is that it be Star Wars related or have some element to a LucasArt production. So even Hall could creat a troll that may have stumbled down the rabbit hole and ended up on a deserted island with nothing but a lightsaber or a whip.

I was thinking that the first of the new competition would be a free for all. The only thing I would suggest is that it be Star Wars related or have some element to a LucasArt production. So even Hall could creat a troll that may have stumbled down the rabbit hole and ended up on a deserted island with nothing but a lightsaber or a whip.

So Writer and I can compete, right? And are we coming up on the second seasonal one now? Or does it start on 1 July?

nd yes you and Writer may compete. This is a new competition and I'll take all comers.

I see, I Guess I'll Attempt it when the Time comes. Ofcourse it wont be as Good as the Seasoned Competitors But i Will Have a Go Non the Less :D

JM, I really don't think Hall needed suggestions to go crazy with :p

Looking forward to the new contest though, whatever the subject may be :)

I'm totally in favour for the change. Perhaps with 3 months on hand, people could plan their time and writing better. And maybe they could make the stories a bit longer for a more enjoyable read.

And perhaps a little advertising might help boost readership? I mean, even if there are only 2 entries, it sucks if there are only like 5-6 votes.

So does the Star Wars free-for-all start on July 1? Or do you have a specific topic at hand?

I see, I Guess I'll Attempt it when the Time comes. Ofcourse it wont be as Good as the Seasoned Competitors But i Will Have a Go Non the Less :D

Kid, don't think of it that way. Every one of us started without knowing what to do, and just worked until we got better. If I thought for a minute that my entering would stop any of you kids, I'd never even compete again, which is why you don't know who did enter until the voting starts.

I can't really blame her, some people feel that my last few stories have been a bit too similar. o_Q

Hah, fair point, sir!

Kid, don't think of it that way. Every one of us started without knowing what to do, and just worked until we got better. If I thought for a minute that my entering would stop any of you kids, I'd never even compete again, which is why you don't know who did enter until the voting starts.

Comment seconded, and I would do the same. As frustrated as I get with people who don't quite know what to do in an RP (example: their character knows/sees everything that they themselve do is not the way to go ;) ), I constantly remind myself that I was once as bad or worse. It is only by pressing on and continuing to write that I got better. And if I could do it, then so can anyone with determination to keep on trying :)

I third the comment. My advice to writers is always practice makes better. The more you write, the better you get. It took me years to develop my way to telling a story and even then I have my brain fart moments. Don't worry kiddo, just write and submit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived