Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

To explain first, my league runs an annual "Turkey Shoot" night on the week before Thanksgiving week in which a cash prize goes to the bowler in each average division who bowls the most pins over average on the night. There are three divisions for each gender, so 6 total prizes...after working the math out from the standings sheets online, I figured out that I won the men's A division prize, and my female teammate won the women's B division prize. We'll be collecting our prizes tomorrow night. :joy:

We repeat this concept around Xmas, too, BTW.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHen curlers have a turkey shoot we place a frozen turkey on the center of the rink. Then people buy "rocks" raffle style. You then throw your curling rock towards the turkey. At the end the person who has a rock that is closest to the turkey gets the bird.

When you have a 20-25 pound turkey on the ice and throw 45 pound rocks at it. it gets quite interesting

I hear that!

Spent the weekend on the Cape with the GF's family. Was her mom's 60th. Big surprise party.

I'm totally exhausted today though. I really don't sleep well or relax in hotel rooms. Plus: being off my scheduled routine for 4 days means it's really hard to get started and back on track today.

Still: It was a pretty good time!

:)

Well... without 15 posting, and me not as much (I actually might have TOO much life these days... which leaves me with little "goof off and be silly on the internet" time...), and most of our occasional "guests" either quiet or missing... the numbers were never going to be as great as efforts past.

But that might not be a bad thing. Next year might be the most epic ever!

Maybe...

I'd been using OpenOffice.org for my productivity apps, but it had dismayed me that the apps were lacking some features (with some, like conditional formatting in Calc, not working the way you'd expect). With the project apparently on hold, I bit the bullet and got M$ Office Home & Student, which came in the mail yesterday; I'm waiting for a free weekend day to install it.

Archived