Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

Celebrating Oktoberfest here in La Crosse Wi. Got up early in the morning to join in the First toast, and the toastmaster dropping his beer.

Got to watch the tapping of the keg, and the beginning festivities. Crowds were horrid tho and there was no attempt to organize anyone so it was one big massive blob of people trying to get in, and when you got in, there was no where to go. The lines for beer tickets were exponentially longer then the actual beer lines.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, ed, I hope you have a Kinect if you want to repeat your amazing Forza 3 completion in Forza 4:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-23-under-the-hood-of-forza-4-interview

Hmmm... Not really.

I probably wouldn't have been interested in copying that even without the Kinect requirement. That was a pretty substantial chunk of the last 2 and a half years to fulfill that goal.

No. I just want to race. I might set some leaderboard goals for myself... but I don't think I'll chase finishing every race in first place again.

I still have no interest in Kinect... but I won't totally rule it out for "someday" either. But I'd much rather have a steering wheel, shifter, and pedals. There's a Ferrari one coming out for XBox when Forza 4 drops.

http://jalopnik.com/5833533/ferrari-458-italia-steering-wheel-for-xbox-is-a-knob+fest

No... I now have a new goal:

I have about 150 - 200 unpainted lead miniatures from when I was a much younger lad... mostly D&D, but some Star Trek RPG characters and ships. My new goal is to get all of them painted.

With ALL the copious amounts of free time I have, that should take the better part of a decade.

:dozey:

But my GF and her daughter want to paint them with me... so it may not be all that bad.

No... Just paddle shifters.

I wish Logitech would make their really good model cross-platform.

As it is, the Porsche GT3 wheel is the only good solution, but it's hundreds of dollars for the full kit. :(

But this one is less than $90... And it was designed with FM4 in mind... So it's any good, I might go with that one just to have something.

7-5 on ladder (58% win rate) today, 22-16 overall, (57% win rate) . Zerg vs Zerg is not abysmal, winning almost half of them (47%)

Best Match up is Zerg Vs. Terran (81%), drawing dead even with Protoss. WTB Range 9 Neural Parasite back please.

In other news: I'm 99.999% sure that if they could, the Division of Human Rights would hire me.

Gears 3 seems pretty awesome so far... though I'm sure it's much more fun as a co-op game.

Forza 4 just around the corner!!! I can't wait!!!

A couple of weeks into the new semester, and I've already hit the exhaustion wall. This bodes not at all well...

Went down to the Oktberfest grounds last night with my wife, it was "Craft brew night" and they had about 98 different beers available for sampling. My one complaint is the beers were set up in a tent in the shape of a J, and all the good microbrews were at the bottom of the J. SOme people were just standing around in drinking their beers while others were trying to to get at the beers or even leave.

George Wendt (Norm from Cheer's) was there plugging his book. I think he is near deaf b/c i tried asking him some questions and he gave me blank looks. Still, kinda cool to say I had a drink with America's most famous barfly

Had about 10 beers before we called it and stumbled back home

Mixed for Peter Erskine last night. Got Guthrie Govan tonight. Both obscure. Both musical monsters.

2 shows with They Might Be Giants on Saturday. Always a fun time.

This week is wearing me out, though. I'm glad the 10-hour shift on Sunday was cancelled... so I can get at least one day to rest.

started my new job today. Of course the first day includes a lot of brain mealty stuff like craptastic low budget safety videos, mindless derpy OSHA memo's. I think I kill half a tree with the amount of paperwork I signed.

Plus side is I got a free lunch, and some informal chatting time with my new bosses. Also since the corperate offices are in chicago land and we are near the MN border there seems to be some really good friendly football trashtalk and ribbing going on.

Just downloaded the Forza 4 demo.

I'm impressed. They made the physics a bit more realistic... which will take a bit of getting used to. And the control button layout is different in an awkward way... which will take a LOT of getting used to. Hopefully that's changeable in the full game... 'cuz that's gonna drive me bats*** crazy otherwise...

Good to know! :)

By the way:

Playing the new Forza got me thinking steering wheels again...

I saw that Fanatec is coming out with an "affordable" wheel set for Forza 4, that's also PC and PS3 compatible. Still not as cheap as the Logitech one... but hopefully WAY better than what early reviews have suggested that the sub-$100 Thrustmaster one I had my hopes on looks to be.

See here: http://www.fanatec.de/

Archived