Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

It is expensive... but the affordable ones all

A.) Suck

Or

B.) Work only with PS3 and/or PC.

I had high hopes for that Thrustmaster Ferrari one for Forza I mentioned a while back... But all reports are that it's super cheap, doesn't work well, and has no force feedback... but I guess for under 90 bucks, that's all to be expected.

If only Logitech would let their exclusive license with Sony expire, there would be some more, better, and affordable options... but as it is, the best mass-market wheel out there doesn't work for XBox.

There's a converter box I read about for using the G27 wheel with the 360... but it seems like a kinda shady process to actually get one... and while it works, it has mixed reviews at best.

http://www.xcm.cc/f1_converter.htm

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent all-day yesterday, and all of the day so-far today picking up and organizing my place.

And there's so much left to do... but I can actually move around a bit better than I could 48 hours ago.

I didn't plan on spending the weekend this way... but now that I have, I kinda feel pretty good about it.

:)

Spent all-day yesterday, and all of the day so-far today picking up and organizing my place.

And there's so much left to do... but I can actually move around a bit better than I could 48 hours ago.

I didn't plan on spending the weekend this way... but now that I have, I kinda feel pretty good about it.

:)

Pretty much how I spent an early Sunday afternoon recently (maybe even last weekend), Ed. I did a long-overdue purge of the junk in my bedroom, which made a nice space in one of the corners for my bicycle. A side benefit is that I found a couple of items with names and phone numbers, one for a KJ I used to hang with at one of the local venues, and the other a contact list with students from the vocational school where I first received my computer training. There may be a reunion coming out of the latter given that I know how to find people (a "skill" put to good use 2 years ago for my high school reunion).

Anniversary weekend went well. Not "epic", but good. :)

Picked up Forza 4 yesterday... but haven't actually unwrapped it yet. Which is a good thing, because I realized that the Gamestop seriously screwed up my Pre-Order stuff once I got home and looked it over... and I managed to bring it in and get it sorted out today.

That might just be it for pre-ordering stuff for me though: the hassle of it all doesn't really seem worth what few benefits you get from it. An extra car to start with... *YAWN*

I regret not getting the collector's edition though. Expensive... but that would have been more worth the extra effort for me to try to get.

Of course: There aren't really any games on the horizon I really NEED to have, either. Maybe I'll get the Halo re-boot... but that's really not a first day must have for me in any way.

So... I think I'm done.

I've been having intermittent connection problems that my ISP thinks they've traced to a bad DSL filter. I received new ones today and replaced the one on the phone that I thought had the bad filter (my cordless phone). The upshot is that they also told me that I could upgrade to a 3 megabit (down) line for just a dollar more a month than I had been paying for my old speed; figured I could use the extra speed since PBA Xtra Frame (on which I can watch qualifying and match play from the pro tournaments) is supposedly going to start offering an HD stream this season. :D

Wifey and I carved some pumpkins today. We got them for $2.50 each. Mine was around 50# and her's was around 20. She went the more traditional route while I challenged myself and did Portal's weighted companion cube

pumpkin10142011.jpg

eventually going to put a strobe light into my cube pumpkin. but i was kinda happy with the results

Girlfriend won an XBox in a raffle this weekend. Pretty cool!

I have a feeling that most of my unplayed game collection will end up over there, now.

Of course... I haven't touched anything since Forza 4 came out.

I guess I'm a fanboy.

Archived