Home

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Kuuki

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my desktop machine back in good order. Nothing wrong, but I think this something is happening when I'm connected to a chat network I used to use, because my netbook exhibited the same problems when I was connected on that network with my netbook. I was able to narrow it down because that was the only connection on my netbook at the time...if I'm just on Facebook or something, nothing happens.

I tried Google Chrome again while I was using my netbook, and found that some of the problems I'd been having with JavaScript in the browser about a year ago are behind it now. I've always liked the speed, so I've made it my default browser on my desktop machine, too. I was even able to import my Firefox bookmarks and dragged the bookmarks I had as buttons the toolbar on that browser to Chrome's toolbar, as well. :D

Verizon noticed the problems I've been having with connections on other sites besides IRC, and they put a message on their customer service system yesterday to the effect that customers in my area could be having problems accessing the Internet. It was Wednesday that Verizon saw the problem I was having, so hopefully they're fixed now...so far, so good. :)

So much awesome:

First, Blizzcon:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

And then....

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

And more stuff just coming in. American team EG and Quantic are partnering with Korean teams SlayerS and IM respectively and get players to Korea to train and compete in the GSL.

YES.

Quick update...I have been connected continuously for about 7 hours now without anything dropping, so, hopefully, the issue has been resolved for the long term. I've since caught up on everything, including posting virtual league results that are usually posted on Mondays.

Went to Lambeau field (2nd time this year) this weekend with my Wife. She had a meeting with the Wisconsin Engineer's association. THe room, her food, and gas was paid for. We left early and took the tour of Lambeau Field. Not much to it, went to one of the Luxuary suites, and then through the SE Tunnel (where the Packers come in) onto the field, and back to the concourse. My wife and I decided to get on the waiting list for Season Tickets, and become stockholders.

While she was at her meeting I enjoyed the indoor water park at the hotel. Then we got together again for Cocktails and dinner. State Senator Dave Hanson (D-Green Bay) on of the Heroic 14, got a Standing ovation before he spoke for a bit. Kinda funny when he was recounting the 22-day filibuster he and the other 13 Democratic senators did to delay the "Budget repair bill". He said "THe Media said we were vacationing at Resorts, when we were at the Clocktower in Rockford that didn't even have a pool. Then at the Hotel made famous by the movie "Ground hog Day" before moving on with nothing more then the cloths on their back and maybe a change of cloths

Then after a dinner we went back to our room to watch the Badgers lose before getting up early to drive back so I could be at work at 1pm

Spent the weekend doing things with the GF.

Working on her place... Getting tires for her car... Buying supplies...

Not exactly the most epically romantic weekend ever... but it felt productive.

Crappy week at work ahead. All late nights... with meetings early in the day. So... lots of long hours. Oh joy. :dozey:

Thanks to WIsconsin's Governor walker, my Wife now will not get a raise for two more years. Bringing her total to 8 years without a raise.

Even tho on average State Union Employee's make 20% less gross income and have average Health insurance compared to the private sector.

And just recently my wife's Department hired 2 more Engineers. Some of them came from All across the States, some owned thier own companies, some have been working for over 10 years and ended up taking an entry level state position

So can anyone justify the wage freeze anymore?

People on Social security at least got a raise this year

I usually don't post about my bowling here until the following day, but I didn't want to forget posting about tonight, which was a breakthrough after my lesson last Thursday: 3 open frames all night (one in each game), two on splits, and the other on my only missed 10 out of the 7 I had to shoot. :joy:

CUrling started for me in La Crosse. THere is a new club that started at an Ice Arena. There was an open house and about 60 people showed up. THere were about 18"Experienced" curlers there and we were able to get 2 games going.

Was able to draw to the 4-foot circle to end up stealing 3 in the last end

Looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg day. Bleh.

Meetings all morning/ afternoon. Long soul soundcheck/ concert all evening/ night.

There are days I'd trade my life for a stupid and boring 9-5 M-F office job. Today was certainly one of them.

I didn't realize it until I saw the BowlSK sheet of my night the other night again yesterday, and forgot to post this this morning: If we were doing no-tap scoring, my second game would've been a 300...I had at least 9 pins on every first ball, including XX9 in the 10th frame, meaning I threw the required 12 first balls. :)

Archived